Creating True Breeding Strains By Vic High

Wow I just read this and you made my whole school life possibly make sense. I also have a hard time expressing in words the question or point I’m trying to get across. Always have been that way. Also I see did the math homework so a friend could copy mine and he would do any language homework. Didn’t even know about language autism. I am going to look into this further. Thank you just reading this made sense in my head and I felt a release of anxiety.:thinking::+1:

3 Likes

Yea didn’t want to accept it for made me seem defective and didn’t want to admit it. I would not have gotten through engineering without his help. I just thought I was not working hard enough and everyone was saying you are lazy and didn’t apply myself.

Married my wife and moved close to her parents and my wife’s mother was is a doctor in psychology and had my wife observe me and how I would get angry and frustrated because I couldn’t express myself and I knew what she was asking but kept forgetting to tell her till it was too late. I am a big guy and can be scary but not violent just real frustrated.

My mother in law had to explain what was going on and thought I would feel bad but I was super relieved I didn’t have to pretend anymore. I still write and relate like a third grader sometimes but I am what I am.

Yea there are a lot of us that are a bit off center just hope we start accepting the fact that we all differentiate and segregate in our own ways. I hope you find some people that can give you techniques to help but most important you don’t have to be set up for failure @420noob. I can imagine you get real tired just writing this much. I don’t think it gives me right to be lazy but I will never be no Shakespeare hehe.

8 Likes

I had a real hard time with math in highschool but I excelled in english and english literature studies. After highschool I took college courses to upgrade my math to meet the prerequistites for biology and botany courses… I didn’t do so well and just couldn’t get the math.

Then I started dealing hash for several years and math began to make sense… those fractions …1/8th, quarters, ounces, pounds, kilos… and points of grams… math all began to make sense. Then I started working in a steel shop and working with a tape measure all day every day and even more math made sense.
I did take an introductory to botany and greenhouse crop management as a prerequisite for a greenhouse job that friend’s parents had started, By the time I finished my courses they had gotten divorced and were selling the property.
Been growing my weed and breeding cannabis for years but I always just go by my senses and lack the education to even take a seat in the room when guys like Tom Hill start to get deep… wish it could all be discussed in layman’s terms so it isn;t such an exclusive club of cannabis intellectuals holding conversations that are over most peoples heads.

Trying to keep up though.

5 Likes

Ut est rerum omnium magister usus

@SHSC-1

4 Likes

The math doesn’t make the breeder, the selection does and being intuitive, observative and a understanding of how cannabis plants work. Is what drives good selections. So it’s not like you are missing out on something, you already got IT! :heart:

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

I’ve always found it’s best not to follow the advice you get off growing forums. You use technique explained and not general advice, it’s usually wrong…further it’s best to learn on your own…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Maybe your 1st step in selection is the right breeder? Find someone willing to tell you his/her experience with breeding and how much work they go to make sure they deliver the best product to you. A great breeder will put their principles above personalities for the pursuit of truth.

Here is a question that nobody bothered to ask and just a simple one. Does cross over mean that every seed is going to be a winner? Think about this and guys like @LonelyOC or @Kabuddha don’t answer right away for I know you guys know this, let the others chime in and see if what Tom has been saying is sinking in please.

Your first selection is always your breeder!! Know a good one from just a peddler telling you what you want to hear. If he/she is giving you a dose of shit about being lame or a wheel spin step back and look at the big picture.

When going on a treasure hunt enjoy the process of every place you go for the trip is the all the places you go and the people you meet. @shag :v:

6 Likes

I credit the drug market for teaching me the metric system.

5 Likes

I was actually pretty good at math until the alphabet started getting involved.

2 Likes

I like this ^^^^^
The cannabis seed has enabled me to meet an awful lot of really good people and that is reward in itself.

4 Likes

Yeah, this was what being a caretaker was for me. Actual help people, some who wanted to pay and others who was living on social security checks which I gave pro bono ofc. No matter background, they all where the most thankful and fantastic people. Always talking to them, taking notes, trying different strains, making specific crosses for a specific person’s problems. Doing that little extra for someone. Cannabis is a fantastic plant that have been bringing people together for thousands of years and will continue to do so. A medicine made from evolution and symbiosis.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

Cannabis plants don’t even have xx or xy or yy…that is just a theoretical expression describing presumed gene frequencies in a filial generation. Plants have a specific MARKER that determines sex…

Sorry not sorry :neutral_face: :wink:

2 Likes

For a visual on the maths check out Nicholays Genetics Lessons on YouTube. He’s been making videos on genetics for years and so covers a lot of terrain.

Also most universities post their classes on the web. :v:

Nicholay’s

6 Likes

@DannysBong
I’m not a fortune teller, but your future here at OG will be short af!
A little food for thought, turn it down a few notches. OG ain’t that kind of joint.
There’s quite a few reputable breeders that visit this site frequently. And your post is distasteful and offensive.

