Crickets and Cicadas Seeds

Just germinated 4 seeds of Crickets and Cicada’s OG Kush x Puck bc1, Excited to see what happens.

I’ve been trying to reach out to C&C about advice they may have on feeding, training, quirks when growing, flowering time, phenos etc. based on the breeding work. I haven’t had luck contacting them via IG (might not don’t think they respond to DMs from strangers even if you follow them) or through their newish website (says invalid submission form).

Has anyone grown this out or knows someone that has who’s could provide growing advice based on their experience? Otherwise I’m just going to treat it like growing OG Kush in terms of feeding, training, flowering time (approx. 63 days), etc.

17 Likes

No but this is a pack I have been wanting to run , so please keep us posted as you grow her!

5 Likes

Will do @anon74731205. Not much to see now (I know people care most about the flowering photos!) but here they are. #1 and #2 were planted 5 days ago and #3 4 days ago.

As you can see even at this stage there are noticeable qualities. I don’t think semi-leggy #1 and full-on leggy #2 are the result of lights too far away as I’m growing 3 other strains all under the same lights and none of them have showed this. Seems like the stretching has hopefully stopped. The #3 is not as fully developed but looking more compact (?). Made me wonder #1 and #2 may end up leaning more towards OG Kush given the legginess and #3 leaning toward the Puck in its compactness. But too early to determine at all

I’m still on a quest to find out more about the OG Kush used in this cross. I haven’t found out more since my brief exchange with @NorthNorthNugs above on the subject. Given Bob Hemphill’s reputation I’m sure it’s fire and legit whatever its background as we’ve said. At this point though growing it out may be my only reference point…

8 Likes

it’s probably Josh D’s OG Kush cut (not his hybrid), which is what a lot of those West Coast guys have coalesced on as being the original “OG Kush”.

Some other people have debated the others (SFV, Tahoe) as being the original also, but the jury is still out.

5 Likes

I like structure in Veg too! :joy:

2 Likes

The sfv is a s1 from the ghost cut , the Tahoe has a backstory also , people are debating on whether the ghost and joshd are the same , most think they are.
I currently keep and grow the 92og and ghost which are 100% different but I have not been handed a verified joshd so can’t say for sure which is which or which is more like the other.

6 Likes

If you look threw his older posts in regards to the various og kush plants he does say which one he refers to as og kush. Im pretty sure he used the one I refer to I as 92 , if so I wouldn’t use compactness to determine which way it leans, also expect some stinky nugs :grin:

4 Likes

How was the smoke?

2 Likes

1. Pnw Hp x puck bc1
  2. Pnw Hp x puck bc1
  3. Puck x Chem 91 bx3
  4. Good medicine
  5. Cherry ak x Sour bluetooth
  6. Puck x chem 91 bx3
  7. Pnw Hp x puck bc1
  8. 4 Jack herrer and 1 loopas headband x 88g13hp
22 Likes

Hope you’re making f2s of the pnwhp x puck bc1, that’s technically like a pnwhp bx3 or something. Or send me pollen please lol :pray:

15 Likes

Great info. I have a cut of Tahoe that I’ve been running for 10+ years now. It is the best plant I have. I always wondered how it compares to the other OG Kushes out there. The one I have will grow leg sizes colas, has excellent early and late frost tolerance, and has this interesting minty/gassy/funk flavor on rock hard, dense nugs. I have smoked too much before and it will plaster me to a chair.

I would love to compare some day.

9 Likes

Did i hear someone say there’s two sfv og cuts? Anyone had sfv and triangle kush? Is the sfv legit half as potent as TK? Because thats been my experience with the sfv I’ve been able to find. Mids. Wonder if I got the fake cut or not. Description was on point otherwise but just not impressed at all.

4 Likes

It’s hard to find trusted authentic cuts as it is let alone SFV and actual TK for that matter. I searched for over a year for my TK.

7 Likes

Right. I got the real deal TK and she is potent af. But the sfv wasn’t even close. Could see the SFV being an S1 if that’s the case but yeah, I can’t guarantee it was legit SFV OG or a lemony knock-off.

10 Likes

Sounds a lot like the 92
Here are some morning pics

It’s interesting how the ghost has fat leaves on a lanky stretchy frame and the 92 has thinner leaves on a much more compact sturdy frame.

18 Likes

Tahoe OG – just ran out and got some pics

18 Likes

Plants on the left front are all Tahoe (first 5 in the row).

19 Likes

I see what you mean with respect to my speculation above about the plants I’ve started @Heritagefarms when I check out pictures of your very nice 92OG and Ghost. Leaf types a seeming mismatch with the plant structures. I’ve read that the 92OG is 60 sativa/40 indica (if you believe what you read on the internet) but what those thin sativa-like leaves may be indicating is undermined by the plant’s compact frame. Think I’ll just let them be what they want to be as long as it’s great smoke in the end…

3 Likes

Very nice would love to compare and see they compare. Wish we were in the same state , looks very similar in structure.
Does the Tahoe have a sharp zig zag pattern to the new growth on the main stalk while in veg ?

4 Likes

Yes, it has that classic OG-typical viney growth pattern when grown in 18/6 light.

3 years ago I switched to 12/1 (12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off) and this plant exhibits extreme tightening of the internodes, and pre-pistil production as a fresh clone or young plant. Older plants seem to stretch more normally (2-4 month veg time). It is the weirdest behavior I’ve ever seen in a clone. I need to set up a separate 18/6 tent and see if it reverts back (it should) to “normal” growth patterns. I ran it the old way for years before I switched to this light schedule.

I would be really interested in comparing also. Shipped cuts are 100% inter-state legal according to USDA. :slight_smile:

5 Likes