(complete) Holy Smoke Seeds Peshawar Afghan Coop Seed Run

38 Likes

31 Likes

They look fine.

3 Likes

I enjoyed reading the thread on the Peshawar.

4 Likes

Thanks buddy. Our minds must have been on the same thought train. I was just thinking about the PCO you grew. I bet they would pair well😁
Here’s the babies and Momma Joe last night. Going to flip joe any day. Seedlings need another week…i need to pollinate by the end of month to catch the coop mailout20230102_194547|375x500

@deeez99 yours are likely about the same?

26 Likes

Several plants have leaves that look like Joe’s…but none quite as narrow yet. Its early though.

11 Likes

Hey @Upstate I was procrastinating an update as my plants are struggling at the moment. I was thinking my recycled soil mix is possibly a bit off and when I transplanted to 1gal last week I may have over watered them a bit which is when the yellowing on top started. I’m seeing what might be some Ca/Mg deficiency as well in the lower parts.

Pretty embarrassed about them right now but I’m hoping they can balance out more over the next week.

22 Likes

Say @deeez99 , I greatly appreciate your honesty , that’s hard to do :slight_smile: , and I had the same issues those damn half gallons are a pain in the ass lol for real, and you realized it before it got to bad I didn’t notice it till the fungus gnats set in on me so I got some nematodes for them the hardest part is sitting back while they do thier thing, anyways that’s really cool of you not many people will, good job

9 Likes

They just need to dry out I think, but you did mention a transplant. If, as the plants dry, you don’t see improvement or if the light color goes lower down as they dry the soil is too hot. They do like a pretty mellow soil. Dont worry about the temporary mishap. I do that too. All the time. I just time my photos around my screw ups :rofl::joy::rofl:( its really only a screw up if you do it twice. Its a new strain)
The plants look like they are growing fine to me. I put some Durban in a hotter soil and they lightened 3 shades in a week. I tried to pull them out but they were firmly rooted. Its almost like they liked it but it was too much for them to handle. They never did darken.up but they finished fine. In that case I’m sure it was the soil and the whole of the plants turned the same light green. Yours look different. I bet by tomorrow evening they are looking good. I see an extra dark green plant there in yr photo and noticed its soil looks drier than the others.

Shows character AND We don’t learn anything from photos showing perfect plants :grin:
The recycled soil is tricky. I have similar issues…I mean really you don’t know what has or hasn’t been used by the previous plants until the next plants in the soil tell you by showing a deficiency or if amending, an overdose. Usually the first batch of plants i put in recycled soil have some need unfullfilled. Each generation it gets better and better. Stick with it.
Did you flush it well? Mine gets rained on…

11 Likes

Photo one. A closeup of a Joe Leaf. Deep serrations.
Photo 2. One of mine looks similar
Photo 3. one of @deeez99 plants looks similar.
Too early to tell much yet but i see a few good candidates so far. Keeping an eye on these 2…
Stem rubs are getting smelly.

16 Likes

@drgreensleeves Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it. It’s easy to forget in the midst of it that this happens to others.

Thanks yea I’ve done it before and with time (and patience) I’m able to get them going nice and green again eventually but this just seemed more of a time crunch so that was the main concern. Onwards we go!

This batch of soil did not get flushed. This stuff was in plastic garbage bags in the greenhouse hoping to cook out any bug eggs. I have another batch ready to go outside that has been getting rained on over the last few weeks so it will be more interesting to try that out on some other plants as it’s the same soil.

5 Likes

If it isn’t overwatering my guess is that soil just needs to be flushed well. IF you have a 1/2 inch or an inch of room left in the pot, dump the rootball out and put some of that rained on soil at the very bottom of the pot for the tap root to hang out in.
Of course see that it isn’t overwatering 1st.

7 Likes

That’s a good thought. I’ll give them another day or two and then try that with a few of the more sad looking plants and see if it helps them recover.

5 Likes

Maybe you have some Sulphur deficiency icon_e_confused|nullxnull, some Epsom salts foliar spray would help … beer3|nullxnull

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-sulphur-deficiency-in-cannabis-plants-n598

4 Likes

I vote leave em alone…I’ve had similar experiences after transplant, takes a few days to 10 days for new growth to look normal again.

Consider gently probing down into the soil right next to the stem to see how the soil feels. Sometimes when transplanting the original smaller rootball/soil gets so dried out that it doesn’t rewet despite being surrounded by (over)wet new soil. So the soil looks wet and the pot feels heavy but the roots are completely dry.

They’ll be fine in a few days…grow on :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am betting you transplanted before the pots dried out sufficiently, then watered again when transplanted. I would try to get a fan pointed at the pots and that will help them dry faster, they are only in 1 gallon so they should dry relatively fast. Do you amend with extra perlite in your soils mix?

7 Likes

How are they looking today? Any better? This weekend I am going to set up A-tent and start flowering Joe. She’s getting big now. I’m going to transplant at the same time. We’ve had a week of above freezing weather and my soil pile thawed out. I’d better take advantage. I remember how Joe started going through the nitrogen once flowering got rolling. I amended the outdoor soil heavily with chicken manure a couple months go. It’s had plenty of time to get absorbed. At least the 1st month was frost free and warm.

I’d say we’re about on schedule. I’ll start flowering the plants that I think are males this weekend. I’ll leave the other plants for another week or so And I’m guessing one of those will probably be a male as well…
@zephyr I don’t think anyone has told me when that April mail out is for the Co-Op. This will be close. Worst case scenario I have enough seeds now to cover the 250 people already signed up and the next Co-Op mailing would include seeds from Joe. I think I can get it done for this mailing with a little luck.

26 Likes

Tag in @g-pas, our shipping coordinator. They’ll have the answers for you.

I expect the preference will be to wait until you have everything ready for everyone on the co-op list.

It will be easier to do a single mail out, rather than multiple rounds of mailing for this project.

I only see 225 sign ups total. does this mean you are good to go?
also, what exactly is Joe? a named phenotype of the peshawar?

7 Likes

Looking good over there! Mine have improved over the last couple days with the yellow leaves starting to green up a bit but still a ways to go from looking optimal. I’ll let them go a few more days and just keep an eye on them.

@George I did start spraying the leaves down with a mix of some epsom salt and a little water soluble calcium made from egg shells.

@overgr0w For sure been trying to just leave them be. I did probe down a bit and it’s moist despite no watering but not too bad. Also kinda thinking more perlite would have been helpful.

@Mrgreenthumb There is a fan on them and actually RH right now is drrrrrry like 30-35% as of recently. It’s not usually that low but I generally have more plants in here. I do amend with additional perlite when recycling soil but I don’t think I added enough this time.

17 Likes

They’re greening a bit Arriba|nullxnull, they will be fine … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes