Conserving clones in stasis ⏳

Did the seeds start growing?

1 Like

Last yr, I even called the people responsible for issuing MMJ cards and asked for the current definitions of growing and related topics. They still had no idea and the info out there is a mixture of before and after the laws changed in 2017. The only reason for me to get a card is that I “supposedly” can grow 12 plants for my own use. Well, let’s see…grow 12 plants but can only have 2.5 ounces of flower in your possession! FK’ED UP
…That was before rec came in and things changed so that the dispensarys would have some “protection”.

LE has much bigger fish to fry now that the GLAMOUR of pot busts is gone. Since 2017, I have only heard of a couple of incidents in Northern Nevada and those were idiots blasting with butane and blowing shit up. Not a word about private grow busts these days

3 Likes

Just got back from a camping trip…have to check on these when lights on.

1 Like

So I am really going all in on this. I have a plant that is still finishing in the flower tent.

It. Won’t. Ripen.

Anyway, I have started flowering for sex in my small tent. All plants not sexing are in the fridge. I want to get some pollen from the boys and I am probably just going to fridge the females so I can just get the pollen bloomed and out of the way while I wait for this old gal to turn ripe so I can harvest.

All my sexing plants are in solo cups so I figure there is no reason to re-veg the males and let them get even bigger and the roots more pot-bound.

My only concern is the females put into flower, then chilled, then back in a veg cycle. I won’t be letting them flower long, basically just until they show sex. Spouse will be PISSED if I mess the second crop up…

Edit: Hope you had a great vacation!

2 Likes

Thanks for this I wanted to Keep one alive and well not have room in the tent for at least 2 months
Amazing

1 Like

Here we are after 30 days in the fridge and 30 days in soil under a 23 watt cfl 24/0 light cycle.

12 Likes

I have had some cuts in the refrigerator in a solo cup with a cm worth of water and a ziplock bag over the top but not sealed for 13 days with no real visible changes. I am going to stick them in the aero cloner in a couple weeks to see how it goes.

3 Likes

One of my plants was too big for a zip lock. I decided to put it in a plastic shopping bag we all have eight million of. Then I put another on top. Interestingly, there is no condensation and it seems to be responding really well. I’m wondering if the fully rooted plants in the soil won’t be better off loosely wrapped like this? It’s a little smashed down because of the top bag but looks just like when I put it in. The soil I let dry to moist, for mold reasons.

Edit: I removed everything that was brown or even yellowing, again for mold reasons.

7 Likes

As long as they look good coming out of the fridge, I bet you get a very high survival rate.

This is solid that you guys are both giving this a go…will be fun to see how yours turns out, as mine took to the whole process like a champ.

4 Likes

I see how easy it is to forget them lol! I have to check mine tonight after work!

2 Likes

I know, right!..lol. my gf bitched at me about it when she was filling the fridge with groceries and I was like, oh shit…better check in that thing…it was all knocked over and squished…lol…but still took it like a champ.

3 Likes

I have mine in the beer fridge in the garage haha! I do have two rooted clones chilling as well, just as a backup. My LA Confidential have shown six out of eight males. Hoping to God the two not showing yet are females. Totally bummed.

2 Likes

Ugh, brutal…what a downer. Females usually take longer to show (so I’ve heard)…fingers crossed for you!! I’ve never tried la con, but have only heard great things.

2 Likes

I’m hoping the females are slower to show. That’s what I have read too. Man, two of mine were showing balls after two days in 12/12. Still not sure if this is something that happens (bad luck) or if I did something wrong.

Edit: Even if I get one and clone it I would be happy

1 Like

Do you still have those males? That sounds like a trait that would be good to pass on to a future generation of seeds!

2 Likes

I do. I am going to be getting pollen from these at the very least!

2 Likes

Are you USA, CAN, other?

2 Likes

I PM’d you

1 Like

I take cuttings and wrap the base in wet paper towel then into a bagel bag and in the crisper. Sometimes I find them a month later and surprised at how good they still look. Lots of times they are there until I can see how the bud cycle turns out as to whether they get pulled out to go into the line up again or tossed. The post root thing is good for when the veg area is a jungle and needs to be thinned out.

6 Likes

I’ve rooted cuttings from the fridge like that. They lasted around six weeks before they got too limp to stick in rooters.

3 Likes