Creating new stinky strains

I have a Thai strain that had been crossed somewhere in it’s past. It has tons of Terps but only a medium mint and spice. And every Indica it’s been crossed with creates a unique strong smell. So far Taco Bell is the wildest and the NL cross I have growing now is hard to describe. This leads me to believe that the old school skunk is hiding in the somewhere. It just needs a pure Indica that has some stink.

2 Likes

i dont know of much pure indica but you made me remembered Legends Ultimate Inndica, LUI. that was some good weed too lol

2 Likes

ya, Taco Bell smells for me too, especially the morning after.

I ran a Big Detroit Energy cross to RKS this last year. i know it’s not really the RKS people are looking for, but it had a sharp mango to almost durian smell. Slight citrus in the background i guess from the BDE. it was very skunky after lighting it on fire…you could clear out room.

Other stinkers: Liberty Haze (lime skunk, very strong, my GF still talks about how bad it was), ice cream cake, colombian red crosses. I haven’t had all my diesel types come out stinky, some are muted, but if you had the right one… cheese was ok, but i still think the fruity skunk 1 shows up too much.

6 Likes

Lime Skunk? Sounds good.

That’s rad you found a durian vibe, I want to make a durian strain. What do you think gave it that smell? Onion/garlic indica and jackfruit (juicy fruit) sativa I think would get you close.

2 Likes

a mix of mango and garlic notes. citrus may have some contribution too, but I didn’t notice the citrus until it had cured a few months. i think it comes from the RKS side, but who knows. i need to pop a few more from the original pack of beans i got from Doug, but i did cross it to a Lemon Alien, but there aren’t too many seeds. I still have about 10g to smoke before i will know the final seed count.

2 Likes

Who was the breeder on that Liberty Haze?

it was barney’s farm…i know, i know, but i’ve liked the stuff i’ve run from them a lot. i grew out 3 of them. 1 was lime/skunk/babydiapr, 1 was lime sherbert/skunk and the last was more lime/chem/dirtysocks. the first flowered in 65 days, the other two were like 78 to 80 days. good yield.

2 Likes

Haha, no worries man I also think Barney’s stuff is pretty solid for what it is. I’ve grown 4 or 5 plants from them and all have been nice. Actually growing pineapple chunk now for the second time. I’ve seen liberty haze recommended other places too. Cool to hear there are some skunk notes to be found!

3 Likes

i hope it turns out well, i loved the pineapple chunk i’ve smoked. when i gave it to other people they always made some comment about how good it was…cuts through anything. amongst other ones, i’ve the pineapple express and moby dick from them going at the moment.

2 Likes

Good Genetics is a game changer