Copycat genetics

she is chunky! gg4 in seed form? im guessing he worked that for awhile. is it like a “super backcross” or something? ive heard that gg s1 are all over the place

2 Likes

It’s Tony Green’s GG4 RIL-

1 Like

anybody who can get serious cash for small packs of seeds deserves a medal in my book. right time right place right branding etc - cant be mad at em.

im more of an anarchist/nihilist type when it comes to regulation and paperwork and stuff, so i aint mad at em for rippin and runnin. like kennel club breeding contracts freak me out.

never bought any of their stuff tho, seems like a fancy pack of high risk high reward yugioh holofoil cards.

How many weeks did you take her?

1 Like

I’m terrible about keeping records-

I grow organically, and just read the plants…

I took the plant from seed a little bit early.

But it’s clone, I’m gonna let go the distance-

(probably about 12 weeks)

*edit-

I found the post when the seedling was in transition…

I watched @Tonygreen grow show whilst he made these beans and he said 70 days was the spot for these if I’m not mistaken. Tagged him so he could maybe chime in.

She builds flower slower and bulks up hard later. If you chop at 8 you miss the final swell, new growers might think shes doing nothing at 4 5 then think shes done at 8. A lot happens 7-9 weeks imho. Most of us pull her 63-70 after final late swell.
^As he put it.^

6 Likes

Thanks @Indoornesian!

1 Like

That thread has a ton of knowledge sprinkled throughout it!

Could be a bit of the Sour bubble used for the out cross coming through. :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I’m very impressed with this single bean test-

Tony’s gear is legit…

2 Likes

I crossed a GG4 S1 I’ve been growing since 2018 with his RIL and got some nice plants. I have more pollen and RIL beans in the fridge.
Also have the S1 x RIL beans. :smiley:
GG4 S1 x GG4 RIL

23 Likes

Damn-

That’s sexy…

3 Likes

damn are those beans you made fem or regs ? thats a gorgeous nug

1 Like

They are regs.

2 Likes

@Tonygreen he has been working his GG line for many years - have some freebies from him - would not be afraid to run his gentics -seem he is limited on strain development without GG. Use to only have regs but now he has a few fems avaliable - Don’t get me wrong he is a soild breeder

1 Like

In that thread he details his extensive work and time spent on just that Strain. His gear seams pretty solid, I wouldn’t turn down any of it. I can’t wait to pop my GB from the group effort.

4 Likes

I’d rather grow worked regs any day, than an S1-

In my experience, the regs have better vigor…

3 Likes

Frosty as fuck!

1 Like

Someone sending me a Christmas gift of something from Copycat. I’ve seen a lot of drama about it, but isn’t he basically just hunting a keeper and reproducing it? I’ve never grown an S1, but the pheno they used as an example looks great. The price is dumb tho. I don’t get it…is it for a clone or seeds. He’s sending me seeds because he has some sort of membership with them. I dunno what this price is for tho

2 Likes

Its priced to attract people with more money than brains. Most of his gear is subpar and fraudulently obtained.

2 Likes