CSI Humboldt Pinks 'N' Purps F2 Micro Seed Run

Damn dude, I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. Always here as a sounding board if you need it. Like others said there will be other grows, take care of your head first :heart::heart::v:t2:

2 Likes

That looks more like thrips damage than mite damage to me.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and caring everyone (@Cormoran @Pigeonman @anhthormap @LegsMahoney ), very much appreciate the support.

I have to say that I agree with you on that one.

4 Likes

I agree here. I thought mites at first but the closer up pics showed no webs and I actually think there is one ore two thrips in the closeups. I didn’t know thrips would kill like that. How long from the time she started looking sick until she finally died?

4 Likes

Two weeks or maybe a few days longer but in and around there. Really strange this one as I didn’t realize they could take a plant out like that.

Here’s a few more shots of the other side of the tent. The runt of WCCF is starting a rapid decline. But you can see the Pinks n Purps in the back there. Pheno 4 is holding it down.

8 Likes

Hey there sorry to hear about everything @NorthNorthNugs that for sure looks like a thrips/damage as mentioned I had a infestation of them a few grows ago and got rid of them with a few treatments of dr zymez / Amblyseius cucumeris predatory mites after 3 dose treatment of the zymez sending love and good vibes your way

6 Likes

Thanks for the info! I will look that stuff up. Much appreciated!

3 Likes

can definitely vouch for the Dr. Zymes as well for what its worth

2 Likes

All plants except two have been bagged and tossed. Threw out the soil and everything, which I felt terrible about but I just don’t have the time to remediate it or trust that some damn eggs won’t hatch again when I get the indoor garden going again this fall.

Here is basically the sole survivor, pheno 4!

She held up nicely in a tent with pest pressure so I think she’s a strong candidate for sharing some seeds. She was largely uneffected by the pest problem and still smells pretty good at chop.

I’m going to finish out these Wedding Cake x Cake Fighter freebies bc basically… I want to lol. The leaves took some damage but I just can’t chop them! I really want to see how they flower out. The buds look great and I’m not seeing any narcosis in the leaves so I’m letting them go.

I used this Biolarvicide in the soil and added some sticky traps for the gnats and other pests. Since I’ve added that to the soil and put out the traps there is basically nothing flying around in the tent.

I believe my down fall here was my slacking on the compost teas and sprouted seed teas. Also, not putting out sticky traps when I noticed a lot of gnats was a big mistake. There were originally 3 WCCF plants but I tossed the runt because I could see her bottom fan leaves taking on the same progression of damage that the PnP plants went through. On closer look I could see a lot of gnats moving around in the soil specifically where the main stalk was. I believe it was a combination of gnats in the soil and thrips. Not adding beneficial teas to fight off that population led to my ultimate downfall. The outdoor garden took precedence over the teas and my indoor was left to suffer.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I’m just trying to journal this mistake so that I don’t make it again in the future.

Some other good news is that I found a few viable seeds in Pheno 3, which is the green pheno that smelled like straight up grape bubblegum. Even if I only get a small handful out from that plant it will be a welcome addition to the seed packs I’ll share.

Plants are hanging now for a few weeks so I’ll report back when I’ve shuck and sorted.

12 Likes

Bummer how it went my friend, but onwards and upwards. I know you probably got some fire seeds to get into next go round :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks bud. Yep, hopefully something pops out of these in the future. Already got my wheels spinning on projects for the fall.

3 Likes

I finally got around to shucking the one plant that survived, which was pheno 4 (the grape bubble gum pheno). It took about a month to dry enough to actually be shucked properly, so much humidity this time of year! Even with the dehumidifier.

The seed production on this plant was pretty piss poor but I was able to harvest a small handful of seeds. Of those seeds, only a tiny percentage passed the “squish test”. I thumbed every single seed… and the pile on the left were the winners.

I ended up with 71 seeds that didn’t break when squished.

To the original CSI group buy crew:

@Greasy @Chronickyle @G-paS @MBVapester @Swe-can @Qtip @darkillusion @Pigeonman @DGCloud @Grizz718 @HappyGoLucky21 @anon20530495 @JBow918 @WubbaLubbaDubDub

Are you still interested in seeds from this run, despite the issues? Are these even worth your time? If so, let me know. For those still interested I’ll do my best to figure out how to fairly share this seed lot. It’s a no brainer to me that @Greasy should at least receive a pack due to the fact he gifted the extra pack in the first place.

And finally, to all of you, I’m sorry for the mishaps. It’s one thing to have this happen, but feels even worse when you’re not trying to share the results with other growers.

Anyway, please respond if you’re tagged here and we’ll sort something out.

:v:t3:

21 Likes

I was in the group buy, but didn’t throw in for this particular pack. I am glad to see you were able to get some beans!

4 Likes

Yes please & thank you!

3 Likes

First thing first @NorthNorthNugs :v::pray::v::pray::raised_hands::raised_hands:!! In the end you’ve done the best you could under the circumstances :100::point_left:!

Second yeas please :pray::pray:

4 Likes

Yes please I will be happy to get a few.

I could not have said it any better.

6 Likes

Good job taking the run to completion even with all the struggles involved! I’ve got a lot of things ahead on my list that I would like to grow probably before the Pinks n Purps, so if you have a lot of interest feel free to share my pack with someone who will want to grow them!

6 Likes

I just wanted to say that u have done a good job and I don’t have words but I’m glad you got some good seeds to play with and I hope that there’s some magic in them there beans The Doc…so sorry for your loss and I’m always around if you need anything please don’t hesitate to reach out…Beans are great but the depth of knowledge and camaraderie here at OG are worth so much more than any one seed.

2 Likes

Heyyyyy, great job! I’m interested still my friend.

3 Likes

@NorthNorthNugs @DougDawson What a great idea! I wanna try this. Do you vacuum seal it with the silica pack enclosed as well? How long do you think the pollen will keep in this fashion? Thanks for sharing!! I’ve got several of these packs as well so I’m for SURE following along!

5 Likes