Congo trip with kidete

Same here! Seeds arrived! It’s too late for me to pop some this year but I’ll offer up 10 seeds to someone else that would make more seeds to spread around to the group.
Also…the Congo pollination was successful. I see enough seeds for everyone. However, Its touch and go when you pollinate a plant and leave it out for long days. Here its light from 5 AM til 9. I can’t say with certainty that it will not abort the seeds in favor of putting energy into revegging, but the plant was so far along into flower when i pollinated, I fear leaving it under 12 12 would be worse odds. Fingers crossed she keeps going. Seeds are 2 weeks old and growing steadily so far.

24 Likes

That’s great news. Still waiting on my package. I’ve actually never seen a plant abort seeds. Usually it will keep them even if they go into full veg. But I’m surprised every day by something new with our favorite plant!

7 Likes

I have. The seeds kind of semi form and then turn into leaves, leaving the center Hollow. You end up with a white shell that’s not even closed all the way, and what used to be the green husk protecting the seed turns into a short shoot eventually. It’s probably happened half a dozen or more times to me but I do this kind of stuff all the time.
The plants have always finished at least some seeds but this time I need it to finish most of them.

10 Likes

@Upstate I’m more than willing to pitch in as I have 20 Angola seeds. 10 in hand right now and 10 more on the way. Been saying I’ll send 10 to whoever wants to do a repro but haven’t found anyone yet

15 Likes

Yeah, its a bit far into the spring now for most peeps to finish them outdoors. Man, i really want to see how they look though. :weary:

9 Likes

I forgot about the Black Licorice terps with this Congo lady. Catpee and licorice mixed with rotten citrus. She’s smelly. I’m excited about the Licorice!

19 Likes

Received mine. Interesting packaging. loved the inspirational words.A&B, what to run first?

I want to thank @Upstate for giving up so much of his time and patience in dealing with us meatbags.
I want to thank @Kidete for all the legwork and miles traveled. Thank you. Will grow them with love.
And I want to thank @PineTarBastard for sharing the burden and his patience in dealing with this meatbag.

:dove:

:green_heart:

17 Likes

I received my beans today.
Thank you @Kidete for doing this, and thank you @Upstate for putting this together.
Very cool :sunglasses:

14 Likes

You’re welcome. I’m glad you received them

12 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad that you received the seeds.

A - Angola Sativa

B - Ethiopia Shashamane

Enjoy!

12 Likes

I’ll also donate some to anyone experienced who wants to repro.

15 Likes

Damn, I’m just now finding out about this thread. What a journey!

7 Likes

Congo seeds continuing to form well.

22 Likes

Look what just arrived. Thanks @Kidete

28 Likes

:heart_eyes: now I have stamp envy to go with my seed envy :wink:
I keep all my canceled stamps to go in my scrapbook. Those are gorgeous!

7 Likes

Oh man @RainToday you would of loved the manatee ones @Kidete used on my letter they were super cool!

5 Likes

Fantastic! :+1:

6 Likes

That’s exciting!

3 Likes

I got some of these really neat triangular stamps one time from Mike. Very unique.

9 Likes

@Kidete Seeds arrived my man. Thank you for doing this for us!

10 Likes