CSI Humboldt Seeds

No… you have it wrong.
Fem or reg has no bearing on breeding if you did the job right, you can get to your targeted goals and traits from either one, just different approach.
It’s very rare today to see breeders take plants further in order to create consistent seed lines of said plants, that’s why you see it goes little “crazy” sometimes, only it’s not little, and not sometimes, it’s like you said, very hard to find keepers as opposed to the past where every pack had multiple of them.

4 Likes

Those are the individual I remember, didn’t smell test to intense.

• piney / gassy with slight lemon notes
  • fresh tennis ball
  • earthy / gassy / astringent
  • gassy / aftershave

The Tennis Ball individual are the last two pictures, didn’t develop any smell till week 7/8 and only carry’s the new Tennis Ball smell now, she has shorter internodes and smaller stature. The rest is lanky / vines and stretched like hell, stems bend easily.

Two individuals are left that I have not flowered yet.

From the ones above I like the earthy / gassy / astringent one (pictures 7/8/10) and the piney / gassy / slight lemon notes one (pictures 1/2/3).

The New Tennis Ball individual is interesting but the smell is not really strong, I already thought about selfing it in the hope of finding the same smell but stronger expressed in the offspring.

6 Likes

1/2/3 look like an OG pheno. Looks very much like the TriForce #4 I had last year or so.
7/8/9/10/11/12 look closer to TK herself. The last pic does too. That’s how she likes to flower out, with the foxtaily clusters

30 Likes

FWIW, Hp13 is a known crappy breeder. Lot of shit to sift through to find a good one.

10 Likes

Thanks ~ that isn’t the way HP13 was being sold but I guess who in their right mind would put that as a disclaimer on seeds being sold for almost $20 a pop. Live and learn ~

2 Likes

How long do you take the TK? I was thinking of maybe letting them go another week, would be harvest at day 70.

2 Likes

TK herself runs ~77 days. Need 70 just to get any amber at all. Caleb(csi) says never before 84 but I’ve not ever managed to wait that long :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Oh wow, so especially the one from the last two pictures could take another 2 Weeks.

I had that in the back of my mind but I really thought she s faster than Sour :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Indeed.

My buddy who has been breeding with in Hawaii and Humboldt since the 90s has done large numbers each run to find breeders.
His poly hybrids with it the past 7 yrs resulted in CannaCountry winning Emerald Cup. I helped him sift through the work in 2018-2020, and there were hundreds to test. Fun work, but work.

6 Likes

Open to cookies crosses as well

Anyone know when the anniversary sale is supposed to start?

4 Likes

I too would like to know!!! :grin:

3 Likes

I’d check his IG often.

3 Likes

My IG gets flooded with very swell ladies who made their parents proud! :rofl::joy: please don’t expell me!

1 Like

Figured out which plant is which, the stretcher of the bunch is the chem d/sour d cross the chunky one of the bunch is the bubblegum. :grapes: leaning bubblegum perhaps

22 Likes

Early stages of flowering on these. Some in soil some in coco.

5150 x TK # 1

5150 x TK # 2

5150 x TK # 3

Triangle Kush S1 # 2

Triangle Kush S1 # 3

Triangle Kush S1 # 2 & Triangle Kush x Triple Sunshine (tk x SSDD)

25 Likes

Sour Giesel day 40f

33 Likes

Csi was doing some work with Bubba taking it to s2.

Have these been released yet?

3 Likes

Has anybody run the strawberry cough from CSI? Not much info out there… I recently grew a small plant pretty much flipped to flower with no veg. Lovely frost and terps strawberry floral with incense

7 Likes

34 Likes