CSI Humboldt Seeds

My buddy is an exterminator/pest removal etc. and it’s crazy the different scents even from skunk to skunk, age development, gland development etc. it’s a whole other world looking into this shit, been going at it 2 years now and it gets overwhelming. I have two entire books full of notes I’ve taken, it’s pretty interesting in fact

4 Likes

Ya he told me when he’s back from Puerto Rico we’ll meet up, didn’t seem very interested until I told him what was in my stable :wink: then he was like “oh well I’m headed to Puerto Rico for 3 weeks, but as soon as I’m back we’ll talk. (Better than nothing I suppose) :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

I can say from personal experience that I know what skunk smells like. And let me tell you tomato juice does NOT work! :rofl::face_vomiting:

6 Likes

yes been trying to follow along those lines of thinking and yes i do believe there could different aspect of what a SKUNK smell is. i only know one kind and its the kind im after.

the smell of a skunk
the smell of skunk spray
the smell of dead skunk

those are the three that i know of first hand, to me the skunk spray version is one im after. the skunk smell is straight up skunk odor, very cool id take it if i could find it.

the skunk spray is much more intense and in your face and it’s the type of odor that just lingers on-n-on-n-on this is the one i want the most.

dead skunk smell not really interested in that one, dont get me wrong if i run across i will keep and work it to the max. with this you can clearly get that death type smell along with the skunk glands that have been busted when the animal was killed. am i a skunk master NO WAY but i do know what im after.

i will look until im no longer able to grow that’s for-sure …

8 Likes

Grab a double load of beans if ya can. Lol. Better make it a triple load. Forgot about Jaws.

1 Like

Thats the skunk I remember and would love to experience again.

2 Likes

Using Google Scholar and other free download sites for scholarly research PDFs along with Libgen.is for downloading EPUB books has seriously advanced my researching about cannabis in general!

5 Likes

I didn’t even know about libgen ! Nice thanks. I’m always reading something lately. Very cool

1 Like

@Dirt_Wizard @JAWS there’s a research paper from one of th universities (I will look to see if I can find it) they ran test on differnt compunds and found that some of the sulfer thiols are the same found in skunk spray. It was just what they had to do to try and get the plant to express those traits mor predominantly.

2 Likes

It worked for me, and I even know what color it is! (Yellow)

1 Like

Lucky you! I spent 3 days living in the garage taking showers with heavy duty degreaser. Fun times. :roll_eyes: :joy:

Edit: out of likes.

6 Likes

Hello OG, how are you guys???

I’m Brazilian and I’m going to start importing CSI genetics. I really admire their work and I want to bring a little of the Emerald Triangle here to Brazil.

I would like to know from who planted and plants CSI genetics, if I should go for S1, like Chem d, UK Cheese, or should I go in crosses like for example chem d x uk cheese???

Factors such as germination percentage would also be interesting to know, as the import cost here to Brazil is somewhat high.

Reading and re-reading the topic I see that whoever plants CSI doesn’t regret it, but I would like one or two direct opinions to better formulate what I will or won’t bring about genetics here…

Thank you very much in advance to everyone who makes this great forum and thanks for the information…

9 Likes

I have there chemD and uk cheese going right now along with a few others and am very happy with the results so far. I got the uk cheese as a freebie along with another buy and I went with chemd cause it’s one of my favorites and I wanted as close to the clone only as I can get in seed form. I also have some of there crosses and they turned out stellar . I wasn’t expecting much from there fire og x mendo cross freebie i grew sense I’m not a fan of purple but man it’s like one of my favorites strains I got goin rite now , very loud black licorice smells with a dankness coming from the fire og. As with any seed you run there’s gonna be loosers found but with csi it’s alot less then other packs I’ve ran in the past from other chuckers. I don’t think there’s a pack he sells that you wouldn’t be happy with just depending on the taste/high/structure/smells your looking for is all

4 Likes

@RoadKill thanks for the information brother…
From the reports I see, those who plant CSI don’t regret it… lol…
And we have similar tastes, Chem D and Cheese are the ones I really have my eye on… hehehehhe…

Your information was extremely useful…

Thank you very much…

2 Likes

Csi uk cheese in 3 gallon coir pots nearing the end started with 5 still have these 4 goin . I’m hoping to find a winner to keep around for the future

45 Likes

yooo this guy finally brings back his epic pics! miss seen all that fire your making and producing man. if you have any new journals going or starting soon tag me pls.

1 Like

@FPunk hey man in Brazil you get high humidity so you want things with more humidity resistance or if growing indoors you want dehumidifiers. Things like cheese and Chem can rot easily in humidity above 50 % because they are thick hard buds.
I would buy regular seed so I can make more seeds of my favorite strains.
They have a Colombian strain that can grow in your climate Mangobiche but it seems you want more modern high thc strains versus old medium thc sativa

5 Likes

Trainwreck!

3 Likes

Oops beauty @YescaSmoker, so in the region where I live the humidity is low by Brazilian standards, it is around 50% to 60% on average, but in the summer we easily reach 30% humidity, today is a hot and sunny day, hitting 32% humidity, I even have to use a humidifier here hehehehe…

But I do understand what your brother is worried about, where I lived the humidity was 90% on the beach…

My problem with sativas is my anxiety, generally sativa gives me an energy that is hard for me, I have chronic anxiety, I always have to mix it when it’s sativa and here the thing takes over hehehehe…

I’m also a fan of the regular ones for sure, reproduction and distribution is one of my biggest motivators, but when it comes to the CSI S1, I see that people really enjoy it and I have an appreciation for these strains grown in the Emerald Triangle, especially Humboldt. …

Thank you very much for the tips brother, I’m very grateful, you guys from OG are awesome, it’s gratifying to talk to you here…

May JAH bless your cultivation always…

10 Likes

Another genetic that really attracts me…

Thanks for the tip @Dirt_Wizard

2 Likes