Congo trip with kidete

Congratulations to all and Thanks to donors.

I m pretty new to this and don’t understand a lot.So here s my question: Is this about a trip in a Place to collect some seeds by hand from the purest landraces and then make It avaiable here to everyone?

5 Likes

Yeah, that thread is about collecting money for kidete to have a trip to Congo and collect genetics there. But only people that helped with the money will get beans.

3 Likes

That Is quite right.I m Happy some good people can get their hands on real and pure landraces and preserve It/share It before the commercials pollute the lines

7 Likes

Kidete has a business selling landrace seed, so there will be seeds available for purchase when he gets back, assuming success. The people who helped with the trip basically pre-paid, and will have dibs if only limited seeds are collected of something.

12 Likes

That’s even cooler, brings back money in the area.

4 Likes

I may or may not have gotten a little excited about the Congo trip, and jumped the gun with some of Mike’s Congo seeds. A couple years ago he got a very small batch of Congo seeds (40 seeds)from a very good congo strain and I picked up a pack. A few days ago I dunked them for this summers outdoor. I see a bunch of tails popping out😁

23 Likes

He has good stuff now. I can’t vouche for everything he has as far as purity goes, but I can vouche for much of it. His South Congo looks good

The Tanzanians Kilamanjaro and Moshi look legit.
Kenyans are legit.
The Uganda I’m growing now is legit imo. Shashamane is legit, and imo both have an ancient genetic link to the Arabian or possibly the Kush genepool, whose presence makes for a unique growing experience with some very unique traits to be found… Gotta watch for hermies though. You’ll likely get some. Working on the best way to grow them now to help with stability.
He has 2 Malawi strains that are legit…

15 Likes

I hope you have a nice sunny window. Its 3 months to spring. :joy:

4 Likes

Lol. I think I know a spot😉

8 Likes

Yeah I’ve been watching their catalogue and there’s definitely really appealing things. Have I had money for that and need for seeds to soak I’d consider giving a try.

Hope the farmers there will get their share :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want to appreciate everyone who has sent their donation. This trip is becoming a reality because of your support.

As the date approaches for me to fly to Congo, I.m getting nervous and excited simultaneously :sweat_smile:

30 Likes

I wish you all the luck Mike :cowboy_hat_face:
I’m sure that you’ll be getting an unforgetable trip
But the most important thing is that DO NOT put your skin on risk,try to stay away of risky situations
Seeds are important but not that important

14 Likes

Pretty sure we’re all excited for you!

Stay safe and have fun :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hello everyone. A little update. Mike’s travel agent is booking the flight shortly. Should be taking off this upcoming week, unless its much cheaper waiting a little longer. I sent him this photo of the various tribes in 1890, each one today is likely holding some special landrace strains, with different variations among the villages.

Mike’s South Congo, looking legit. Had to pick off a couple mainstem male flowers early on, but she’s behaving well since then.

25 Likes

Wow!! Gonna be epic!! Safe travels, @Kidete!!!

7 Likes

Thank you for the update.

5 Likes

Last I heard he was shooting for the thirtieth Here in a couple days… But wouldn’t be surprised if it was a week later.

5 Likes

Is the trip for a couple of weeks?

3 Likes

10 days unless things change. The first couple days will be spent in Kinshasa collecting from local dealers. Then a few days North and a few days South. The local Rasta contact will help make the trip fruitful.

12 Likes

Quick update.

23 Likes