Crockett's Tangie (F2) - Seeds from Veteran Strain Giveaway

Bubba Kush x Aloha White Widow females vegging…

11 Likes

Went in and removed two or three lower nodes in all the Tangies, wanted to get them to the corners of their pots then send them vertically from there. They’re definitely going to be busy, based on the pics shared in this thread so far, I think I’m going to be pretty aggressive at removing lower growth sites and trying to leave a single node when I flip to flower so all the bud is up near the lights and not down low along the trunks.

Goji Pupil is definitely bulking up for flower, I’ve grown this strain before and it’s got huge internodes but amazing nuggetry in the ends. I have her two main tops supercropped hard at this point to send up the bottom four tops. Trying to keep her in check size wise while she’s sharing the veg space…

Bubba’s widows are also trucking along, I put them in slightly larger pots from the little cell cups they started in, but they’re already asking for more room… May need to reset these from clone to keep them around small enough to veg through the Tangie flower cycle. Although…I could try to squeeze them in there with the Tangies all at once… :thinking:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Puffin on the last of some Tangie now. Are there any of those F2’s left from Sebring? Rare Dankness just put out a Tangie x GTH#1 cross I’m super tempted by too. Orange Haze sounds so good…

1 Like

I provided those to Sebring, and tossed a bunch around here in trades. I have maybe 40 left, I’ll donate 12 to someone who will do another run for an upcoming box.

Any takers? I would do myself but I cant pop any beans till late june and iv got my sights set on a few other genetics.

PM if anyone is interested.

15 Likes

I think I got some from @Corey? There was a cross of it and something else, too. I just looked and there are two auto crosses to it and some C Tangie, I guess f2?

4 Likes

Yeah @GMan The auto’s x Tangie were an accidental pollination… and they did come from Corey. Hopefully i learned from that one… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Probably gonna be a happy mistake. A lot of the things I made seeds from were sort of like that. Sort of, make all of the parts available, and let mother nature decide who gets it sort of thing. Corey sent a card with all of the parents listed. I hope to drown some soon. I may start doing one gallon grows on some strains in order to test them faster. Thanks, if you’re the maker. I was surprised they came in the mail to me. Muchos Gracias!

3 Likes

Droopy morning for the Tangies, they’re alone in here now as I prep for flip. I watered yesterday with pH adjusted tap, a tiny pinch of Epsom, and some SLF-100.

Light might be bothering them, I turned the dial up a wee bit at lunch yesterday and then today, whole lot of limp. Waiting to see if they push through before I pull back on intensity.

12 Likes

I marked the two extremes of the dial in brown, but the last quarter turn towards full is mostly for show, doesn’t change power draw significantly. I’d call this roughly 30-40% dial, all things considered.

Yes, I know, I need a PAR meter…

4 Likes

You can do just fine with a cheap Lux meter…
… but the cool kids will be using PAR. :vulcan_salute: :sweat_smile:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Transplanted to 5g circular plastic pots, Cyco bagged coco for four, and a control plant in straight promix. I just barely moistened the surface with full strength nutes after transplant, they had a full size drink at 6am when the lights came on so I don’t want to go nuts. Will go back and give them little sprays today every few hours to try to get some runoff, but maybe that’ll wait until tomorrow…bored on a Saturday and molesting my plants. I already know this is too much medium for this space, but hey, it’s not called undergrow.com

9 Likes

Transplant seemed to do the trick, they’re greening back up and starting to pray again showing transpiration.

I removed all the nodes below the tips Kyle Kushman style, will flip to 12/12 once I see a node of vertical growth from here indicating healthy roots and recovery.

Last grow taught me a lesson in leaving lower nodes and getting lots of larf, so I’m trying a Darth Vader approach to focusing growth only on top bud sites.

4 Likes

17 Likes

beautiful plant training - would say dam-near-perfect !!! if not perfect

3 Likes

Kyle style is the way to go. Even if doesn’t create more “weight”, not having any larf to trim/deal with is worth it. Having said that, any time I use it the buds are fat and nice.

Looking good!

3 Likes

Is there a sign up sheet for this run? Would love to have some beans to try down the road.

This run is sinsemilla, the keeper will hang around and I’d like to make seeds on her, haven’t chosen a male yet!

4 Likes

Just got done catching up on this beautiful grow and I am a big fan of the Bubba Kush x aloha white Widow but it’s all looking :ok_hand:t3: hope that you don’t mind me hinding in the corner throughout happy spring growing The Doc

3 Likes

I see thanks for the info. I hope it comes out the way you want fire on top of fire. :fire:

3 Likes