(complete) Holy Smoke Seeds Peshawar Afghan Coop Seed Run

I somehow deleted tall girl. She’s looking me in the eye now. I have Less than 6" more height before I have to bend the plant. Makes me think more than ever That the old Afghan sativa is originally from the Himalayas

My main light is off for all of these pictures

28 Likes

Looking good my friend…:+1::+1::v:

3 Likes

They definitely look like sativa by their leaves. Sounds like it has a good funk going. too. niiiice… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

This Peshawar line is really fascinating. Just by looking at the pictures, if you didn’t tell me what they were, I would guess it was a Haze hybrid. Good stuff

9 Likes

@WVMountainGhost I agree. This Is as pure a narrowleaf as you can find anywhere. I knew when I researched this variety that it needed to be spread around. I am making arrangements to send this one back close to its original home. Will be giving some seeds to the @LandraceWarden to spread around to Afghani and/or Pakistani farmers from or near Tirah Valley Is which is just South of Peshawar Afghanistan and not far Southwest of Peshawar, Pakistan. I hope to go there in a couple years and perhaps I can see what they have done with it😁

25 Likes

that is incredibly bitchin’ my dude :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

I concur! Bro! that is some super Badass stuff right there , for real! Then even if you don’t make it in a couple more years you could get some seed back from The @LandraceWarden :slight_smile: and be able to grow/see/ experience exactly what the farmers have accomplished and in turn it make it’s way all through the industry because of the area and local trade how it’s all connected to the west in our ever pursuit :slight_smile: f@$&n fantastical! :slight_smile: Please excuse my language but Man! That’s Amazing! You just keep inspiring everytime I turn around:) damn that shit is Cool! Ps. That’s so badass I thought/think it needed said again :slight_smile:

9 Likes

More than anything If we could get these into the hand of some farmers that would grow some out, perhaps other farmers would see it and say oooooooh…i know this strain…so and so still grows it😁 Would be super cool to find a remote farmer in the Peshawar Area that would be willing to grow them for this reason alone. Maybe we could find more lines similar to this one.
If not, what old farmer wouldnt enjoy some smoke reminiscent of his youth?
I’ve often said that the best place to preserve a landrace is in its original home. If you have extra old seeds from a country of origin, consider finding a local steward to take care of it for us.( after a successful preservation that is)

23 Likes

You still on track for march overflow???

1 Like

Wow these are just amazing to look at nice! The afghan sativa still doesn’t sound right.lol.

4 Likes

Unfortunately no. Last pollination will be this weekend with pollen from @deeez99 due to arrive. Some seeds are getting close to being done but the additional pollination is going to slow the ripening down. Will be September mailout unfortunately, but i have seeds now for anyone getting antsy. You would have to forfeit the bx though. Too many packs to make to double dip.

14 Likes

Does anyone want their pack of seeds now? I can catch this mailout no problem but have to hurry.

10 Likes

I can wait. Currently no free space in the grow, so no hurries :sweat_smile: . And for collection, can wait a little for the fall box.

Many thanks @Upstate

HG!

6 Likes

Joes female offspring. The former runt( pictured) has the most compact structure and nicest early resin. The tall stretchy one is the smelliest.

Here’s a late male and a shot of the keeper male flower cluster in front of the other early males’ looser flowers, whose pollen was used just a little. I’m glad i picked the male i did as the main man. Tightest flower clusters, best smell, like momma on the stem rub and leaves are a match too. All around a nice male. Too bad its not bigger. Like to see it grown up.
This late male has been in the periphery of the light so its hard to judge the flowers properly. Structure is very nice. Would be symmetrical if not for me accidentally folding a top.
My wife is loving that i hijacked her picture window again lol. she won’t stand it much longer😁

33 Likes

The other late male( both flipped to 12 12 after the others) has super cool leaves.

the Headwaters of the East Branch of the Susquehanna River can be jumped near my place.

25 Likes

nice, I fished that River a lot in NY

3 Likes

The fish are bigger downstream😁 lol.
I only fished the upper East Branch for Trout but downstream of Oneonta towards Sydney/ Unadilla i hear there is epic bass and walleye fishing. I spoke to a guy who floated downstream in a canoe with his kids and he was just casting a spinner while they floated a bobber. He was hooking 20" plus Smallmouths all day. Some can reach 5 pounds. The walleye are supposed to be large too but are better fished for at night. They can go over 10 lbs.
@Zett Where abouts did you fish?

13 Likes

I was fishing right above the Pennsylvania border. Great bass and Walleye fishing. I would not say 20" bass all day, but I did catch a 19" bass once and a bunch of 16" bass. Biggest walleye I had there was 24" or 26" , but I mostly fished from shore, not so often in a Kayak.

6 Likes

I can wait… thank you!

2 Likes

It’s really odd that the fishing gets better or more consistent upstream but I think it’s due to healthier water containing more aquatic life. The Susquehanna River is huge after the Chenango and other rivers joins up with it down towards Pennsylvania. Susquehanna means “river of many islands” in the native tongue.
Nice Walleye! 24-26 inches is a monster in a river. Biggest one ever caught in my county was 17lb 10 ounce, but the guy that caught it only had it weighed on a grocery store scale and it was not a certified scale…and then he ate it. Came out of Schoharie Creek. Unofficial state record.

8 Likes