Conserving clones in stasis ⏳

Day 12
Still looking good. Keep in mind that the yellow at the tip was already present when I put it in the fridge.
Aired it out and gave the hydroton a small spritz of ph 6.0 water.

9 Likes

looks like a bit of growth there, or is that just from you fussing with it?

2 Likes

From me messing with it…in the very first pic, when I put it in the fridge, you can see one leaf about to come over the lip.

Edit:
@MadScientist are you okay with me posting this experiment here? I can totally make another thread or throw it in my fuster cluck…

3 Likes

Week 3…and the gf isn’t taking it easy… been jostled a bit…or a bunch lol…kept it bagged and moist

And itsno it bl…its afghani

8 Likes

thanks for keeping us updated, how long do you plan on keeping it in the fridge before you plant it?

2 Likes

Probably another week…a month seems like a decent amount of time. But I cant believe it hacked it this long…but I suppose that’s why florists keep their flowers in the fridge.

4 Likes

Day 30

The yellow tip has a touch of browning…

Time to put it in some soil, let it veg. for a week (5-7 days) and throw it in flow.

9 Likes

Hell yeah @Tappy beautiful specimen. I’ve always wondered if a clone could be rooted in the fridge, on some ‘set it and forget it’ type of vibe. Anyone ever tried it?

I guess that’s the next level of testing.

2 Likes

My clone/veg fridge has been neglected
…but progress is still being made.
30 days in the fridge…14 days in soil…stay strong

9 Likes

Thank you for doing this! It couldn’t have come at a better time. I will be force flowering some three week olds beginning next Monday to see who is boys and girls. I have a clone I really don’t want to lose. I was going to make a separate box and all that but this seems easier, just to put them on hold.

2 Likes

Eff yeah, man…fridge that bitch…my cutting had roots, but wasn’t the strongest by any means. It took 30 days like a champ…60 to 90 isn’t out of the question…just open the bag every now and then for fresh air and dont let it go stagnant. I only checked on mine once a week.

6 Likes

one has become an experiment in bonsai mother so she is pretty healthy. I do have two that are still rooting in a dome that I can just pop in. Rotisserie chicken box actually lol From what I am reading just keep it very lightly moistened and in the crisper? The two rooting ones are bag seed and it won’t break my heart if they don’t make it. My mother would bum me out, but at least I will give it a shot. I will keep reading down this thread to look for temps etc. Thanks again man!

1 Like

Pfft…crisper…ain’t nobody got time for that…lol…my gf roughed this thing up too…I’m talking Costco runs and shuffling around constantly…she probably saw it more than I did. Found it toppled multiple times.

3 Likes

LOL! So don’t overthink, just throw it in a zip lock and a mist or two or water, breathe at least once a week and check to make sure they aren’t overly dry, and should be good?

2 Likes

I don’t grow autos anymore, but I wonder if this would store young plants if needed…

1 Like

I tried this recently with about twenty cuttings of DB x JS, and they remained viable for almost two months, so I’m currently going to try again with ten cuttings from every strain I have running now, in the hopes that it will allow me to keep plenty of viable cuttings for the next run without having an insane rooted plant count.

I’m pretty stoked, tbh. If this works well enough, I’m going to do this forevermore :smile:

7 Likes

@Tappy Thanks for the update . I wouldnt beilve it if I didnt see it myself.

1 Like

Great question…would this pause the biological timer? I have a few auto seeds…hmmm…start 4…let them grow, take 2 and fridge 'em let the other 2 go for a month, bring the 2 fridge plants out and let 'em go…popping beans now!!

2 Likes

Less light, less feed, less everything but time…do it up!!!

Awesome!! Please keep us updated!