Dankmaster’s Old School Pine Genetics workshop/log

Week 4 Island Crippy

@FieldEffect @Tejas @blendmedmedman @Smoklahoma @OhNo555 @Bayarealivingsoil @NDNCHILD @firehead @ix3u @TopShelfTrees1 @Coda @Sodapop @OldGator @District_Flora @Granola

Looks like fat cone shaped buds coming in and already a sticky touch. I’ll be boosting K from this point

St Jude winners will go out this week. E-mail missed to print envelopes…

The last run of the TC x Xmas. I do love its smell and flavor but the buds are small and it’s lanky plant to control for a mother.

The BX2 now getting heavy and dense in dropping

Almost there…Maui A and TC A

A2 CX

I’m hoping by the end of the month I can begin phase 2

24 Likes

Looking great

3 Likes

Always superb work :sparkles: @OriginalDankmaster96
Those crippy strains you work are definitely masterpieces that have been exhaustingly fine tuned.Keep up the phenomenal cultivations.

5 Likes

St. Jude winners being mailed off today with surprise bonus for delay :wink:

8 Likes

Lotsa love funk in that boy! Nice. Looks great, I hear you about unruly moms

3 Likes

Not necessary, but most assuredly appreciated, sir!
Thanks for the work you do brother

3 Likes

I’m jazzed to see someone working with Tampa Crippy. I have been puzzled as to why it isn’t used more in the mainstream, bred for dispo, variety weed especially, but also overlooked by our true breeders it seems. I must be missing something. In my novice understanding of breeding it appears to everything one could want in a potent breeder. My favorite characteristic is the absence of lemon Thai influences, lime and citrus yes, but no lemon terps. I personally despise lemon terps. I have some S4’s I plan on using with some bubblegum hybrids

3 Likes

It’s not that it is overlooked, it is a hard strain to come by. The breeder that sold the crippy seeds to @OriginalDankmaster96 and myself no longer sells crippy seeds, only clones now.

6 Likes

What a stupendous looking :eyes: looking project that is going very well. Glad to see the results of your time, effort, and energy is paying off. You 🫵 can see :eyes: the passion in the plants thriving, because of your dedication. :partying_face::partying_face::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

So have I, but growing TC answered some of those questions as low airy popcorn yielder, but I want to change it, making it more appealing to grow in commercial applications, larger cola top bud and faster flowering will definitely get it there to dispo. I believe the BX will be the next step towards it

YES, I’m right there with you :facepunch: The goal was to keep everything within the same family of lineage, and maintain its PURE profile. Everything came together right in CripXmas recombinant plants. Everyone keeps getting confused, not crosses or hybrid. Those 2 plants are a NEW line. Why do I say this, because both breed true! There’s terpene combinations that will work right and others must be avoided to keep that pinene/menthol dominance. I’d say yes, but only nuanced. The B hits a slight floral at the beginning of being fired up but quickly changes to pine/menthol/gas, so as long as it’s recessive like PTK it won’t overpower. I made a post awhile back going through all the primary terps, ones I think that will work and ones that will dilute down to become less pronounced.

9 Likes

Oh wow, the seeds just got more valuable now. Other than his clone, my line will be only game running :thinking:

5 Likes

Makes me glad I still have 4 beans left to run.

Dont forget about my Coastal Crippy.

On a side note he is selling South Florida OG F12 seeds right now…I already got a pack before he jacks up the price.

4 Likes

Yup, you and me for now, later Topshelftrees will too, so it will definitely be getting around eventually :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, I still have 4 of the self and 4 of the reg left. Back ups only but I haveTC A well preserved at this point. It’s TC B that’s vulnerable. Hopefully the BX make it more stable than Xmas did.

6 Likes

Your IC is loaded with bud sites, a nice looking plant at 4 weeks.

2 Likes

Looking amazing as per usual.:+1: That is a super cool way to collect pollen.

1 Like

It depends on height/branches if it can be nearly laid down low. The Maui couldn’t be done like that being large. Smaller plants work better. There’s going to be lots of this with 2 more AND I just tested some drier flowers… Hits HARD so definitely potency is mostly the Xmas/ TC terps pine/mint. So yeah, this BX is a winner and the next round of seed will be stronger, so be ready to go around mid Nov. I’m just waiting on A2 to grow about 6” from 2nd topping.

Even heavier than last pic

14 Likes

Rad. I still have a breeder pack.

2 Likes

My mans had himself a genuine A-TEAM Hannibal event. I love it when what???
:laughing:
Happy for you bro, that’s some seriously cool shit to hang your hat on.

1 Like

Update: CripX B 1 turned out male and I had to cull it. Too bad as it was really starting to look like it was loving being outside in the sun.

The CripX A is about to come down in a staggered harvest starting tomorrow morning as the trichomes are already cloudy with just a slight touch of amber showing. I’ll let the rest of the plant take on more amber for maybe another week or so to get me that heavy duty sleep aid going. Been having a harder time staying asleep for more than 4 hours every night. Hoping this will do the trick.

We had a tropical storm roll through this past weekend and saw those branches bent all the way down to the floor since I hadn’t put up any bamboo canes to hold them up. They were doing fine and didn’t think they needed it. Man was I wrong! At least none of the branches broke. I had some plants with branches over a half inch thick break off 3 foot colas that got ruined being on the wet ground for 2 days as I didn’t come out in the rain once.

10 Likes

Say bro, Im not trying to tell ya how to do… But do you know how badly destroyed that DNA is ? It’s probably broken, things in the wrong spot, and it may even be missing sections and me saying that is probably going to piss some people off but you should know… I wouldn’t breed with it , I would smoke it but not breed with it that’s all I’m saying and my opinion ain’t sht but I wouldn’t you just lose Soo much but I wish you luck

1 Like