Corey's outdoor 2020/2021 seasons

That’s a great idea with the can and tin foil over the can. I’ll check that out and see what’s up with @DavesNotHere recipe. Thanks man. Back to reading I go! Gotta love it!

1 Like

So I got my Down to Earth Bio Live all natural fertilizer today and finished my 2 organic spots I’ll be growing in this year. I planted here last year organically so it’s somewhat built up. These spots will be ready for planting the latter part of April.
So its: blood meal
Bone meal
Compost/manure
Lime
Wood ash
Down to Earth natural fertilizer
Fine mulch
After planting there will be a layer of bark Compost and bark around the plants.
Knf techniques will be used throughout the year.
GG4 and Royal Goo will be planted there! Hope you all are preparing and ready to grow some kick ass shit!

13 Likes

That’s awesome brother

2 Likes

I just can’t wait lol

2 Likes

Which recipe are you referring? My amendment mix or the biochar?

2 Likes

Hey man thanks for stopping in. I was talking about your bio char recipe. I’m think about making a fire outside and doing it that way. I need alot. @Tinytuttle Amazon soil link sold me on it. What would be the best way to charge it if you don’t mind? Or is that even necessary?

3 Likes

I didn’t notice any negative effect when using directly uncharged with my plants though I have a pretty good microbe load in the pots to begin with using the EWC … EWC tea or a compost tea soak for a couple of days would do the trick IMO of course moderation is probably key here less is more here IIRCC biochar at 5% or less is what Iv come across for uses in mixes

Edit: oops question directed towards @DavesNotHere good to see ya buddy!

3 Likes

Hey bud. That’s what I’ll do. Thanks for the great advice once again!

4 Likes

Pretty much what Tuttle said. Just make sure you use airstones just like a tea or you’ll start to get some funky smells from it. Other than that I add some to my amendment mix to top dress with and use it to reamend used 5 gallon pots when I recycle it.

4 Likes

Sorry, man, I may have missed it, and I’m going to fill you with questions. ” How did you prepare the soil? Was there an upheaval? Which size? Is your climate humid? Now I can learn with you, your outdoor techniques … Congratulations on the work and we continue … Hug

[image]

2 Likes

I’ll do that. Thanks Dave!

Hey @Gugumelo I don’t know where to start. I live in a warm humid semi wet climate with cold winters. Average rainfall during the summer is between 30 and 40 inches. My experience for our frost free spring date is between April 20 and April 25. I have seen it frost as early as October and as late as November.
As far as the soil goes it’s basically clay brown timber soil. Probably 50 to 60 percent clay at about 8 to 10 inches deep before hitting hardpan. All in all its really pretty decent for cannabis. The fall of 2019 I added several hundred pounds or more of composted sheep manure, leaves and underbrush from the timber along with a ton of organic ammendments. And last year the summer of 2020 all I did was add tons more blood/bone meal, wood ash, and compost through out the season along with teas, and Korean Natural Farming practices.
So again basically I’m repeating it fine tuning methods iv used from the help of overgrows very knowledgeable experienced growers here, @Tinytuttle , @Badger, @gramps, @ReikoX, and, @Davesnothere just to name a few. I did not replace the native soil with anything. I’m building it up so to say. This type of soil takes more of everything from ferts to compost. It’s an on going process. There is always something to learn and improve on. From teas to new farming practices. Now I’m in the middle of bio char research and gonna have to make a shirt ton of it soon lol… I use whatever I can get my hands on from leaves to bark to saw dust… whatever I can do to build up a supersoil full of live living organisms to supply top notch organic fertilizer to my plants when they need it. I would just recommend reading from start to finish. I know I’m forgetting some things. If you have any more questions or want to elaborate on anything just ask!

4 Likes

The real biochar rabbit hole is when you start looking into the different materials used to make the char and the different minerals that stay present in the char after pyrolysis.

2 Likes

I think I understand what your saying. Can I not make bio char without a tool? How hot does it need to get, and what do you mean by minerals?

2 Likes

I apologize for posting again already but something I did not include on my previous post.
I’m doing a no till program and I’m using very large amounts of different kinds of compost and natural/organic ammendments. I’m talking since 2019 we would be 2 feet deep in shit…

6 Likes

In Central America .use this stuff Rapadura …pure mollases.

Loos like a big lump of hash lol.
Plant love it.

Happy growing, I enjoyed following your grow.

r

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

[image]

Rapadura sugar is a solid form of unrefined cane sugar typically produced and consumed in Latin American and Asian countries. Unlike other types of sugar, rapadura is not refined. Thus, it has a high molasses content, which gives it its characteristic caramel-like color.

8 Likes

I’ve used a lot of this too just melt it down, tapa dulce is what we call it. I also found a 100% unrefined black strap molasses supplier for $1 a gallon, nice to be in sugar cane country :call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes

Sounds like a recipe for success :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Hola Ian…there is a wee problem, here in Panama wi Rapadura…as you know there is a lot of SLANG in Central America …

Rapadura is slang in Chiriqui for the sweet thing all women have been between there legs. So you got to be careful how you ask for it in the stores LOL.

6 Likes

Definitely got to be careful there mate haha

5 Likes