Credible bag seed

@anon98660487. That was a good trade!

Hey @Enjoil good trade bro! How’s your grow doing with the seeds we traded?

Good bro you? I got 100% germ with yours! Sorry mine are old, lol, but that’s a good thing! I have one that went blue outta there!

4 Likes

I haven’t started any yet. Good job everything looks good!

1 Like

I’m about to up pot them and put them under some real light!

2 Likes

Sweet! Keep me informed. I just collected a bunch of pollen sacks. Directions said to dry them out in a bowl and then into a baggie for collection. This is my first time trying to harvest pollen

1 Like

Pollen from what? I got someone sending me some original haze pollen! It’s special I guess. I have never intentionally pollinated anything yet so it should be fun. You know when the best time to do it is?

1 Like

I have a small jar of bag seeds that I have saved over the years. Some of them are prob close to 10 or so years old… not properly stored, just in a jar in the basement. I can pull some from various depths of it to check germ rates if you’d like them. It’s about a 3-5oz jar.
This sounds like your doing a project that I’ve been thinking about. Are you mixing a bunch of outdoor grown stuff from everywhere and letting them grow feral/open pollinate in a isolated location?

1 Like

Yes sir that’s just about right. Trying for something I can select that will grow with ease to my climate and soil. Then give away to friends and to some overgrowers. It might take years but it’s something I always wanted to do.

1 Like

I know very little about it. I’m in for the long haul on this breeding stuff. It’s a California Cannon pollen, but use what u got coming cuz I have no idea what I might wind up with if anything at all. If I do I’ll send you some but don’t count on it lol. I’m new to breeding

The discussion of landrace lines had me thinking you can kind of make your own Landrace population that is adapted to the region. But it would need to be far away from cultivated strains. If your in an area that had hemp grown for WW2, wild/feral hemp from your area can add most of all the resilience your looking for, but of course you’re going to have to deal with lower thc for a bit.

Id hit it at 2nd-4th week depending on how long it flowers. You can always pollinate more then once if needed but if you have fertile pollen it should stick.

So we all should throw some fire beans in the hemp fields! And then the hemp will be better! Lol

2 Likes

Just bring your nice males outside for some fresh air :rofl::rofl:

I also realize it wouldn’t be a true landrace until at least a decade or two of inbreeding through natural selection and open pollination. We prob need a group of ditch weed hunters. Out west there are hemp cultivators who are going out sampling and crossing with feral plants to help their fields be more adapted to local conditions. But that is in areas where they grew hemp for the war effort, then the plants went feral and spread naturally. Plants that have not been aided in the growth and have reseeded themselves for 60 years. Other places prob will likely have people’s grows that got abandoned, bag seeds tossed out of cars or during hiking/camping trips. Who knows what’s out in our “back yards” to be discovered and tested.
Hell, a few years ago, I loaded some 12ga shot shells with seeds and blasted them up towards a hill :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Your lying bro, shotgun shells full of seeds. Wasted cuz you freaking blew them up. I wonder what your garden looks like.

1 Like

He really thinks it’s funny. People ruining shit cuz they are dumb. Or just don’t have any respect. I wanna smack some people! Lol

Yea most likely. I never went back to see if any sprouted or if I just fed the birds lol. Though There actually are shot shells that are sold that are packed with seeds like wildflowers.

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/shotgun-shell-flower-seeds/

That was years ago and I wasn’t growing at the time, just had a mason jar of random bag seeds. If you feel so strongly about saving seeds, you’ll hate to hear that I use to save them just for my birds to eat.

As for my garden, just a berry and pepper patch lol

3 Likes

1 Like

I might have access to something like that. There’s supposed to be a strip of hemp growing along the RR tracks a couple counties over. Been growing there for decades. It does nothing but give u a headach. Don’t know if I wanna go that route yet, but it’s definitely something to consider. How would you build the weed back up if you introduced hemp?

Make a cross with something that is a pretty good smoke. Then grow out the first gen, watch them for The vigor and resilience your looking for test some smoke, then plant strongest smoking ones with the rest of your plants that haven’t been “diluted”. Though, a male would clearly be able to spread its influence to more of a population.

1 Like