(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

I run 4 of these 2 more then equal my old 1k hps never mind the heat. Just something to think about

5 Likes

Another thing to mention is the reduction in heat generated between lights.

3 Likes

Those are the ones I bought. There is a 20% off coupon code in the comments section and when on sale you can get one delivered for $290. I change my HPS bulbs after every harvest because in my experience there is a 20% decrease in yield after the first run and those cost $100 each. Each 560 watter is yielding 90% of what I got from a 1000w hps so the numbers speak for themselves.

4 Likes

Your math sounds about right. And you’re right, for a guy with your setup the initial outlay would be serious.

For a single small tent it’s a no brainer :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I don’t know about you but I’m super happy with mine for the price. Think I paid 320ish

3 Likes

Beyond happy. I veg at 25% power and my plants thrive. I haven’t experienced foxtails nor bleaching and can lower my light intensity to ~75% for the last two weeks with what are appearing to be even better results than with higher light levels. I have retired four thousand watters myself and don’t use the 8" duct fan that I needed with the HPS either. In California we have a dumb tiered power pricing that charges you more per KWH the more you use. My bills have dropped from a steady ~1200 a month to ~800 during my highest-brightness during flowering weeks, and a whole lot less during veg, so I save on average >400 a month right off the bat. I wish I paid 10c per kWH :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Your more dialed in then I. I cranked that thing to full got some fox tails and bleaching lol. But I have been smacked in the face with it’s power and now use the dimmer knob that I laughed at.

5 Likes

are foxtails a bad thing? They look so purty

5 Likes

I love a natural foxtail, but foxtails that occur due to too much light are nasty to smoke.

7 Likes

How come you say that my friend?

I only ask cause I’ve never heard that before. Overall does the foxtail effect the flavor or makes the smoke harsh?

3 Likes

yes very harsh indeed.

4 Likes

Unnatural foxtails which are caused by too high of light and heat levels can be ugly, harsh, and not as stoney in my experience. Natural foxtails caused from genetics are beautiful, taste fine and just as Stoney as the rest of the plant.

5 Likes

Some of the best smoke has foxtails but not all foxtails are great smoke :+1:

10 Likes

I bought my HLG Bspec during the scratch and dent sale and it was about 730.00 Canadian landed at my PO Box here in rural BC interior ( :canada: )
It was a killer deal and otherwise I was going to buy a spider farmer unit.
I have followed a lot of grow using the HLG products so i trusted I was getting a good light for the money.
My brother and nephew grow in tents and use spider farmer products and started out a brand new growers using those lights. Their harvests looked and smoked great so i have some feedback from them to go on as far as choosing my next LED lights for a 5 x 7.5 flowering/pheno hunting room/
Damn I forgot I was gonna come back to this thread with a pick of my romulan … i’ll do that

10 Likes

The Romulans are giants and the verdict is in! 7 Females and 5 Males!

64 Likes

How tall are they now?

5 Likes

Those are looking good.

3 Likes

Nice ratio! Looking great

3 Likes

There are 3 females and 1 male that are just over 4’… the rest are 6’+

26 Likes

Is the communion #2 clone in the mix ? I never hear any mention of it , just curious what became of it
: )

2 Likes