Congo trip with kidete

Thank you for this. That is very clear and i think what we all donated on the basis of. No ill will, we just want to understand each other.

I agree with your plan on the Masisi, dividing 130 seed between 30 people is not ideal for furthering this variety. Since @Upstate organized alot of this i would vote he gets the groups portion of Masisi(whatever that number is) to plan a reproduction with himself or a group member.

Thank you again for putting yourself out there to go on these adventures!

12 Likes

I agree with Hemlock, if @Upstate has the time and room available to do the repro would be awesome if not then have try a alternative

7 Likes

Personally, I think this is a great compromise and trust @Upstate to coordinate and find someone to do a repro. :grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. If Upstate can commit to doing or finding someone who can do a repro soon, that works for me, otherwise I’d prefer to have 4 seeds and work out collaboration(s) amongst ourselves.

6 Likes

I’m on the edge watching, and you have succeeded in the biggest way @Kidete

The largest Bonus for the Sponsors would be to have a repro done and then everybody Wins big

Congratulations are still in order. What an achievement

11 Likes

I would love to join in on that if that happens. I was unsure if we were getting the masisi and rutshuru. In my message you can probably tell i was confused but im just looking to get a bit of all 3 strains (rutshuru, masisi, and malawi gold). I already sent the money for the extra masisi so if we are to receive both the masisi and rutshuru already then throw my whole pack of extra masisi to reproductions for the forum

6 Likes

I would be fine sending the Masisi to @Upstate to do a preservation run, if he is on board to do so.
@Kidete, thanks again for a successful seed hunt.

13 Likes

@Upstate has agreed to reproduce the Masisi seeds. I will send him a pack next week as I start sending out mail to each donor.

22 Likes

I’m game to repro the Masisi and give seeds to the group. My outdoor season is on the lower end of the downhill slide, and I’ll be around more shortly. I’m stoked there were 2 strains found! Anyone running Rutshuru? I’d love to get a look at those, too.

27 Likes

Thanks for doing that!

8 Likes

Mike, please send my batch to @upstate

11 Likes