(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

Your blessings mean a lot. May it bring you much Karma and many Customers! I’ll be one for life that’s for sure, I can’t wait to grow more of your gear!

17 Likes

mandala seeds has ace’s golden tiger. they also have some new golden tiger v3 that’s more expensive. i’ve got some seeds of the older version myself. i was gonna save them, but if you plan to pop 'em right away and use them for this, i can send them your way.

5 Likes

This actually changes things a little bit, and now that I think of it…what is the plan going forward @Jinglepot ?
Are you going to do two side by side seed runs? Open pollination of the old and the new bx?
Sorry if you’ve talked about this already, I’ve been swamped with work and have had very little time for anything online.

4 Likes

Romulans interesting … Cloaking and stalkin

1 Like

I’d recommend tossing the old seeds and using the new. But that’s up to Jinglepot.

12 Likes

Why that? Aren’t they basically two different strains or releases?

3 Likes

I discontinued the original release due to my not being entirely happy with the results. I released the Romulan “bx1” seeds because they are a huge improvement and better represent what I want people growing. The original release uses only the old seeds with my selections of male and female. The “BX1” uses the male I selected to make those original seeds and the clone female from the F1 seeds selected in the 90’s by my Father and his friend. The bx1 seeds are much better in my opinion.

39 Likes

But everybody’s endocannabinoid system is different and “Romulan” seemed to be loved by many also for medicinal purposes. Of course I don’t know what that “Romulan” was in any case anyway… lol. I just have read “the old version of strain x was much better” so often on here that if I could do it, I’d probably preserve the old version first. Hope that makes sense.

(Of course “the old version” of many things was better because the new one was not refined but done from scratch in many cases due to lost parents etc.)

Anyway awesome of you to support the run with your genetics and knowledge. I’m just watching so got nothing to say what’s done here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your endorsement of this seed run is awesome @RomulanGenetics More good work @Jinglepot. You may want to take a break for yourself. It’ll give us time to figure out your next 3 runs :joy::crazy_face:

6 Likes

I understand your thinking but I think there is a place for the old version. People like nostalgia, they like having what they once had. I personally think it would be a good choice to keep those available and labelled as such. Otherwise, it may be romulan, but is it really romulan? You know what I mean?

2 Likes

You’re missing the point that I made both versions… a year apart. One is better is what I am telling people and its not my original version. Read what I wrote more closely. :wink: :v:

12 Likes

It is not the original version… I made it myself from old seed stock and the female I selected fucking sucked. I didnt know half of what I know now back then. So I went back and used the female my father and his buddy selected. I crossed it with the same male I used to make those original release seeds. The results are MUCH better in the bx1 seeds.

They both are Romulan.

34 Likes

I am aware of that. A lot of companies release what they consider better versions and there are always people that prefer the older one. In software terms, a program can have bugs (errors) but you will often find people that use these bugs as features.

4 Likes

Its making for a fun morning tho.

5 Likes

That is even more impressive! To come and say that your first version is inferior to your second wow :star_struck: that’s amazing.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

7 Likes

It is absolutely amazing… Does anyone have popcorn?

8 Likes

Kinda like ordering a 10 oz Sirloin and the waiter saying that the 12 Oz is so much better for the same price.
And me saying NAH! I want the smaller crappy steak, not the better one.

14 Likes

Course ther is something to be said for older genetics.

4 Likes

The genetics arent older either way… The BX1 if anything are older. Also steak.

22 Likes

Cheese popcorn or Caramel? (plenty of us lurkers want the “Breeder indorsed version!” (Imagine telling Romulan what version of Roluman is the best Romulan?!, back to popcorn
)

8 Likes