Covid-19 check in

Jay speaking of Large I have been reading that person with a high body mass index Obease People are dying more than thin so called healthier ones.
Has anyone heard this too, I am a rather Large Man myself here and my doc says pre diabetic on top (no meds) slightly over 100 on blood test.
I also always run a high WBC white cell count above normal (no infections and bodt temps of 96-97 normal)
I wonder how High Risk I am ,
I was running a 99.9 fever 2 weeks ago and it is back to normal now , I worry because most docs see me with 99degs and say your fine, I have always run 96.8 normal Weird right
Heck I may have had it as well as my wife she had a cough for a few days after I was running fever

3 Likes

i mean the big thing i keep hearing is underlying health conditions im not sure about the obese vs average. but he big ones i hear are diabetic heart issues and lung issues and high blood pressure.

dont quote me on anything always do your own research

5 Likes

Best wishes. Good to hear itā€™s not getting worse for you, hope it gets better soon.
Disappointing to hear about the lack of testing, that seems to be one of the biggest issues with whatā€™s going on is the lack of test kits.

7 Likes

Yep.

Kick that fool out! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: Burn! :mage:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

There have been reports that it is one possible symptom. Perhaps contracted through the eyes (a mucus membrane).

Itā€™s usually obvious when you have it ( conjunctivitis/pink eye) as opposed to general irritation/allergy (looks like blood in the eye or very irritated).

4 Likes

Yeah the wife says they are red, but not like full on pink eye.

I think it depends on you blood pressure and and other things, itā€™s a general statement, as most people who are over weight suffer from these conditions, but you can be fit and over weight. It just puts more strain on your system.

4 Likes

This is how Iā€™ve been on my worst days, I hope you get better soon! It just started clearing up for me this morning it seems after ~10 days of what youā€™re describing. Iā€™m still staying down until its for sure gone. Sending positive thoughts your way, hope you recover soon!

10 Likes

Finished another.

16 Likes

Iā€™m ok. Family is ok. Been isolated from the rest of the world for some time now. Connecting with friends and family via net.

Eating fruit soups salads etc and some extra vitamins. Trying to keep my hands busy so my mind is too. Iā€™m in Europe and things are a bit crazy atmo.

Baking some bread or some special dish just to break the boredom.

Reading and keeping up-to-date with the stuff going on here in OG.

And some exercise.

If someone is interested, give this guy a chance
Available free on the app store. He has some pdf books on how to workout with no equipment, no gym.

He has an app on Google play
-> Weā€™re Working Out - Al Kavadlo

Stay safe

7 Likes

Well, we saw this coming in late Jan. and did all our ā€˜prepperā€™ work by mid Feb. ā€œWeā€ being myself and my ā€˜better halfā€™ (she is really the prepper) & my mother (90)).
We went into self isolation Mar 12 (when there were 10 cases in our town (early, but Iā€™m high risk, as well as mother).
We are doing OK, but we just got a call from our eldest son (30) he is ā€˜front lineā€™ in Windsor Ont. He is now sick and has been tested (48Hrs for results!).

From him - Windsor is a hot spot, medical people are being hit hard.
Why? - remember the stories of the Canadian nurses living in Windsor but working in Detroit? Guess what they brought home?
Why? They work in the US - no Employment Insurance, etc. so, they work even thoughā€¦
That seems obvious in hind sight but it never occurred to me.
He is his motherā€™s son, he has 2 weeks of supplies & meds and has analyzed his risks months ago. But boy - is he pissed at the folks that have contributed to this situation that knew better.

G

9 Likes

How are you feeling @RazAhTaz, just checking in.

5 Likes

Hope itā€™s just a flu and not the wuflu, anyway 30 years is not risky (like us :sweat_smile:), good luck with it and stay safe ā€¦ :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Feeling great today, first day in like 8 I think? I tested negative thankfully, now the husband and myself can get back on the grind!

12 Likes

Excellent, happy to hear that. :+1:

5 Likes

Just waiting for @ReikoX to post some more sweet artwork, should be about time.

7 Likes

Thanks George, I appreciate that.
My ā€˜better halfā€™ is like a pressure cooker that somebody is trying to hold down the relief valveā€¦ Itā€™s those ā€˜mommy hormonesā€™ battling logic. My son is patient, prepped, and knows his odds (really good- he is fit as f*k). In the long run, it is the anxiety that needs to be dealt with.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Okay!

17 Likes

Is that sparkle gel ink or what? My eyes are playing fuzzy tricks on me but I love it

4 Likes

Yeah they are metallic and glitter pens. :grin:

5 Likes

Canā€™t beat a bit of old school metal flake, you should put a couple of coats of clear over it make it pop.

Still going with the viral danger symbols lol.

5 Likes