Fan leafs, fan leafs everywhere and not a thing to do, what should I do with my fan leafs (funny animal stories with fan leafs)

So I have a lot of dried fan leafs that I have saved up now from multiple grows.
What should I do with them? Is it worth doing anything with them?
I currently throw out my stems
Make sugar trim into edibles
Flower well we all know what happens there.

Thanks in advance everyone just want to be able to use all of the plant. Don’t want to be wasting anything.

Thanks Chronickyle
Happy Growing :rose: :fire:

6 Likes

Feed all the plant waste to some composting worms or just plain compost the material, use as a mulch/top-dress. aka “The Law of Return” :recycle:

“The Law of Return states that nutrients removed must be returned in the quantities taken away, in order to maintain a balanced ecological state and fertile soil.”

(from: http://www.ecologyandfarming.com/soil-law-return/)

Not to be confused with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return, “an Israeli law, passed on 5 July 1950, which gives Jews the right to come and live in Israel and to gain Israeli citizenship.” :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

I fried 2 small plants worth of leaves the other night for a nice snack!

5 Likes

24 Likes

Love the fried fan leaves. I have wanted to play around with cooking with leaves but haven’t done too much yet. Hoping to find a good tasting plant to make a leaf and hemp seed pesto from.

5 Likes

Yours looks better than mine but then the wife probably couldn’t have those at all with the coating in it

3 Likes

R those a beer batter coating by chance?

3 Likes

Wow nice. My old Italian aunt used to do that with zucchini flowers. I use weed leaves in my smoothies all the time, occasionally I’ll put some in a salad… I’m definitely gonna try frying them!

5 Likes

I have a pile of green and purple ones, going to cast them with resin and use them as knife scales lol

7 Likes

@George and @Tinytuttle it is way to late for you to be introducing the thought of fried Doobey snacks to my head

5 Likes

Fan leaves are C&C, good for cannagars & compost.

4 Likes

I just feed mine to my bunny herd… Only problem is all 8 come hopping when they hear ya unzip the tents! And a few days ago…when the babies got in thru the intake and ate my seedlings.

10 Likes

If I opened my room and there was a herd (lol) of cute bunnies eating my plants I’d probably just sit and watch them while going awwwww lol

5 Likes

One of the folks I helped to set up, started to raise rabbits once he saw how much they devoured them. I’d put a big bag into my chest freezer, once frozen they crumble down very quickly with just using my hands. Then I walk my yard and sprinkle them about like any dead composting leaf do.

NOT the sugar leaf, though.

1 Like

Alright based on the previous comments I guess I will compost the leafs as they are powder so I don’t think it will fry up too good lol, I have a few pounds so I figured itd be good to double check first i Don’t have rabbits but I do have chickens and cows maybe one of them will like a treat. I could sprinkle fan leafs over my cattles hay. Sometimes they go so excited over the smallest things.

This big bull gets hungry.

12 Likes

Incase anyone asks. He is in is the hay feeder and he put him self in there to have a comfy bed. He likes to rest his horns on the edge to sleep. His name is Flynn.

10 Likes

What kind of cow is that?

2 Likes

@Chronickyle Flynn is awesome

1 Like

My dogs will eat them if I give them to em, leaves, stems, occasionally if they beg just right a small bud or 2. But they absolutely love the stems and branches

4 Likes

Pure bred scottish highlander

9 Likes