Crickets and Cicadas Seeds

Interesting the difference in phenos, definitely curious to see how that one finishes up.

2 Likes

Arrived today.
Thank You @NWSun ! ! !

11 Likes

I was curious because I know a lot of landrace genetics herm if they don’t veg long enough, but that seems like plenty of time. I’m running some now and 3 of them still haven’t showed sex but started to push out what looked like male flowers but it’s just a small cluster of leaves. going to keep a closeeye on those ones

1 Like

I saw a podcast Bob said v1 is the original sensi star from cali - more garlic profile and the v2 is from an ohio cut - more metallic… I think the v2 is from same place he got the shoreline and skunk

8 Likes

Nice! Thank you for that info @moefugger

2 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 beat me to it, but just want to say thanks!

1 Like

When Nevil made the Original Hashplant, in the 80s, that the Puck came from, he said these were not very good for cash cropping, because of low yield, and was best suited for personal use, people willing to pay more for the weed, because theres nor a lot of it, and it is good for Hybridizing. He said his Hashplant, was the most potent weed, he ever smoked. Hashplant also tend to be leafy, with major amounts of resin. He created his G13 x Hashplant, for a plant with better production, but IMHO, is not as good as the Original Hashplant. But, it is really good stuff though, and as Im sure you know, has been used extensively for breeding.

Your buds look really good. How did it smoke/taste???

What Nevil said about his Hashplant. At the bottom.

12 Likes

80$ from 1987 today is worth 216$ :astonished: for ten seeds! Minimum wage was 3.35 $ an hour. That’s about 24 hours of work back then for 80$ now a days its 30 hours of work for $216 at minimum wage. With $216 depending where you buy you can get tons of seed or just a pack or two

4 Likes

When I first ordered seeds from Nevil, when he first started selling them. I got the Mazar. You would send the money to Holland. And when I got the seeds??

The letter, had a Santa Barbara, Ca- Post Mark. So the seeds were already in the USA. The strain got lost in time, but we did find a really good plant, but didnt keep it around, as situations wouldnt allow it. We ordered all kinds of stuff from both Seed Bank, Super Sativa Seed Club, and Sensi Seeds, Serious Seeds, Flying Dutchman, and a few others. Mainly early on Nevil, and SSSC, then Sensi, and Serious were my main go 2s.

When Serious Seeds came out with AK47, it cost $225USD, from Canada. 15 seeds.

10 Likes

How were y’all finding those catalogs?
Before Marc Emory started reselling seeds growers would fly to Amsterdam to buy seeds.
High Times didn’t have advertisements for seeds until around 2003 after Cannabis Culture started selling them and it was Canadian seeds banks then U.K. seed banks.
None of the Dutch seed banks would ship to the U.S. except for Nirvana who shipped from a Swiss return address.
You didn’t want packages from Amsterdam so the U.K. banks got popular.

4 Likes

Marc Emory charged twice the retail price on everything because he was the only source before Attitude and Gypsy opened.
He was charging $300 for Sensi Seeds, Paradise.

4 Likes

High Times had a very small add for Nevils Seed Bank, SSSC, in the Classified, around 1984. Not the 2000s. I was in federal prison then. Long past when I got seeds from Nevil Nevil quit in 1990, sold to Sensi/Ben Donkers, before starting up again, years later.
Marc Emory sold F2 knockoffs, and sold them as the originals, and got excoriated for it. Hes hated in the weed community, in Canada. I bought seeds from him too. Sk1. It was weak.

Also, the Serious Seeds from Canada, that was $225USD, was still in original breeders packs, but I cant remember who was selling it. Not Marc Emory. I remember looking at it, and thinking, man $225.It was by far the most expensive stuff Id seen. BUT, you could get it from Europe, for $125USD. Which was still a lot. You could go on the internet, in the late 90s, and many seed banks, already had websites. Sensi, and Greenhouse, had websites. I remember all the old strains/photos they had. Some theyre still using.

7 Likes

Panama Red f4 2:1 cbd 18 days from flip. I let the plant grow until first day of flower where i did some high stress training to the main stem. The plant seemed to transition into flower very quickly, easily doubling in size maybe more and all the limbs seemed to have grown to the same exact heights.for me it usually seems like a plant either puts energy into the buds or streching after flipping this one seems to do both at a pretty even rate. Never grown any cbd crosses so oretty excited for this one. :v:

24 Likes

Masterkush
What is the origin of these? Hindu kush ? Anyone have experience with Crickets & Cicada?

8 Likes

Its the clone only SoCal Master Kush hes had since 2006. Hes been working to bring it into seed form for 6 years. I do believe origins are hindu if im not mistaken. Check out his instagram, he gives some details and photos.

8 Likes

So stoked for these!

6 Likes

Holy shit. This is a dream come true! Been looking for MK beans for a hot minute

6 Likes

Its not the socal master cut although he did cross his master backcross to the socal, Its a master kush cut hes had for a long time now, I’m pretty sure its from old sensi stock, the socal master is a bubba esque plant not sure if it really has anything to do with the master kush that came out of dutch stock.

4 Likes

A couple of more tidbits from his IG.

26 Likes

Anyone get around to the og kush drop of his by chance? I’m having a weirdly hard time getting these to germinate. I never have issues germing seeds which is odd.

7 Likes