7 Likes

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLRBub-s7dH7s4iV6AvGvy2ZkkXg5Jst0 I think this might be appropriate by some of the people on this thread if they haven’t seen it. Outcross plants like cannabis start around lecture 9 or 10 but watching it all wouldn’t hurt at all.

2 Likes

It’s a Cornell university Genetic improvement of crop plants full course

2 Likes

This brings up a neat point…I heard a rumor from the “rumor mill”, that @TomHill was moonlighting as the head breeder for a high profile group of people…is there any truth to this? Or is it old news?

Man…I Wanna go on tour again…those were some fun times…me and Mouse used to tear it up :wink::thinking:.

Midi max…

Mouse isn’t around ATM…he’s on hiatus for another couple years…

Can’t wait to see what he has cooked up on the equalizer!!! @AzSeaindooin420 :wink::wink:

1 Like

Nice read, thanks to all for the ride. I disagree with so many things, but i really enjoy to read about it.

I will just share some casual comments, can’t resist.

(producing flowers)

I’m firmly convinced that the “female” flowers of a reversed male A don’t represent his genetic potential in front of the female B, and also its half contribution to the offspring AB on flower’s shape/scents/taste/whatever.

I’ve not pushed far and long after the batch of the first great deceptions, but I never had a specimen able to produce decent seeds to verify if it’s the case with the offspring of a selfed male (strictly on himself i mean). I think it can finally work with constant results in this strict context, but it’s pure allegation.

And i agree to say that it’s a proof of homozygosity of this trait. And a powerfull tool for that (on any traits explored). But i’m also against the idea to push the idea that homozygosity mean dominance, inbred or outcrossed.

Also to present that as the twos only use possible. I’ve discovered also with my exploration of the “male’s weed” that it’s also a powerfull tool to reduce drastically herms in successive offspring. And STS too. With a more empiric approach, you win a decrease of 5%-10% max each generation. With these tools, the performances are insane when you’re accumulating them.

Which lead to my last reaction on it, it’s more fair to say to people that they will not be able to reverse any male in any line. They will need a fair panel of males to find the ones reacting well to the ephedron.

It’s less true for females on STS, but it’s a reality too. There is a lot of elite cuts around with insane natural rates of ethylene to show that it can’t be considered as a bulletproof method, then in a way structured with absolute stats.

I’ve problem with this semantic of codominant ^^ But let’s say i’m a caveman and i call it “mendelian hybrid”. There is a fck ton of ways to do it, and i’ve quoted one previously for herms. Hard to find a better example of real co-dominance imho.

It’s not binary, if you go with the goal in mind to “suppress” something from the genotype off course your human lifespan is problematic.

But you’re able to suppress the expression with enough background on the line, just in cutting the roots that is feeding these particular specimens. With artificial epigenetic factor, by selection, both … i don’t really understand why you’re finding that crazy. They are already latent genetic stock for the genotype, waiting the right triggers to become the next dominant. You have to just push in a way or another.

In a perfect world. But these bitchy plants don’t want to believe it.

Without even talking about the environmental factors, the amount of factors straight from the plants themselves is pretty impressive.

On the females side, even if your line is rightly stabilized and look like clones, they will not all produce the same seeds quality. The same calyx caliber. And more on the subject, the same shape of bracts.

Males are just the brothers of that. They grow the same until you flower it and stimulate the hormons.
So they have the same variability. Only the grain alone and its intrinsequal quality from a specimen to one another is containing enough factors to fck up any absolute dream.

You will find in the same line males that are producing pollen effiscient for dry conditions, other for more humid context, others that pollinate everything no matter what and other that can barely pollinate en entire female. Then you have the shape of the grain in top of that, and more vicious : the compatibility rate between a specific grain and a specific female flower. I’ve known the case of a very difficult F1 to produce, just because the pollen of the male was absolutely shitty for the female used.

On top of that we can talk about this phenomenom, “double ovary” :

To rightly distribute the pollen (the math way), there is only one way : manually put each grain on each bract at equal part. I say nothing when i see “open pollen” in tents with argument of preservation etc … because i don’t want to be the grumpy douchebag at the party. I love to see these kind of project popping all around. Really.

But for an optimal open pollination really preserving a given genotype, with the difficult context the majority of us have, it’s applying manually the pollen (with brush, not grain per grain off course) in horizontal layers on females. You will not have strict numbers, but you’re far more close to something really usefull for the purpose.

In practice it’s isolating the harvest of each male and to use their pollen with the right proportions on each female in layers. Nut’s job, but why not.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes i’m organizing a “who’s daddy” in wrapping/twisting the males around the female. I’m not dogmatic.

Without a strong personality and a hint of madness, it’s hard to last in this game. I’ve met some, and i think that it’s important to don’t mix everything. Personally i’m able to hate the person, and to love the work like a fanboy.

3 Likes

The question

My answer

What you got from it

:man_shrugging:

1 Like