Dank Den Diary's

Your notil plants even in the background one can tell they have more mass and looks like tighter structure! I’m excited to see these at harvest time!

4 Likes

I will look into that tonight, after I get in from the shop…Thanks for the heads up…I fkn hate the WP…Even if it is only a couple of tiny spots

I think the reason why I am so surprised, is because they were the smallest clones, not even hardened off, close to death. Now, they are the best plants in my shop…I can’t wait to burn it…I am sure it shall be tasty…

K.

4 Likes

What’s your partners impression of the notill plants ? Is he changing his tune yet to theorganic notill set up yet?

2 Likes

The partner thing is not a long term situation me thinks…He still brings up Synthetics all the time, and is always just itching to drop Dr.Doom bombs in the shop at every chance haha…He knows, and agrees, it is impressive…But is so hardwired one way, he automatically reverts his thoughts to how he does things…

But, he agreed if we can do 1.5, then he is ok with me doing the entire shop No-Till. He is never involved anyways, and is not the one that has to do the work. Which is another bonus to No-Till…My work load has been non existent with that bed, since I loaded it. Very easy, and laid back growing…Which feels odd to me haha. The rest of the shop is a pretty big job, solo.

He is more commercial minded, where I am more Craft minded…He already agreed it can’t work out…We can’t meet in the middle. So, the green road takes us on a journey…I am OK with whatever happens though, I am in a secure position. I am also the gardener haha.

K.

8 Likes

Wow dude I can’t believe how fast the no till bed is growing. Super cool. :v:

4 Likes

Thanks Bongo…I agree…I have never seen such healthy girls…And I have seen my fair share. They have been growing at a crazy pace.

I have only been hitting it with water…They are outperforming the rest of the shop. The strain in there, seems to really like it’s home. It doubles in size, every week. I thought it would eventually slow down…Was I wrong. The cost for this so far has been cheap to boot.

If it’s true with what they say about the generations of the crops getting better…I may be in love. I was already an organic farmer, but this is just silly.

K.

8 Likes

Hey Buddy,

How do you administer that bacteria? Just in the soil, or spray it on? If it is spraying, would it effect the buds on the plant?

Thanks in advance,

K.

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s difficult dealing with close minded people like your partner sounds like he’s not pulling his fair share of the work load of what’s all involved , me thinks you should have a majority of the say so if how things should be done as far as the growing goes guess some peeps just have to learn the hard way I guess you I I know the “ proof is in the pudding”!

4 Likes

Iv heard of people using milk to help battle fungal issues may want to google those techniques as well probably similar but a quicker way to as opposed to propagation lacto bacillus.

2 Likes

Spray it as an inoculant and add it to water or teas with a little bit of carbs either molasses or coconut water and water with it.

It wont hurt the buds, the bacteria is in the air already, your just making it in higher concentrated forms. It kills bad bacteria like PM,

2 Likes

Sodium Bicarbonate works as a PM killer as well, but it gets confusing as it dries, the residue turns white like the PM lol.

2 Likes

My no-till bed is going on two years and going strong. Occasionally I get a heavy feeder that doesnt like it. One of my Cherry Tart didnt like it this round.

5 Likes

Ya iv heard that one as well thanks for sharing your info @Shadey!

2 Likes

It was, when I was trying to show him the light haha…Now I just realize he is an “Old Dog”, in a 30 year olds body…Now I don’t really care, and know this is not a long term thing, so I don’t worry, or stress anymore.

I do, because I am the one doing all the work haha…Not to mention, he knows the No-Till is working, and if the results are good, he has nothing else he can say about it. Not to mention, he is going to enjoy the smoke more.

Myself included haha…But I am definitely never going back to synthetics…Why would I move backwards, and down, when No-Till is forward and up.

Thanks for the ideas Tiny…
I have seen it done before, but never had to do it myself. I know it does work though…30-40% Milk to 70-60% water…I may give it a shot here…There is only a couple of small spots, but we know how fast that can change…

Thanks for the info, it is appreciated…I am seriously making a batch or four of that stuff…I make my own EM, so this is just one more cheap, and effective way, to juice up my garden.

Will also look into this…Thank you Shadey…

I really appreciate all the ideas and help here…Cheers guys.

K.

3 Likes

“Occasionally I get a heavy feeder that doesnt like it.”

I am totally OK with this…If the majority of the time, it works as it should…Perhaps the best way for me to know what strain will do well in it for sure, is to always try one plant of whatever I wish to introduce to it…

I never had a problem feeding any strains I have grown, but for some reason…The white Widow strain I had, hated it…Locked up (*with organics), every time I tried running it in the same soil as my other strains…Really sucked too, because I loved smoking Widow…

I forgot to ask you about Autos…Do you know if they only use 12 hrs of light or can you have more hours light on them? Thanks in advance.

K.

4 Likes

You should let him listen to a couple of clackamass coot videos or podcasts maybe he’d have a duh moment and maybe just maybe a light bulb may turn on! Lol

3 Likes

You can run autos up to 20 hours of light, the less they have the slower they grow so you can run at 12 but more is a lot better.

With PM anything that lowers the ph on the surface of the plants leaves will kill the PM, with the milk you’re creating a lactobacillus environment as they will multiply in the milk solution sprayed.

EM-1 is a lactobacillus serum, you can do it without milk, using organic brown rice, organic sugar and pink rock salt. It’s quicker than making it with the milk.

It’s the Korean version. You can also keep topping up the container with a bit more ingredients and water and it just keeps on making more. It only takes a week if you have a nice warm spot, and who doesn’t in a grow room lol. You just have to have a flexible container as you need to remove the oxygen from it. I use consertina, camping water containers, 5 liters, from the dollorama store.

4 Likes

Milk would make sense think of pouring milk into a fish tank see if the fish swim for very long :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I think that might clog their gills up a bit lol.

1 Like

The lactobacillus process is very similar and compliments it well. Here is a link with a description of the process and some other ferments I used to make.

Shadey already covered this well:

It’s a little more complex than just that, but it is the main ingredient. In fact you can buy it and use it instead of making your own. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes