Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

Waste not want not right? I’m greedy like that I want ALL I can get lol. Make hash with trim let it dry decarboxylate and then infuse still a bunch of killer cannabinoids in the flower! All the fats a goodies that come out when squishing buds are still there just not the tric heads.:ok_hand: Two caps takes 1-1.5 hrs to feel and and it’s nice once you feel it kick in. Any smoked herb after caps kick in is at least 3x better and that’s underselling imo!

cripXmas A hash was BOMB! That was just trim from 4 plants 5 I forget.
Fems are always a good idea if pushing seeds I would think. I lot of people don’t have room, time, or patience to worry about sexing plants especially if running 12/12 sog.

3 Likes

Absolutely! That’s my thinking as well, but everything combined as ONE is gonna be more :money_mouth_face:

The IC x BX2 B is showing a lot of multi-branches now, so I’m planning the reversal of it. Just haven’t figured out timing the pollen drop to the 2-3 week flowering window that’s optimal. My guess is about 7-10 days treatment BEFORE beginning the bearers flip over.

Oh I know it’s a hash producer, I remember how small most yields would be, but I was shocked how much came out spooned out of the bags. I believe it’s double what’s normal. Oh man, you’re taking it next level. That’s gotta be a hell of a ride. It’s always testing my tolerance for sure

1 Like

@Trae1170 @Jpaul

The leaf drop is now happening! This is another crazy trait this plant does, and you would think it’s dry and needs water, but it doesn’t, it’s going to wither its leaves until they’re picked or golden dry dead left on, but while it does that the smaller sites continue to add on

44 days

You should see what I’m talking about

It’s almost there

10 Likes

Puuurrttty. Beautiful work! Interesting trait, losing leaves now. As long as she’s healthy and produces that’s all that would really matter…but I could see chasing my tail a bit if you didn’t pick up on it soon. Was this a trait that’s carried on for a bit?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the variegated dwarf does this at the end of flowering, it was wild to see the lower and middle half continue to swell up, more light gets to those smaller sites and it just goes and goes for last days. It’s accelerated, think of exponential speed compression. Yes it could send a mixed signal, but when you find dead leaves, it’s doing on its own. They yellow, droop, begin to wither and dry out. It always starts at the bottom of a main branch and works progressively up. It definitely adds factor to overall yeild, it may look small but it adds up in density as a rocks and very little to actually trim too, it’s definitely light.

2 Likes

Fascinating, thank you for the explanation!

1 Like
Pick the IC x BX2 reversal plant to be used in fem lines
  • IC x BX2 B
  • IC x BX2 C

0 voters

Poll closes mid-late Jan to start reversal treatment

B. Multiple tops

C Large center top

6 Likes

Great thing about fem pollen you can collect and make many many fem seeds with lots of crosses.

3 Likes

Yup that’s what I thought, looks like it’s going to be a B clone that’s reversed. @420noob Im not sure if I’m going for open air or by collection, but collecting and having on hand for future use is helpful.

Unfortunately it MAY be my LAST run for awhile. I’m not certain it is, but the possibility is there.

The homeowner I’ve been helping as a caregiver is now in the hospital with intestinal infection, and his inability to walk may mean he goes to a nursing facility and gives his home up to pay for it. So it means I’ll have to leave in about 4-6 months if that’s what happens. I’d like to think I could get a house far away from expensive DC to keep things going, but I don’t know how realistic that is. I’m hoping he can get therapy/rehab to walk better even though he uses a walker to move around, and I have more time on the clock, but I may not, so I’ll be preparing to PRESERVE my cut stock in case. Whoever wants to steward my cuts (US only), let me know and when/if it comes time I’ll get it arranged to be sent off. I’m only sending my cuts with the PROMISE they’re NEVER disposed of without passing them off. That they will be handed off elsewhere to be cared for if need be, that these rare pheno’s WILL live on just as I did for AB G13 and G13xNL2. I don’t want to see them lost…

I would highly suggest keeping seeds for the future when I send out after the new year, IT MAY BE MY LAST time I can :face_with_monocle:

A2 47 days in. I’m going to let it go 2 more days but WOW what a few days difference it does show. Dropping leaf even more now but still filling in

So the last plant I showed is fem, so is that small seedling but one more isn’t showing anything. Is it safe to assume it’s fem even though not showing after a week ? Thoughts…

14 Likes

Beautiful plant! I hope the homeowner rebounds so you don’t have to look elsewhere for new digs.

