Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

I’m totally stoked about it as well. I live way down in northern Mexico aka St. Texas. So I will definitely tea some indoors and outdoors they will truly be put to the test in The summer. But alot of strains do very well with our intense heat and high humidity. But I truly have never had to worry about mold issues. And I’ve grown some beast “Dads Blue Dream” via PJ Acres and some Soma grapes and Lavender Kush , and they were all thick and dense as hell but no mold. Knock on wood… LOL. WELL I, IMed you on FB.
ONE LOVE

6 Likes

Lol thought I was talking to
Craigson sorry.

3 Likes

I can relate my man. I’m in the Hill Country about 60 miles east of San Antonio. I had a terrible time last summer with the heat. Lost an entire run in late July.
We’re not too far from each other. I will have a window unit AC in the Shitkicker Shed this summer so I’m hopeful. Welcome Homes!
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Group shot plus some bodhi testers clones. Setting up the aero cloner and put the meizhi led back in w the cmh. Start veggin hard here now. Was hooing to clone before transplant to 1gals but well see

22 Likes

Topped em all and started transplanting but ran out of worm castings. Thats ok though cuz i kinda need to get another light lol
Some cuttings are pretty tiny but figured i might as well try to clone em now. Worst case if they dont root in 2wks i should have more to cut.
I donno if its just me or what but out of all the strains its the wide leafers that are the skunkiest.:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

23 Likes

So,
Was down the YouTube rabbit hole and Collin over @ ETHOS has noticed that skunk terp profiles happen way late in flower. A good skunk will look ready at 50 days but if taken to 75-80 days there is a terp profile change to the “skunk”
@toastyjakes turned me on to the video.
https://youtu.be/OsbOEA4t2-g

The whole thing is bomb but the skunk talk happens about 19 mins in.

Maybe a key to try and coax out the roadkill??

11 Likes

Thanks ill check it out

5 Likes

In the name of the hunt for skunk, do I dare open pollinate the entire lot?
Thats honestly probably my best bet to find crazy variation next round with possible hidden skunk traits coming out no?
Only thing is, I would want to plant like 200 progeny to do future hunting.
Hmmmm
Either way Im going to keep the best few females. I suppose i dont have to grow the seeds right away too or I can give a bunch awayfor ppl to test.

Whats everyone think?
Thanks

14 Likes

If you have the means to run 200, you have my blessings lol

8 Likes

Whelp, how many can you sustain? I mean I could pop 500 seeds though only sustain 12 in my current set ups…maybe 24. So my guide is to germinate double ie 3x3 = 16 little ones, 8 medium or 4 larger knowing it will be reduced by half in 1 grow space though there is bound to be mutants as well as, those that just fail shortly after germination AND much depends upon your criteria of what is successful vs wasted effort in the seedling/early veg stage. Of Course, the more you germinate, the better results and closer to your personal goal then mass clone the keeper(s) and go from there…sorry but it can be a mindfuck Soooooo…

What do you personally want? Imho, I think you are on the right track from your journal so far - Remember opinions are like assholes, everyone has one :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

FWIW, I began 34 with 9 sq ft :unamused: quickly Overgrew, commandeered add’l 8 sq ft from :shower: :bathtub:, culled 5, heavily topped 2-3 times, and am still going :fire: :see_no_evil: apeshit with frustration. So there’s that. What should carry no more than 6 plants… is compromising 25 of them. :grin:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

I gotta do some figurin here. Plants are growing fast, clones are rooting.
The ‘86RKS is outperforming everything else as far as growth and vigor go.

Not sure what im going to do moving forward here. Would love to collect pollen, keep males, and breed moving forward but space is limiting me here.

Oy might just be pheno select females for a keeper or two and discard all males.
Need to medicate and do soem thinkin hmmmm :face_with_monocle:

15 Likes

I always wondered if one of the keys to a stinky skunk is a smelly ass male. Hardly anyone flowers out their males so maybe that’s why we can’t find the true bottom of the dumpster smell???

10 Likes

Do you have space to keep a couple of the nicest males? You could collect the pollen and store it to paint onto whatever ladies you feel deserve it. I think you can store pollen for weeks or months in the fridge.

7 Likes

I think i can make it work using the aero cloner to keep males going.
One of my biggest obstructions is that i usually use my flower room to dry also.
How much is it going to affect my buds if i dry em while flowering new plants? Like theyll be exposed to light 12/12

6 Likes

Hola Craigson

Male can be prune and that
way you can control more
there flowering. I have a dedicated
closet just for my male with a 150 hps
I usually use 2-3 male at the same time
to keep genetic pool.

on my side I have only 2 old skunk 2012
one is going good the second one is all
weird looking but is alive.

and I agree terpen and odeurs are from
the male if you get a stinky male he will
pass it on to the next generation.

Bare

16 Likes

Hey bro. I would like to have some of that 86RKS pollen. I’ve never shipped any but I know people on here that have. Just a thought. Thanks bro! My next run begins in 2 weeks. All skunks, all day!
:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Ya im going to try to keep the males n flower them later. Ill keep in touch.

4 Likes

I also dry in my flower spot and continue to flower all at the same time. I use a dark sheet to just stop the direct light. works for me :confused:

7 Likes

Ya I’ve hung nugs at the top of my room w lights on a number of times. I didn’t really notice any major difference besides drying faster due to so much air movement.

5 Likes