Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

I couldn’t stand it anymore, I culled two Oaxaca males from the flower room and put a Cripxmas B in.

5 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it. It’s sacrifice when having any male around trying to grow stash for yourself. Selection was a lucky hit, seeing what I needed from just a few, actually PTK and NL is only 1 but happen to be so right, otherwise I would’ve kept looking. Considering what I saw of each during the drop I didn’t believe I’d find better traits I would’ve wanted to see in other seed. Most likely the males being IBL would be little variation. Better to save the seed for backup than waste it on what would be marginal. Then of course is the length of time it takes to do each crossing, so yeah it’s not a simple chuck. It took from Oct 21 to Jan 23. The TC intersex made it longer but I can definitely say it’s very low to non existent now, which was the major hurdle to get over to releasing this test run. Yes it is and my hope is everyone is enjoying how the plant is preforming and ease of care. So if everyone is happy, so am I :grin:

I should mention @Gpaw will be doing a run of B in the fall and I’ve given permission to use CripXmas terps in the OGer project :wink:

8 Likes

Week 3 (28 days left) 5-8-23

I believe we are in the clear now. There’s far more white live hairs, no sign of halting or delay in budding. The lone calyx appears hard and swollen but you can see it’s by itself. The cola structure I’ve mentioned from the beginning has been achieved here. B has all the makings of a fast commercial producer. I’ve defoliated most sucker leaves from the bottom and mid growing bud tips. With these plants it’s best to wait until the 3rd week to really clean it up to avoid damaging bud tips, leaving only pockets of light to penetrate, and trust me it will all fill in rapidly unshaded from leaf. A2 has NL2 odors. Both B’s have that similar apple/melon/pine odors. My hands even got sticky reaching in to defoliate. I almost forgot, I’m going w 16 oz of water twice a day. I’m giving enough but I want to see if more air between the watering makes a bigger difference than a full 32 oz in one watering. It’s just enough before wilt starts.

A2

B3

B4

B4 pollinated calyx. When it’s mature I’m going to take it out and germ it. I’m going to minimally veg to sex, and IF that seed is female we will know the nanners that do pollinate are YY.

Left to right A2, B3, B4

Whole tent

10 Likes

Xmas BX (CripXmas A x Xmas Bud A)

1 topped twice. Also what I see as the best structural wise

2 topped once. 2nd best. Not as irregular as 3

3 FIMed. This one has exploded but has irregular branch structure

Here you can notice how one grows straight up into the angular. I consider this bad structure. However I don’t know what the buds will show. I’ve taken cuts anyway in case something remarkable happens

(Left to Right 1,2,3)

I’ll move these in after I harvest the Corn w Maui seed. Might be another week. Just starting to pop out of calyx’s now

12 Likes

You know all these plants like the back of your hand brother. How long have you been working on this particular project bringing the hard pine stank?

1 Like

Why do you consider this bad structure? Is it because the one branch is growing and an upward angle and not outwards?

1 Like

You know it brother! Many times I just sit for 1/2 hr and take mental notes of my observations. The plant is a study for me in all its aspects. The same happened for AB G13, I familiarized that plant so well 1/2 the research available is from my postings. This thread started when I joined OG Sept 21 2021, so 16 months to roll out a more sexually stable, better structured, faster flowering, higher yielding, stronger potency and pine/gas/mint/funk terps version of Crippy and a stronger version of Xmas bud, though A2 already appears larger bud than mothers pearls and smaller nugs, so it too could be higher yielding than it’s mother. Everything I’ve wanted to accomplish is showing so it’s very satisfying. I can’t wait until everyone growing it experiences what I have and why it’s become my staple of stash. Never get tired nor do I gain tolerance to it.

3 Likes

Exactly! Not symmetrical growth. 1 is the best followed by 2. So 3 is not following the same pattern of branching, switching during growth on the lower portion. See what I’m getting at. Now it’s not to say the buds might be special, but the structure is irregular, and that can be an issue with crowding and shading later.

2 Likes

Island Crippy seed done. Guess what, Corn has same reception problem as TC… Xmas BX’s moved in start tonight (5-9-23)

1 Like

So the stretch has started I’ll get some identified pics in a few but you can see the green.

so I’m pretty sure final count A4f B3f C 3f

6 Likes

Nice profile on the crop! Stretch should be minimal so will stay short. Get the light closer and watch them explode. Good female count :+1: Should give anyone a fair idea how each bud out. You’ll get to see how they finish first before yours are ready…actually @Rabeats2093 should have a preview for all of us being the first to the closing finish point flowering on A

3 Likes

Crippy a,b,c sfv collection escapes my basement torturing.

Up potted and already happy after 36 hours out in the sun.
Once they get bigger and confirm sex I’ll chop them up more.

8 Likes

Ready…set…LIFT OFF :rocket::grin:

2 Likes

Yes I’m here brother been so busy outside trying to get most of the strenuous outside work done before I go back to work!.wich is tomorrow…
The pheno type A that is outside looks nearly finished but I wanna see if the seeds will mature so we can get a Lil experiment to see if they r fem

The ones inside r plugging away I wanna say atlas two weeks maybe …I will get better pics eventually they r in the back Lotta work to get them out …lights r off rn …!! They are deff chunky buds I can say that also starting to put on the frost …I’m getting a faint smell of something …my finger will be placed on it further into flower …I wanna say like a musty forest smell atm …here’s some pics just snapped oncei seen you tagged me ! ! As i said I will get better structure pictures when the time comes …I am so ready for this

11 Likes

Brother, those look sooo good and the buds ARE much bigger than mother. It’s looks so dense in glands not even with a close up :flushed: I’m so impressed. You’ve rocked it :facepunch:

2 Likes

YES YES that’s IT! Woo hoo I’m stoked as hell

3 Likes

Thanks bro …Next time I can do better! They grew pretty easy tbh …Awww shit so looks like I’m rolling in the right direction to victory !

2 Likes

Looking great :+1:. Very exciting to see.
@OriginalDankmaster96 have you noticed a difference with fresh flower verses cured flower with taste and effects?

2 Likes

Most definitely I’d say terps are louder fresh than cured in respects to pine/mint, but not significantly diminished, it’s smoother. As far as effect, I’ve noticed I sweat more on fresh than cured. I think it kinda balances out from the fresh raw intensity to level off. Looking to blow your head off ? Fresh is the ticket. Looking for the smoother and balanced smoke ? Cured is the ticket for that preference.

3 Likes

Definitely! I have no doubts. Everyone should click on that first and third pic and zoom in….that’s total WHITE OUT :dizzy_face: And few leaves to trim so I was right, high calyx to leaf ratio.

4 Likes