Creating True Breeding Strains By Vic High

That’s dope! @JoeCrowe

2 Likes

Well that is wild! So your girl has big hooters :grinning:;big trichomes on your girl? 184 that is a very large. Maybe there is something to the larger cap? Great story and the info is so relevant to how things can go sideways and then a big surprise. I looked forward to seeing what you have, Awesome! Maybe call her Double D.

3 Likes

Surface area dynamics perhaps? The varying trichome “forests” will likely give way to unique microbial populations on the differing surface structures. I wonder if greasy vs sandy trichromes influence these trichome biomes too. Appreciate the stimulating conversation being had by all! It’s enjoyably thought provoking. Much love

4 Likes

Found this, so your girl is almost twice this! Crazy!

4 Likes

You can see how deformed it looks, compared to that pdf photo!

4 Likes

Could this be the result of their size maxing out from an abundance of cannabinoid production and lending way to these collapsed type shapes? A sort of overinflation of the sphere to the point it is reshaped into something new? Much love

3 Likes

Dunno, I haven’t studied this plant yet, and that is a photo from veg. I’m curious what it looks like after a complete life cycle.

3 Likes

The head size should make a difference, but @JoeCrowe would know better than most. :wink:

2 Likes

You could probably do it mathematically by calculating the volume of a sphere.

2 Likes

according to wolfram you would get 30% additional volume if you had the same number of trichomes, but they were 180 microns instead of 120.
lol! I calculated a percentage. Really it was 3X10^6 and .9x10^6 so there should be 3x volume. my bad!

3 Likes

Hash breeders should breed for larger trichomes “Double D’s” @shag

4 Likes

Mathematically perhaps, the thing is, I haven’t seen that happen in real life. Yet. Definitely seen the more trichomes = more hash though.

1 Like

I never heard breed for larger trichomes. I heard breed for the dry, sandy feeling trichomes if you want hash. Breed for the greasy trichomes if you want smoke.

6 Likes

Gold! Thanks for that you might get me educated yet! @HolyAngel

1 Like

Greasy as sticky?
Ummm… never heard of that differentiation, but never is too late for learning something new.

2 Likes

Greasy as in grease or oil like feeling. Not dry. Not sticky like glue, but greasy. TK for instance has really greasy trichomes.

6 Likes

TK had a low trichome count and terrible hash yield.

2 Likes

Yep exactly. Yet she smokes fantastically and is uber potent.

2 Likes

lol! Personally… no, It’s in the trash. Bam! Didn’t make the cut against my uber strains. So many have fallen :smiley: to the hash plant thunder dome. Any plant that doesn’t achieve at least 2percent is instantly garbage. It’s a really high bar, some might even consider insane.

3 Likes

Yeah trash for hash definitely. One touch of her flowers and you should’ve already known she wouldn’t wash for anything. Don’t even need the microscope to know that lol

I’ve seen some nl5haze related things with really dry sandy trichomes that just fall off the flower. Certain SSDD’s can do the same. Tap a bud and just watch the trichomes fall off. Those are one’s I’d wash for yield. I’m sure you know better cultivars for that.

6 Likes