Crazy looking seedling

I think it’s a oldtimer, but wait for more opinions … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I’m still saying male. Nothing I’ve seen there seems related to female at all!

2 Likes

I think its a female, I noticed a pistil in one of the pictures above the spot I circled…IDK,it s been very frustrating but its actually getting big …I did snag a clone thats finally rooted so I ll be putting all my different BB clones into flower to see whats what… Will keep the updates coming.

2 Likes

Those look like bracts to me, and the node above it clearly has bracts and sacks.

2 Likes

That boys a boy :love_you_gesture:t2: either way, thanks for keeping us entertained with this rascal.

2 Likes

Maybe Im missing it, but can you point to the pistil?

2 Likes

LMAO…NOOOOOOOO…
Actually I wouldn t mind getting pollen from it.

1 Like

Thinking of putting this thing into a bigger pot.

5 Likes

“Thing” is a good definition for “that” :rofl:, new shoes is a good idea … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

OK well I read quite a bit of this book about viroids. It says in particular the hop latent viroid doesn’t spread from seed. It spreads mechanically! Also, it does says the host determines if there is any spread from seed. And you make an in vitro clone of the meristem at 35C for 2 weeks and that kills the viroid. So a small cutting in a tube, right. Here’s the thing though, is you have to test before and after to make sure you are positive then negative. Bleach kills it. A good bleach dip at 5% hypochlorite and shit is dead.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks, the info I read was from a testing enterprise so guess they would like to scare the shit to us so we make a lot of tests or buy their expensive testing kits, anyway I suspect it is spreading fast and no one cares or does nothing about it … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I have seen where some use aspirin foliars and for rooting. I remember seeing somewhere that 30 mg/l of aspirin had shown some promise against the viroid. I worked it out to a 5 gallon bucket for 2 full size aspirin as being close.

I may soak any seeds in that kind of water in the future. I have not done it but have considered running two infected clones in a tent side by side and feed one aspirin. I need the space for smokable product though, My yield is just personal stash, and that plant chokes me.

3 Likes

Yeah its hilarious because so far its the only BB male I have going right now.

1 Like

The beast is putting out a huge growth shoot! Growing at an astronomical pace of 1mm per day!

6 Likes

Lmao, dude I love these updates
… I keep thinking of Tales from the crypt when I see it. lol Any indication of its sex yet??? I Actually cloned my crazy seedling then pulled it because its a male.

2 Likes

It’s reached maturity according to all metrics, but I’m having a really hard time seeing any indicators. I might dissect a node just to check.

2 Likes

Man this is truly a learn experience . This is exactly what I was hoping this thread would produce… Look forward to your findings.

1 Like

In the last 24 days, I think she’s packed on a good 2 cm! Woah!! I assigned a gender, even though it’s probably so deformed I could never tell. I wonder what a DNA test would say? XXY?

5 Likes

Holy shit, it’s still alive!?!
Clone it!
:crazy_face:

4 Likes

That wierd looking ball with the crown on it in the middle left favoring quadrant I almost want to say you have a dude its like trying to sex a Xenomorph

2 Likes