Cooking with fan-leaves

It all began one morning while I was about to cook some eggs for breakfast for me and my girlfriend. I went out to the garden to pick some fresh greens, but nothing was mature enough to throw into the breakfast mix. So I went over to a pot plant I had going and snatched a few fan-leaves from it (this plant was fully vegging, not at all flowering).
I cooked up our breakfast, and we ate it. It was good, as always. I didn’t mention the fan-leaves to my GF… until about an hour and a half later when I asked her, “Are you stoned?” She replied, “Totally!” I asked her if she had smoked anything that morning and she hadn’t. I too was feeling very buzzed. I told her about the fan-leaves.
For most of the day we stayed comfortably buzzed.
A couple days later we tried it again - same effect.
A few days later we tried it again, and this time from a male plant - Same effect.
Every now and again I throw some leaves into what I’m cooking. It works every time.
Basically, only growers can do this as they have access to fresh leaves.
So, I was wondering if anyone had tried it - as well as suggesting that y’all might give it a try - and let us know what you find.
Peace, and happy cooking

13 Likes

I make tea with them, pouring more water into my cup throughout the day, sometimes for a couple of days, effect is very mild but tends to strengthen the effect of edibles / decarbed bud, but I’m gonna start cooking with them too now. :smile:

I also eat the smaller leaves like lettuce.

10 Likes

The magic is from the heating (decarbing, and perhaps this isn’t THC, probably some other cannabinoid). I’ve eaten leaves and buds like a horse (when I grew/trimmed for a commercial place). I’ve also done my share of juicing with canna leaves (goes great with carrots and a splash of ACV).
The heating is where the magic is, tho.
I’ll take 4 - 5 large fan-leaves and chop them up and add em into whatever veggies I’m cooking up.

7 Likes

I’m going to have to try this. Usually just throw the leaves in the worm bin. Never to cook with though. outstanding!

3 Likes

I have cooked with fan leaves…

4 Likes

I have made cookies an such out of them.
I have only used them after flowering though, never tried a vegging plant.

2 Likes

I like them battered and deep fried.

5 Likes

You got Scottish blood in you? :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, a little.

But I also enjoy southern American deep frying. I’m sure South American deep frying is good too :rofl:

5 Likes

I use edibles everyday. CBD and THC. Micro/ Macro I have fine tuned my “strain pharmacy” Once I figured this out, it made my day to day not only manageable but enjoyable and productive. I have and use 10-12 “specific” different strains on tap. If I use 3 different strains on Monday, I don’t use those strains again for 3 days. I maximize my benefit/effect with less dose and keep tolerance in check. Cannabis has been being used like this for more than 5000 years. lol and we just got around to using gummie molds.

4 Likes

You ever sampled the delight that is the deep fried Mars bar?..nah me neither :rofl:

5 Likes

I have but they were the little Halloween size. And deep fried Oreos and deep fried Twinkies. The Twinkies are the best I think.

4 Likes

Cannabutter is also excellent to cook up :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@Foreigner

What batter did you use for deep frying the fan leaves? You didn’t dry them first, did you? Just checking.

2 Likes

I’ll munch on them when I prune or defoliate

2 Likes

I am drinking some fan leaf infused green tea at the moment.

1 Like

Nope fresh.

I think it was a standard beer batter if I’m remembering correctly.

1 Like

I don’t know about cooking with fan leaves, but since my most recent breeding attempt has turned out intersex I have about 2,000 “bean sprouts” to add to my Asian dishes.

1 Like

Dear @Foreigner :

Look what I found! Makes me want to try it right away!!

3 Likes

im gonna try it as soon as i have a bunch of fan leaves on my next grow as current grow is a week into flower

1 Like