Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

Don’t worry, they can take more heat than that. You just have to take my word. My rooms always run hot in the summer and I still keep growing. I just keep them hydrated and open them up as soon as I can. I can always change my flower time to lights on at night when it’s cooler. Either way my barn gets hot. Just the opposite in the winter.

1 Like

I can :grin: some cultivars just never go 100% on the hairs, especially sativa’s. The Columbian Gold and Chocolate Haze did the same. It can indicate a larger bud, whereas the one A that’s small like the original is all pulled in.

Yup, what was tiny clusters, just forms magically when opened up to more light, it’s amazing but unique to this line now. That was the really exciting part when I was doing the seed. I was hopeful that would cross over for both, and Id have to wait to see and yup, all true.

Brother, that’s the rewarding part about all this to me. It tells me everything I’ve done were the right choices and methods used. If I didn’t, you probably wouldn’t be saying that, so it’s means a lot. I’m looking forward to hearing WHICH is your keeper’s so it tells me how close to the original’s get, but right now it’s just by appearance until they’re smoked. Have scissors ready, cause it’s so gooey even after 2 weeks :rofl: It’s seriously like the old school days cause I haven’t need to use scissors since teen days on anything else, too telling :smirk:

1 Like

Oh I will, I like hearing these withstand extremes well. I knew that hardiness during the winter was an indicator of being tough to fluctuations.

2 Likes

Lmao 2 weeks is a fantasy where I live. Best conditions I can get is 72-77° and 40% rh usually closer to 35%. My dry in summer 5 maybe 6 days winter I can stretch it to 10-11 days cause of cooker temps. Like tomorrow probably cleaning up first part of B1 to be jarred. So I should be able to smoke some by end of the weekend. Won’t be cured but will be dried mostly.lol

1 Like

a1 lowers

A2 lowers
this is B1 lowers you can see in last pick I didn’t need to top it grew out with the 3 points.
B3 I just took this whole girl

12 Likes

Confirmed!

Could it revert ? Possibly, but I feel more confident these mystery pollinations are selfed than hermaphroditically prone. It was from TC x NL and I had NO male active. The whole point of this was to pop one, and if it’s female would say that nanner is most likely YY. I think if it was hermie, the first one would be that as ALL B’s F1 TC were the same at sexing. So I don’t think there needs to be concern if rogue seed are found. It’s inadvertent blessing to have back ups :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

So my big NLC is coming down and I think Ive pulled the rest of the partial harvests so my cripXmas run is done. And I have no more seeds to grow more :cry: but I got to share with someone and still have all this smoke so I’m happy.

2 Likes

Don’t need seed again, you have the plants to revegg once you know which is the best to keep for cuts :grin: IF the revegg doesn’t work, I’ll send ya few more, so no worries on that.

1 Like

How much plant do I need to keep to reveg?

1 Like

Leave enough of the tiny cluster stuff on at the base. Those will grow new shoots. I made a mistake taking too much of my first TC x Xmas by leaving only 2 buds on at the bottom, so leave at least half dozen to a dozen sites on.

2 Likes

We’ve got movement. Last night these guys popped up.

And this little one popped up this morning. Just waiting on one more to show or not show anytime soon.

4 Likes

NLC2

no more cripxmas growing :cry:

11 Likes

So I got some A1 A2 and B1 in grove bags been in for about 36hrs. Ssssoooo smoke report soon!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see how another person finds the smoke. I have been tagging along the whole ride, and the updates have been great from you @420noob

3 Likes

Week 6

A is already down and next is the B for the reunion cup

A 48 days

B 49 days

BX1 42 days

BX3 42 days

It becomes very clear why I want to reverse this one, would you agree ?

@Rabeats2093 Ready when you are to hear that 3rd fem A report

@HappyTrees23s Are you getting started ? Please let me know. All I want to know is you’re popping and ready to roll with the OD grow. Thanks

@Natea Exactly! I’m looking forward to it as much as you are, but we’ll wait for noob to be ready to say his verdict on them. I won’t rush anyone to hear if they’re not ready to tell.

11 Likes

You use hps and mh lights right? The penatration difference is crazy. Those lowers are filled out nicely. I need stronger lights. I have 150w and 100w led so I don’t get that lower penatration nor the cola swelling sucks. Just going by what I’ve trimmed and weighed the 1 gal pots have 12-18 grams and the 2 gal pots 24-34 grams. Don’t have all weighed just going by what I’m seeing at this point we will see. Tried to smoke some of plant A1 this morning rh% 63 in grove bags but too wet to smoke. It’s been sitting on my rolling tray drying will be smoking as soon as I post this. So how was your all’s week…just kidding commence smoking :+1:lol

1 Like

I use a Maxisun PB 4000 300w full spectrum + 8 80w side led full spectrum that encircles the tent. The LED is definitely cooler output than trad MH and HPS, not only that the option to lower the power helps when heat build up is too hot. Oh yeah, it will stay wet for longer than you realize, desert air be dammed. Mine is still moist after several days letting the lid stay open, and most buds are usually dry by this point being well past 2 weeks. I think it’s good weight for SOG, considering most are around 7-10 g’s short veg or none straight to flip. Sounds like bigger root space does pay off, probably more for B and NLC than A.

1 Like

Ok so it’s only had 2 day cure. Smell is just earthy dank. Then I light cough the cough bowl cough cough cough tastes like cough good dirt or cough compost once done hitting get a twinge of pine then can’t hold it in and exhale! My first inhale is super cool and refreshing. Like I had been sucking on a mint then inhale big but without the mint flavor. Very cool freshing almost numb feeling. My girl also noticed it without me pointing it out. So it’s there for sure. By the time we take a couple hits each feeling good head stone. Still getting higher keep noticing big ass smile on my face.:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: Five for five in our book. That is A1 the one that had the classic single main cola with lowers about half the distance of the cola. Thank you

4 Likes

YES, you definitely have all of the A in that one brother :partying_face::facepunch::fire: Should get slightly JH pepper, but like you said sucking on a big mint/slight pine on inhale and can’t hold it. That’s exactly what I get :+1:Once it gets drier it will starting hitting even harder. Yup that sounds like TC potency in it. It will soar intensively in phases. Very happy both of you are enjoying and giving it high marks :grin:It will be interesting if the other 2 are quite similar to it. Constantly tests how much I can smoke before I say I’m done :smirk: Think it has a chance in this cup comp ?

I’m getting there bro I can barley get my bearings straight here !

1 Like