CSI Humboldt Pinks 'N' Purps F2 Micro Seed Run

I’ll be watching, looks like a nice seed run to-be

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s some extras to pass around to the community :fist:t3::fist:t3::fist:t3:

5 Likes

So far I’ve got 6/10 with nice tails. 2 looking troublesome and the other 2 are slowpokes.

23 Likes

Down for this one most def. The name alone got me. Should be some fire in them there beans

4 Likes

Dude you’re a step ahead of me playing with the micro breeding! Good luck to you my friend, I’m curious to watch this one I’m actually in the middle of listening to Caleb’s potcast episode and he did say that the mendo purps S1s were some of his favorites that he’s made. Good luck! Big love! :heart:

8 Likes

Cheers everyone! Thanks for stopping in!

Sadly I lost a few more soldiers… They just came up weird and ran out of steam unfortunately. Out of the 8 that germinated, we’re down to 5 solid seedlings, 2 are struggling and 1 is def not going to make it but I’m going to leave it for now. Not sure what’s up with these ones. This is definitely the lowest success rate I’ve personally seen and I maintain my propagation methods every time and have had good success in the past. Either way I’m forging on.

23 Likes

The two that are brown don’t look weird to me just looks like the membrane didn’t come off. Has happened to me before. Just give them a spritz with some water. Stick a toothpick between the opening and gently slide it across to try and open it up. I would hold the top of the plant when doing it because you don’t want to accidentally break it off.

8 Likes

A lot of developments to update on.

For one thing, these are the slowest growing plants I have ever grown in my 3+ years of limited cultivation experience. After doing some reading, I believe this has something to do with the F2 generation but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I am down to 5 survivors. 1 didn’t germ at all, 1 germed but wouldn’t open and died (even those I preformed the dreaded separation surgery), 2 faded a few days after germination and the other 1 just randomly dampened off suddenly after 2 weeks. They grew SO SLOW! Like, crazy slow. They took almost 3 weeks to show roots from the jiffy pots.

5 should be a good number though now. I was debating on getting them sex tested but for $30 a test I decided it’s just not worth it.

The tent is still being dialed in and one of the plants is showing signs of heat stress. I purchased an AC Infinity 4 inch in-line booster duct fan. These are not specifically made for this operation but it’s small and it’s working pretty perfectly to exhaust the tent. I have it hooked up to a time that turns it on for 2 minutes once every 15 mins. I also have a bluetooth hygrometer in there to track Temps and RH and will dial in the exhaust timings as I see fit. I have it exhausting from the bottom and bringing air in from the top. I’ve heard this is good for getting fresh air to run down over your plants… Honestly, I’m just mostly experimenting at this point.

My only issue now is temps and humidity. Right now it’s much too hot and dry. I have a small essential oil diffuser on the way. I won’t be adding essential oils but will use it for water vapour. I’ve used one of these in my veg area with great success! For about $36 CDN it should raise the humidity in my tent enough to make things a little more comfortable in there and I can fit it up in the tent pocket so I don’t have to lay it on the floor and take up space.

You can see how small the plants are after almost 4 weeks of veg time!!

This little one is not have a fun time :frowning:

Since some room has opened up in my tent I decided to pop more seeds! I doubt I will pollinate these ones but I’ll grow out some micro plants in the same space to really just test it all out.

The seeds are Bad Dog freebies from Great Lake Genetics: Wedding Cake x Cake Fighter (Stray Fox’s cut of Wedding Cake x Starfighter). They are very vigorous and robust little seedlings so far. They practically burst out of the seeds! They’re probably going to catch up to the Pinks n Purps in no time!

I’m planning on flipping the plants this wknd! They’ll be sexed and separated, pollinated and assimilated!

19 Likes

Are you using Jiffy pellets? The last batch I got have had consistantly slow or NO growth so i switched back to solo cups and no issues anymore. I’m curious if anyone else has noticed this in the last 1-2 years?

