DIY Edible Raw

has anyone tried to eat the flower raw. In other words, if you grow your own and cure your own…then you have a smokeable bud that you can roll into a joint or put into a bong etcetera.
What if instead of smoking it, you just eat it as is without cooking it nor heating it in anyway…just straight raw bud? …taking that same exact amount of bud that you would have smoked. Can digesting that foliage and flower tissue and plant tissue make you sick somehow?

1 Like

Give it a shot and eat a bud then let us know if you get buzzed…

5 Likes

I never remember getting high but some had areally crazy peppery bite to it

1 Like

Without decarb there is little to no effect other than CBD

5 Likes

Benevolent for digestion and gut health, thus overall health.

Eating a lot will get things moving when constipated.

3 Likes

I’ve done it, but mostly with stuff I’ve had over a year and I’m not sure what happens over that amount of time but it certainly becomes active.

But be careful, some buds can cause a proper burning sensation in your mouth if not chewed and swallowed quickly. As for digestive issues, your body can handle plant matter just fine and it won’t cause any harm but it can make “going” much easier and your farts will likely smell like weed.

4 Likes

Get a dry herb vape, I have a crafty+, then eat the flower after it has been vaped at is it decarbed in the vaping process. I do this by sprinkling it on a spoonful of something decent tasting. Easy and effective.

9 Likes

Nice one @Cbizzle! Thanks!

talk about skunk :rofl:

Cbizzle, that Crafty+ looks pretty sweet. But i’ve never vaped. Can you tell me if the temperature of the smoke is the same as a joint or is it a lower termperature? I’m just trying to find a solution that makes me cough less. I think the temperature of the smoke from a joint is a bit too high. I know bongs provide a smoke at a lower temperature but the bongs filter out a some of the flavor. Does the Crafty+ deliver the full flavor of a joint? Thank you!

1 Like

It comes preset for a standard temp of ~365f or a boost temp of ~392f. If you connect to their app, then you can customize the standard and boost temps to whatever you like. I’m a long time doobie guy so its hard to replace that experience for sure. I’ll burn a doobie still from time to time, usually on the weekends.

1 Like

There is a post of a study done in Cannabis current events.

It shows there are some very interesting new sulpher compounds found in weed. Sulphur is very good for the body it’s prolific in cruciferous vegetables and boosts your immune system and and promotes glutathione production. Which is a powerful anti oxidant hormone.

So eating buds high in sulpher compounds will have a very healthy affect on your body.

2 Likes

I vape mostly, just use my pipe when I want to throw in some THC. My sister can not inhale from even a vaporizer, she was hit with SARS back in the day and has scaring and reduced lung capacity. I gave her a jar of bud to decarb and put into edibles. You also might want tinctures where you place a drop or two under your tongue. I have CBD in coconut oil and if I drop it under my tongue I can feel the effect within five minutes. Much faster than waiting for edibles to work.

2 Likes

I still have yet to try cannabis in a sublingual manner. I was always unsure the dosage to try compared to what I would ingest on an empty stomach.

I only had some stuff ordered online. Making your own you have to test on yourself as with edibles, go slow.

1 Like

Ill have to experiment with this CBD/THC MCT oil I guess. :+1:

1 Like

According to some experts, after cutting veggies such as cabbage, broccoli, cruciferous ones, and letting them sit for a while, more Sulforaphane is produced, known to be one of the best antioxidants to our bodies.

2 Likes

I made a single pancake with 1G of ground flower and it got 3 people FUCKED.
Albeit while the flower was raw in the batter, I did fry it in butter which may have activated the magic.

Gotta do that again; it was only 10cm across :rofl:

4 Likes