(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

LOL, no that was 11-15. Tell me he didn’t drop that one on purpose :rofl:

7 Likes

Thou shall not drink thy own pee… too often.

5 Likes

Go checkout @woodshed13 and @theseedcracker on ig . Pretty ingenous.

22 Likes

I have heard of people using a micrometer. They put the seed between the jaws and crank until it pops. The adjuster goes in such small increments you almost can’t go too far.

17 Likes

That’s pretty damn cool!

5 Likes

Anyone crack them between your teeth like you would a sunflower seed? Ive heard of this but not done it. Saliva may be beneficial to the growth as well!??:thinking:

5 Likes

I have heard of this too.

I use a pair of metal tweezers if I need to crack them.
I place them about mid way up and gently squeeze at one end till I hear it pop. Just gentle and even pressure. You will hear it.

2 Likes

Haha my mentor does that crap, freaks me out EVERYTIME ! Took a bean I couldn’t get to pop about 11 years back, put it in his teeth, popped it and pulled out the insides, put it in some magic juice and two days later I had a viable seedling. Was instantly a believer!

8 Likes

With old/tough to crack beans I take an x-acto or scalpel and cut the keel edge gently, then pull out the embryo and plant it

6 Likes

Do you happen to know what this magic juice was ??

I’ve been experimenting with different concentrates of Molasses and water. I’ve heard Vitamin B is also very good.
The molasses is supposed to help replace the enzymes lost in older seeds.

4 Likes

Hydrogen peroxide, humic acid and aloe water. Not sure the mixture though, I’ll ask him tomorrow when I see him if you’d like.

13 Likes

He has a sugar water mix in which he utilizes molasses and other things as well, I’ll get you some concrete info in the morning bro.

8 Likes

Okay cool. Sounds good. I appreciate it :grin:

4 Likes

My pleasure

4 Likes

Not much to update yet. A few roms are poking up, but slow growers, new seeds should be here shortly though and ill get them going as soon as they are!

31 Likes

Wow, so stoked for this. I was reading the start of the thread and instantly started wondering if we may be out of line since it’s still in production, and Jake just joined. That is so cool he gave his blessing. It always makes it better.

I’m also one of those who never smoked it yet! So, to get the right genetics and all of that cool history that Jake shared with us, makes this one special.

Best vibes bro. super stoked! peace (and, thanks Jake!)

8 Likes

This is my favorite scene in the move I’m always quoting it 15 TEN TEN Commandments

4 Likes

The UFO has landed!!! The Romulans have arrived!!

HUGE shout out to Jake @RomulanGenetics this couldn’t happen without him. So visit his site, find something you like and get on it!

Super excited, unfortunately I’m at work all night, so they will have to wait until the morning to be put to water! Stay Tuned people!!

60 Likes

Hubby made me this one…

Works perfectly! :green_heart::v:

38 Likes

Big ups to Jake. Very nice of you, man. I can’t wait for him to finish so I can grow it. Thanks for giving your blessing on the project, and the seeds! We try and only do preservation runs with a discontinued strain, or get the blessing of the breeder.

Best vibes on the start @Jinglepot! I’ll be watching the grow.(oh, I dug out my snowboard I told you about… Nitro 167 circa. 1996. I’ll get a pic soon). :v:

11 Likes