Crafting Complex Cookies - What modern cookies crosses are worth growing?

Nice! First time seeing a Rhizo Rich/Growcast Seed Co strain mentioned on this site. I have a Tectonic Truffle in flower right now…pretty sure there’s Cookies somewhere in it. Also, just grow that shit out! You’ll figure it out over time and experience.

1 Like

I grew out a bunch of cookies descendants over the spring, trop cookies had great terps, kinda grapefruity at harvest but became closer and closer to the bright sweet tangerine/tangie terps after a cure, but an almost impractically small nug size.

Jealousy (Sunset Sherbet bx x Bacio Gelato) was my favorite from among the ones I grew, on the fast side, decently sized nugs, lovely creamy, tangy, sweet and fruity terps.

I had an indoor run I posted progress pics from here:

And an outdoor run I posted pics of here:

I have been very happy with the bud:

Re: cookies as a whole, I don’t care at allfor cookie fam or any of the big canna outfits, but the hate for anything associated with cookies (the strain) just feels like contrarianism to me. I’ve heard old heads swear up and down that they didn’t care for anything cookie but who were happy with gmo or cereal milk or whatever in practice. The whole “doesn’t get me high” schtick is just something people say to let people know they’re above GSC.

Cookies are just another tool in the chest, I wish it wasn’t in everything but I don’t resent that it’s in anything.

10 Likes

Nah it gets you high, a super bland high with nothing going on for about ~30minutes, and then you need to smoke more.

GMO is a bad example imo as it doesn’t hit like cookies, it hits and tastes like Chem D.

3 Likes

anyways, i’m out of here. please no one tag me in this. I don’t wanna be in here lol
i’m also sorry if my opinion offends anyone

4 Likes

GMO isn’t a straight chem, it’s got some cookie to it, a kind of buttery spiciness. I grew out some do-lato not that long ago and it basically smelled like gmo without the chem.

Just don’t buy this. Every cookie cross of which there are tons has this magical cannabinoid profile that happens to wear off quickly despite getting labs that are similar to other strains. This is just “too cool for cookies” stuff to me.

Which is fine, grow what you want to grow and smoke what you want to smoke, I just think that cannabiz and the hate people have for what’s popular keeps people from having a discussion about cookies separate from the people pushing everything cookie.

2 Likes

Mandarin Cookies is top notch. Forum Cut x (Herijuana x Cali Orange)

2 Likes

If you don’t find cookies effects bland and wear off quickly. Idk what to tell you. Lab reports don’t mean anything when it comes to effects and high and most are fake anyways.

Kush, haze, and other classics can last 2-4+hrs. Again, have had compressed brick last hours with interesting effects. I can’t say that about any cookies or cookies cross. After 30min or so I’m trying to smoke again because there’s just nothing there. Again, the best ones don’t actually hit like cookies… GMO, Wedding Cake, MAC all have large components of the outcross in there, barely any cookies doing anything… but their high’s still fall off after an hour or so. Triangle kush’s high doesn’t fall off like that. StarFighters high doesn’t fall off like that. Chem’s high doesn’t fall off like that. All 3 are more interesting than the cookies cross with them. Welcome to cookies.

6 Likes

If you think there’s some magical component of the cannabinoid profile for all cookie crosses, despite the variation in those cannabinoids, that causes them to wear off quickly, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

Not even true, this is just you making excuses for why you’re okay with some cookies crosses and not others. If you don’t like a cookies cross, it’s because of the cookies. If you do, it’s because it’s not really a cookie strain. This is just being contrarian for the sake of it, not any kind of good faith discussion. The idea that Mac is just starfighter ruined by cookies or wedding cake is just triangle kush ruined by cookies just tells me this isn’t an honest discussion about cookies, it’s performative hate against anything related to it.

4 Likes

I do, actually, think this. In my experience, it seems that some component of the cannabinoid profile in Cookies, more specifically Gelato, is breeding true through most outcrosses to cause the high to fall off pretty quickly for me. I know I’m not the only person that experiences this with cookies et al.

I never said I like them. I don’t own any cookies beans or related strains in my library. I don’t grow them currently. I said ‘The best cookies strains’, not that I liked them, but objectively stating the one’s that offer the most effects and length of high to at least a portion of people like myself that find the same effects from this Cookies line. I really don’t like any of them. Haven’t found a single one that I’d like to grow and continue having.

No, this is indeed my opinion based on the effects and lengths of the highs between the parents and the cookies cut cross. The cookies cross gained flavor, smell, and bag appeal in exchange for, imo, a worse high that doesn’t last as long.

I’m not trying to bash here, i’m objectively stating based on my experience. If this isn’t your opinion/experience, that’s cool. It’s likely something with my endocannabinoid system causing the issue. I know I’m not the only one. But to be honest, I didn’t even wanna be in here saying all this.

7 Likes

I’d be fine with just deleting all my posts if that’s cool?

Would rather not clutter up this thread with me, when I don’t even need to be here but got dragged in.

2 Likes

That’s called being subjective.

And I think that’s nonsense, at best you’re getting the placebo effect in a situation where you have low expectations for it because you know they’re gelato crosses. This is just more of the same performative experienced grower stuff, letting people know you’re too cool for cookies and really only into bucolic crosses of landraces, haze, kush, etc.

1 Like

I’ve grown haze, I’ve grown OG, I’ve grown chem, (I’ve got a motorbreath 15 and a ghost OG in the veg tent at the moment and a freeborn selections Hollywood pure kush x skycuddler double kush in the ground), I just have also known enough old-timers who hate everything new and enough hipsters who hate everything popular that I’ve heard this song and dance before from people just being contrarian.

1 Like

DOSIDOS for sure :ok_hand: it’s such a great strain, anything it’s crossed with almost always turns out great as well

4 Likes

Geez @HolyAngel is welcome to her opinion. I share it in that cookies generally don’t keep me high for as long as some other strains.

She was tagged, she gave her opinion, and then got insulted. Not a good look.

5 Likes

NO…was my fault…i tagged him as a joke. Didnt realize it would tune into this , my fault for dragging HIM into all this…me bad :see_no_evil: He is a known cookie hater, i was just messn with him…teach me to fool around…

9 Likes

Cannabis hits everyone different! I’m of the opinion that everyone is stating their truth. That’s why everyone has different favorites.
Forum Girl Scout and wedding cake.
If I had to choose one wedding cake

1 Like

Just stirring the pot huh :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah was jackn with him , stirring the pot. Should of known better, he loves to make his points .

Im growing the plant he lives for, so dsoon i will get to see “his perspective” , see if it aligns with mine .

3 Likes

The thread is about modern cookies crosses, I don’t think the whole “cookies and cookies crosses are bland and don’t get you high” adds much to the discussion.

And even if that’s the case, there’s a difference between saying “I don’t like cookies crosses because I don’t like the taste/effects” and saying that they’re objectively bland and the high is lacking. Stuff like this isn’t about personal experience, it’s passing judgment on people for what is the whole topic of this thread:

“It honestly saddens me to see the new generation of smokers that have grown up on legal weed do nothing but clamor for this stuff. The old heads are spinning in their graves.”

4 Likes

It’s all IG fault

3 Likes