Curing in oven bags?

I agree with you. Turkey bags were always used before jars anyhow. Especially in Cali. I did find one gallon ball jars but the lids are not screw on. At my operation in Oregon, we made a room. But that isn’t where I grow my personal. So I am back to turkey bags for my personal.

2 Likes

I ordered up some grove bags after seeing some OG members talk highly of them! They are supposed to be like using jars but with no burping. Come in many large sizes also.

2 Likes

Huh, these grove bag ppl are in Cleveland.

Are you Nebulus Maximus?

Don’t think so

i tried to cure that way, i cured one plant the bag way and the other in jars, the bags did not do what i thought i had more terps and flavor curing in jars as well as maintaing how the buds looked, in the bag seemed to dry out the buds way too much, i will stick to the jars, the plastic is no good or atleast i will not use them again.

1 Like

I had the same issue at first with the buds drying out to quick, as the oven bags are slightly porous. I fixed the problem by using two bags, and then tossing said bags into a 5 gallon food grade bucket with a grommet lid. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Tried uploading a pic of a bud that was just cured in a oven bag and 5 gallon bucket, but it said the file was to big. Anyone know how I can upload a pic like that?

I’m not sure was looking through all the tabs didn’t see one to resize your photo . Might have to use a photo editor resize save then up load.

1 Like

@ShiskaberrySavior. Thanks for the info. Just got a new phone a few weeks ago, and still trying to figure it out lol!

1 Like

You could check your phone camera settings for future pictures should be able to resize in that setting of your phone then you won’t have to re size every picture your taking .

1 Like

Good to know. I’ll have one of my more tech savy kids help me in the morning. I’d be here till noon trying to do it. No joke!

Ok. I wasn’t sure if I was talking with a Neb I do business with.

I have used bags and I notice the trichs sticking to plastic. Glass gallon jars for me. [quote=“vinny_verde, post:41, topic:32285”]
did find one gallon ball jars but the lids are not screw on.
[/quote]

Thats what I use and honestly I like the seal better than screw on lids

1 Like

I agree and use them as well. They don’t screw on but they hold it well enough and let out a little burp. Its gets tight enough.

The trick is… if the weeds dry enough you don’t need to worry about burping.

2 Likes

Still a turkey bagger.

Suggested above by @riahgorf_1
I need to build a couple of these curing bucket dealios to try out.
Curing Bucket Guide - 2020 - Final 2.pdf (368.9 KB)

4 Likes

I hear Turkey bags are the way to go…

2 Likes

How dry are the buds prior to tossing into the bags? I’ve always used glass mason, but am open to something that’s more easily storable and doesn’t make as much noise when moving :shushing_face:

1 Like

Around 65-70%

As an intermediate step after hang dry, I sometimes use brown grocery bags prior to turkey bagging.

Into glass for longer term storage.

1 Like