4 Likes

You might as well pull the dead ones and let more light to those buds

1 Like

That’s EXACTLY what I do. Good for you spotting it :clap:t2:but I wanted you to SEE before I did :face_with_monocle: It’s slowly plucked between that 5th and 6th week

Hope your situation works out for you. I think spreading your keeper cuts out as backup is a good idea regardless of how the house situation resolves. But hope your patient gets better

1 Like

I really love how it finishes up. If there’s only 1 I can keep, that’s it! I’m praying brother, I’m hoping it can work out for awhile. If he can just manage stay in patient at the hospital for another day, he can get Medicare to pay 3 months for a facility to rebound at. He’s also a heavy Oxy user for the pain but his long term use has caused his bowels to quit functioning from impactions and I almost have same problem genetically from my father, so I’ll just say I’ve been there to “flush” him ou nightly. But he’s at a point where the Oxy doesn’t do much but just make it harder to for his intestinal issues and to deal with spasms and cramping from taking the Oxy. Having dementia, painful to walk, uses Oxy and full of drama and eccentric behavior, other than my growing it’s a handful for TWO people to manage. As long as he can stay mobile and can get to bathroom, I think it can go on, but no mobility I believe is the key factor here. He was shitting his bed before being carried out by EMS to a stretcher, and unfortunately still doing at the hospital from what I’ve been told.

2 Likes

Opioids do that, I’m surprised that his doctors haven’t ordered him some type of stool softener, prescription or otc, to prevent these episodes.

3 Likes

Yes, he almost gets too watery from taking it. I’ve helped him use a water enema to help break up solid pieces. He doesn’t realize how much medication he takes, so I saw a bottle of Dulcolax almost empty before this started happening. I’ve been suspecting he over did it

1 Like

I’d just keeping checking that plant and dont assume. I mean obviously it’s not gonna overnight pollenate your grow but you know not to assume with plant unknowns. Probably is fem though lol.

Ya that sucks ducolax is not the way to go for opioid constipation. Opioids in a sense paralize your digestive tract so instead of moving food through it more gets pushed through. A gradual stool softener then regular prescription it the way to go. End up tearing literally your intestines. Hope all goes well.

1 Like

Actually I found it yesterday. Usually I look at the top nodes and tip, but I decided to look further down a node and saw it coming out there. This one was sneaky :smirk:

So my final tally is 7 A2 x BX2 started. 4M and 3F. I’d rather it be reversed around but better than 1! The seedling I removed actually didn’t take long to reveal and it still grew, so yeah Shoreline is right. I may pop a few more and let em sit around the bottom spaces after I harvest a few.

7 Likes

It’s show and tell time

ALL probably several months

Maui x BX2

You can see the BX2 coming out in the branching. It has been tamed to a lesser extent on vertical growth. I think it’s going to be surprising :wink:

TC x BX2

Here you can see solid structure. It’s still doing well in the cup, but definitely needs to get into the bag and in veg

Finally we have the original CX A x BX2 and it’s clear it’s still a squat bushy dwarf but no variegation. Not the fastest but it gets there. One thing is for sure, not many will run out of head room growing these. Definitely a true micro breed plant.

So far I like the branching and structure the BX2 is giving each plant, so I think we’re on track for good results like what we saw from both BX females :wink: Do you all like what you’re seeing :thinking:

12 Likes

All of them do very well in small containers. Do they all clone easy?

2 Likes