9 Likes

Hmm yes I am using the Jiffy pellets. I was wondering why the F it was taking so long for the roots to pop out! Also, basically 70% of my clones failed in the jiffy pellets from the same box! Hmmm :thinking:

Well, I used the last 5 to germ those Bad Dog seeds so we’ll see how they do!

7 Likes

@Pigeonman I think you were on to something bud!! Thanks for the heads up.

My Wedding Cake x Cake Fighter seeds started yellowing!! So I had ENOUGH of those Jiffy pellets and performed some surgery. I removed that mesh netting and broke the pellets apart, exposing the root, then I replanted them in soil. I think I had a defective batch of pellets!! No wonder my Pink n Purps seedlings were dying off. I think they might have been too tightly packed, not allowing the roots to grow or something.

After the transplant the seedlings started growing rapidly!! F YOU JIFFY PELLETS!! The ones that started turning yellow went green again and all is good.

Enough about that for now, just thought I’d share about those damn jiffy pellets. @Pigeonman, you saved the day!

The Pink s Purps are doing very well also and have started to stretch. So far we have one male (front left). There might be another one, just waiting for the smaller ones to mature.

22 Likes

he looks like a manly man with those big cajones

3 Likes

Thanks for confirmin @NorthNorthNugs ! Really bums me out thpugh as i used to love these thongs.

3 Likes

Right?! It was weird. I opened the tent last night and noticed it looked a bit beefier! Checked under the leaves and was like “woahhh! Ok then” lol literally almost over night.

Ya same! This is a good lesson for me tho as I’ve been wanting to learn how to sow my seed directly in soil. This is the kick in the ass I needed.

2 Likes

When puberty hits it hits hard I guess :rofl:

2 Likes

Things are really taking off now, which is good to see. 2 weeks since flip so about a week more of stretch. I’m starting to think I flipped too fast but the 2 that were taller would’ve stretched too much. The male is doing his thing, stretching above the fems.

The females are displaying purple growth, it’s unique to me and cool to watch.

Here’s the male a few days later. He started dropping pollen so I separated him into a male jail (an extra cupboard from the kitchen reno that didn’t get used).

I’ll wait until the male is really dropping and then pollinate on about day 25-30 of flowering. You can even see some purple within the males pollen sack clusters if you look closely. Pretty neat!

26 Likes

Very cool brother, I never get tired of seeing purple plants

2 Likes

Very nice work. Loving the early color.
I have a pack of Pinks n Purps. Just have not got around to popping them.

2 Likes

i just had a bad batch of rapid rooters, root riot, if you buy anything on amazon, grow supply included, it’s bootleg, i sell bootleg things on amazon haha i would know, they allow and almost encourage it, not saying that you bought it there, just felt like ranting, but the rando that makes the pellets don’t give a shit if you seeds germinate or not, anyways i was just gonna say: i have pinks ‘n’ purps seeds that came as freebies from CSI, kinda wish i planted those, looking for some purple/fruity type stuff and the forbidden fruit s1 are a nightmare in every category so far, can’t get those fuckers to grow, probably something to do with the s1 thing, i shoulda listened to csi advice and get a cross, instead of a s1 of the strain, anyways, good shit dude!

6 Likes

Thats funny about bootleg shit on amazon… I just got some root riots and noticed they changed the recipe on them or something. They’re not as coco feeling as they used to be, and feel more spongey. Hopefully they still work damnit!

But yeah, those Jiffy pellets are bad news, ime. I used to grab them from Lowe’s or Home Depot or whatever in the off-season because you can get them cheap, but I never had good luck with them. Some seeds would stall out, others fail to germinate. Some would also grow mold really easy. Now I just use a good light organic mix and give seeds a 12-16 hours soak and plant 'em.

Cool to see people do micro runs, it’s fun to grow small plants and see the variety… and do some personal micro breeding. Didn’t Caleb say he got an extra stinky plant out of the Pinks and Purps line?

7 Likes