COMPLETED - Crop King - New York Sour Diesel, now with White Widow

A quick case study/note about Crop King,

I decided to try autos. My rooms are getting a slow rebuild in a new house, so i threw up an old 4x4 for the time being. CK has a retailer locally so i just picked some up - New York Sour Diesel.

Popped them and put in dirt 3gal (30% perilite, 50% compost, 20% other mostly inert stuff), then left home for 4 weeks with a housesitter under a 600w MH.They have seen no nutes, and got a ph7/20ppm water out of our tap until i came back.

Seeds popped July 21 2018
Today is August 29. Day 39 from seed. About 1/2 way there, maybe a tad over. I fed them mild bloom nutes twice since Aug 25 when i got back. switched to hps.

3 germed, 3 popped, got 2 phenotypes
All 3 were topped at day 15 i believe

Two are doing well under the circumstances of being slightly neglected
One is terrible. It was a stretchy seedling, developed almost no foliage, drinking very little, and generally unhappy.

I would have expected all 3 to grow a little more before blooming, they seem too fast for me. Temps were good, air is good, the guy who looked after them is not an idiot.

I would say “Meh” to the genetics, but cannot rule out that dirt mix was not ideal. I have 2 more CK NYCD auto beans, and 2 more of their WW auto. Will pop all 4 and put them in DWC, then report back. Maybe i’ll get some more growth out of them.

Some pics for reference, WB corrected for HPS. Decent ones on the right, shitty one on the left

Decent ones:

Shitty one:

I expected better, but then maybe there was a fuckup.
Just one man’s $0.02

11 Likes

That one on the left is definitely behind the others, but overall I’d say not to bad.

2 Likes

Thanks @SeymourGreen, I’m gonna try to fatten’em up a bit for sure, just really surprised at how fast they flowered. The package says up to 250g indoor yield. I am skeptical to say the least… takes a lot more plant to pull a half-p

2 Likes

I never grew out autos before, but that definitely seems quick to me. And tell me about it, I have a five foot liberty haze plant going on 16 weeks since the flip, and I’m praying for at least a qp.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: SeymourGreen’s Tent

So it is exactly one week since the last record.

The plants have been receiving Green Planet base, AN supplements (big bud, bud factor x) and Cal Mag, per manufacturer’s feed chart, every watering (1L/day is their consumption). Total comes up to about 1000ppm on 500 scale. The sickly one can barely manage 500ml/day. PH 6.1. No sign of nute burn. Hungry much?

The tent:

The good ones:

The sickly one:

They are flowering out nicely, but i REALLY wish they veged a little better. 'Cause at this point, it’s a borderline waste of a 600w light with so little foliage under it.

Stay lit friends

4 Likes

Another week has passed.
Here are the ladies now. Sexually frustrated and getting fat.

Almost ready. Supposedly another two weeks to go but they be all milky. I guess I’ll keep them another week and see what happens. Also drinking way less now.

Have more of the same seeds. Was going to go DWC but got some clones for that system. Probably will end up in coco as a comparison.

6 Likes

I got my shitty little microscope out again, and pretty much ready. I can’t see this going another week. 3 days tops, so I’ll probably chop’em on Sunday. Sunday-funday!

This one is bursting at the seams

Overall pretty happy how they flowered (not how they veged lol). Fast and furious, smell pretty good. Sticky.

Also, as planned, popped 4x more seeds into coco. Now that i’m home, i can keep a close eye on them and see if I can push the veg a little harder. OK, a LOT harder…

Cheers,

HH

6 Likes

Say “Hello” to my little friends

Today marks day 1 for Crop King White Widow and NY sour diesel autos in coco

Should i chop the big ones today? They look ready… but could stand a little more… but they look ready :slight_smile:

Decisions, decisions

3 Likes

Some notes on the coco before I forget; i’ll just keep the journal here that way i can keep pictures in context

Medium - cana coco 50l bag
Initial charge - 420ppm, of them 240 cal-mag, 140-ish 2-part, and balance- vitamins. My tap water is around 10ppm ph 6.9, so I don’t even count it. Instructions Cana gives is to never go below 0.8EC; so be it. If seedlings mind, i’ll dial back, but so far they look proper

Fed/watered yesterday. Did not take much to get my runoff (ph 6.4; 620ppm - i can live with that) . In hindsight should have probably waited a while longer to really make those roots work. Not too late, next feeding won’t be for a while. I’m thinking 3 days at least, now that they are on their way.

Was gonna chop the mature ones, but decided to wait a bit – still no amber, will wait for at least a bit to come through. Switching back to MH though soon, I don’t think the big girls care anymore.

5 Likes

Hi @HappyHemper. Everything’s looking like they pulled through quite nicely. Some pretty fat buds your gonna be harvesting soon. Great job and looking forward to what your gonna run next. Oh and personally, I’d wait another 5 days to a week to chop. Still seeing a lot of white hairs, but either way definitely want a smoke report when it’s ready. Cheers!

1 Like

Yah I’m holding on waiting for a bit more ripening. They are barely drinking, ready to be reincarnated into joints.

And the babies are growing so fast in coco. I am very much looking forward to seeing what these can do when nutrients are fully controlled.

3 Likes

The babies are doing well - time to refresh the coco… One is a little on the lighter shade side, so I am wondering if it’s a slight lockout because coco is fresh and hasn’t found its groove yet, or simply my initial waterings were weaksauce. I know some grow lighter, but there is a marked difference in color of first fans and cotyledons, so i’m keeping an eye. Been a long-ass while since my last coco grow.

Either way, in goes calmag, silica, vitamin b, all to 1/2 stength - about 150ppm combined - and base up to 430-ish. pH to 5.8.

Same salt load, but half of the calmag replaced with 1+2. We’ll see if it changes anything tomorrow. Still pretty light, i want to wait until 3 nodes before i start finding their limit

Water till decent runoff. Runoff at 6.4 and 580ppm. A-OK.

The typical one - NYSD

The atypical one - WW

The old hags in the back are doing fantastic. I contemplated chopping them many times this week, yet here they are still. Starving them though, enough is enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Gitn’ there

10 Likes

Chopped one down.

Gawd I hate trimming.

Smells nice though!

7 Likes

Those buds look awesome! Lets us know how they smoke when the time comes.

2 Likes

Just chopped the second one down

Fatter buds, but kind of airy. Smells great. Did not weigh wet

Better half scraped the scissors. Says she is nicely high :slight_smile:

Happy wife, happy Happy.

7 Likes

Very nice! I like! :grinning:

1 Like

Buds dried a little fast – next time will have to find another spot. In jars now
Total yield? 3.5 oz from the three plants, including the sickly one. Not awesome, but not bad for a half-neglected return to the hobby.

The new autos are still doing well. Fed them Sept 28 with about 450ppm. Full cal-mag, vitamins b, half-dose silicates, and about 150ppm of 1+2

FIM’d the white widows at 4th, Sept 28. Did it early hopefully they will recover quicker. NYSD is a node behind, so probably will FIM later. Last time it responded well to topping, this time i’m trying FIMming.

WW:

NYSD:

Steady as she goes…

5 Likes

Having never tried FIMming before, they look kind of weird… in a good way?

And one of the NYSDs is somewhat mutated.

Genetic, or my doing?

Coco is still moist, i’ll probably feed tomorrow night. 4 days seems long, but they are not complaining…

6 Likes

Wow this grow slipped right under my radar. :airplane_arriving: I’m on board now. :seat: :popcorn:

2 Likes