CSI Humboldt Seeds

Wow, envious of your humidity. For what it’s worth, the Little Red Riding Hood (Zkittles x Mendo Purps) I ran outdoors last year was amazing flower (though too dense for the garbage summer we just had, definitely ran into mold problems).

Not knocking S1s, but Caleb’s crosses are cool too.

9 Likes

because it’s easier, brother, to humidify than to dehumidify, outdoors is complex, but here, due to the laws and everything else, I take it indoors, so I can have better control of the environment, but here there is the cost of cooling the environment, which weighs a lot…hehehehe … low humidity and suffocating heat…

Well, the S1 that I buy is just CSI…

Nice to talk to brother… @yardgrazer

6 Likes

Started harvesting my post-summer indoor crop. Next up is all CSI. I’ve got Trumps Candy, notso headband x chem D, and UK Cheese x Wedding Cake.

5 Likes

Ok man good luck if you buy some hp13s1 and I hope you come back and tell us a good story about it maybe share some seeds?
If anyone has the cannabible or goes to a bookstore please take a picture of the hp13 description and post it so we cann all be more informed

2 Likes

What’s some good strains to run indoor in smaller settings if anyone has recommendations. I’ve tried the blue fire through the other humboldt seedbank i think, never this one.

1 Like

It’s a Pacific Northwest classic for a reason! Open sativa structure and massive height help it with the humidity a lot according to people who have grown it outdoors, and the terps seem to be pretty mold and pest resistant. Of the S1s that CSI offers I think that Cali-O, Durban Poison, and Trainwreck would be your best choices for outdoor high-humidity growing. I wouldn’t overlook his landrace/heirloom IBLs either, the PTK, PCK or Uzbekistani would probably do very well for you being more raw mountain genetics, and the Xmas Bud was a South Florida line originally, which seems good.

4 Likes

Here’s the description by Jason King. It’s interesting because I have an idea of what I would cross with hp13 if the s1 turned out to be similar. I don’t want to say what it’s just stoner fantasy anyway lol let your imagination run wild like me. It makes sense this would an Afghanistan strain because of how they open pollinate every year. It would lead to many different terpenes in one strain, thats something most people don’t do in seed breeding now it’s always from clones or inbred versus pollination of different things every year. It’s also why I think s1 probably gives tons of diversity no stability in terpenes

This strain is called HP13, or Hash Plant # 13. The inner circle of pot snobs lucky enough to
have access to it sometimes lovingly refer to it simply as “P.” This pure indica strain originated
in Afghanistan, and was surely inbred for generations by a proud family line of Afghanis in
some remote valley of the Pakistani/Afghani mountain range, Then in the '70s, as more and
more Westerners traveled the infamous hippy hashish trail, some of this magical gene pool
was brought to America in the form of seeds. The strain stayed in California for a while, and
eventually made its way to New York City of all places, where it is commonly sold for more
than twice the cost of gold ($8,000 a pound and up)! Two things are notable about this strain
of marijuana: the flavor, and the psychological effects it has on people–not necessarily from
smoking it. HP13 has the most complex flavor I have ever experienced, and I’m not limiting
that statement to just ganja. This herb tastes so incredible it could easily be described as erotic
New flavors visit the taste buds minutes after the smoke is exhaled; the range of flavors is truly
impressive. This diverse flavor can hardly be put to words, but I’ll try. Skunky, garlicky, salty,
spicy, hashy, and the list goes on. All it takes is one toke, and most pot smokers become instant
P-heads.

8 Likes

thanks for the tips brother… @Dirt_Wizard
I will take everything you have said into consideration when making choices…

PCK is about to arrive with some of the seedrun that took place here at OG, I’m really looking forward to working on these genetics…

Thank you very much for the information, as we say here in Brazil, big hug… heheheheh…

3 Likes

Does anyone have experience growing out the Suge’r daddy, babu or kush 4 x t-1000 ? I’m on week 10 and there’s no change in trichomes , nor any extra frost to the buds. Scoping looks to be still all milky, no amber. I’m wondering if it’s normal, or if something is wrong on my end. I’ve never had this before on any strain unless it was a very long flowering sativa.

3 Likes

Caleb said the mendo p’s have some really skunky ones in them as well

3 Likes

One of the best preservationists in the game. I searched his Bubba S1 and found a cut I still have to this day. Nothing but respect for CSI :call_me_hand:t2:

Currently selecting a Pine Tar Kush IBL for a little project, stoked on it

13 Likes

Those look great, how’re they smelling along w the Chem d x uk cheese?

I actually just planted 3 Chem d x uk cheese myself.

3 Likes

Out of the 5 s1 phenos of uk cheese I’m getting cheesy and fruity smells .

2 Likes

Being that thiols are known to make up the skunk terp profile, I have ventured on an experiment of my own. Maybe I should make a thread but I made an FPJ from onions and garlic and I been feeding it to my plants when I water every other week. To soon to say if it’s having an effect but the plants I have in flower seem to have more stink to them than usual but could be genetics too. Time will tell.

7 Likes

I thought phosphorous was the lead contributor to thyols.

I sincerely hope your project works, but I would be in remiss if I didn’t say it reminded me of the whole purple kool-aid = purple plants myth. Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Absolute :fire: Well done! More pics please :blush:

1 Like

My Bubba S1 selection from CSI. Super cheesy itself with an incredibly smooth smoke :fire:

40 Likes

Csi chemD s1s ,trainwreck s1s and fireog x mendo purp in diy rdwc hydroponic system approx 4 weeks from flip

24 Likes

I love Purple Urkel, thats gorgeous… Beautiful plant

2 Likes

Lifted this from Caleb’s CSI_Humboldt2.0 IG acct, about his Zkittles selections: " from the first Zkittlez S1 run of 100 Z S1’s I grew out. Folks have asked the differences on some of my selections….the [Z26] was selected for strong Z terps…the [Z85] is moderate Z terps mixed with solid potency…the [Z91] is solid purple dense popcorns mixed with moderate Z terps…the [Z62] is a caked in frost with decent Z terps…most of my focus has been on the[Z85] because it has the best high of the bunch"

10 Likes