Conserving clones in stasis ⏳

I may have to try this too.

1 Like

Tissue culture was supposed to be the way of the future for like 20 years now haha. I remember breeder steve talking about it on original OG and saying nobody would ever buy seeds again because he could send out elite cuttings via TC. Shockingly it never happened which is so strange because stoners never make shit up!

2 Likes

Would basically need a steril environment, ever know a stoner to empty his roach tray till it’s overflowing??..:rofl:

1 Like

New member Growtogrow is working on grafting cuts of all his mothers to one base plant, imagine a Super Bitch ( besides my wife) carrying a different genetic string on each branch…,:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@beacher
You can buy home kits now that allow the home botanist to preform things that were recently only able to be done in labs. Its very much real and able to be done. People are doing it on this site.

https://growace.com/tissue-culture-microclone-kit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qqwz-ccv6IVBnOPwSD3FPLwvLCkkZlSLnS4v5AF2iZ-g7UvjC3UF2pxoCcr0QAvD_BwE

https://growace.com/tissue-culture-starter-kit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qqyF7hGyjOakE3cxr7p-rNTfDOqMSNziNvKlgclpAy5ce77dmLQVyAhoCIPAQAvD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/i/223592112490?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=223592112490&targetid=884108885999&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9003408&poi=&campaignid=9423618396&mkgroupid=95235844226&rlsatarget=pla-884108885999&abcId=1141016&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq7K5dalNMA0CFxby2hHPZv9n9EZwIlpe9O8EuIRL56Xn9RSfV1q15hoCPNQQAvD_BwE

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+tissue+culture&rlz=1C1HLDY_enUS731US732&sxsrf=ALeKk00Hu8MthTcFvTAAE-itvgr-7VV4Bg:1592138222558&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwificGJqYHqAhWjRzABHeQgBNAQ_AUoAnoECBAQBA&biw=984&bih=529&dpr=1.88

6 Likes

Ya I’m aware, we won’t see these commonly used or available any time soon though.

Also, people are trying to do it on this site but I’m not sure if we’ve seen any success yet. In fact I’ve never seen any evidence of anyone successfully or actively using these techniques with cannabis.

1 Like

No ive only read people say , Ive been trying to do tissue culure on the site . I dont think any one here has
With the ease of home use itll catch on , may take 10 more years but if its everything they say . Im personally happy with cloning the old way .
If I has a mother that lost her vigor this would be great way to clone her , restore vigor and health. The only other way I know of is make fem seeds and go through a thousand to find her again.
Looks interesting though.

4 Likes

So unrooted clones, yes, stem submerged and put in the fridge. But what about rooted clones in peat pucks or a small clone in a solo? Found this bag of parsnips in the back of the crisper…straight up growing in the dark, in the cold. I know cannabis certainly isn’t a root vegetable, but would it halt growth while still keeping the plant alive for future use?

5 Likes

I agree, I’d love to see this more commonly available so anyone can get any cutting whenever they want!

1 Like

@Tappy , reminds me of a scifi movie. Im sure it could be done if brought back to life , room temp properly. Very interesting.
Wife makes salad with cuttings lol…

@beacher Imagine not buying seeds , getting a petri dish instead. Makes me ant to buy a kit and give it a try.

2 Likes

Please do, you can send out a few of the 5000 killer mother’s you’ll have soon haha

And to keep in topic I’ve had great results with the same tek as others here. Cut clones, wrap stem in wet paper towel and put into inflated ziploc bag in the fridge…pull out and recut when it’s time to use them. I don’t think I’ve done this longer than a few weeks, I wonder how long they could keep like that?

5 Likes

I dont need tissue culture for that.
I only plan on keeping 5 or so . Ill defiantly be giving cuts away.

3 Likes

Clone fridge…

Rooted Afghani clone. Moistened peat puck with light nutrient solution, placed in solo cup, hydroton around puck for stability, placed into ziploc and put into the food fridge.

I’ll open it once or twice a week to check on it…see you in a month

Edit:
For reference, the top is below the lip but above the highest measuring line. The main grow tip already has a touch of yellowing.

Day 8…yup

10 Likes

@Tappy is all over this shit…I’ll just sit back and watch as I clean all the 25 year old liqueur out of my second spare fridge that the wife’s been bitching at me to give to the scrappers, win/win, don’t have to drag it out and it will piss her off.

6 Likes

try a freezer should keep them cooler

2 Likes

I think that would cause the cell walls to burst and make the cutting no longer viable (ie dead)… could be worth a shot though! Anyone have a flash freezer?

4 Likes

Chriogenic freezer mybe :wink:

3 Likes

LIQUID NITROGEN BATH!!! The only thing that works against mites!..sometimes.

3 Likes

I think something happens to cellular life when being warmed back up to fast. I know thats how it is with humans.

2 Likes

Day 8

5 Likes