Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Man I’m on my time… I’m kidding lemme look, April 12 they went into cubes. The best way to pheno Hunt is to start 100-150 seeds and only let plants with good structure and stem rub into the flower room.

98% of the time keeper phenos have a strong stench in veg.

Straight up, ima die one day and I’m not going to throw my life away growing weed that’s not loud.

2 Likes

Lol atta boy! I found a few runs with all the seeds I ran it was very surprising to see what was right and what was wrong based on prejudgements made on their stem rub… my buddy and I both went through and made our guesses, and both were way off. Stem rub of orange smells ended up smelling diesely and stem rub of skunk smells ended up smelling like haze. I would be very surprised if the stem rubs ended up being accurate bc in the past it has always been a false flag for me. I found that smelling a preflower calyx at an internode to be way more on point in regards to straight up stem rubs.
Just my 2cents
Swampy

2 Likes

Ps @G-paS ever get the computer fixed? Would love to get a peek at their structure. Can post pics from your phone too.

I have to use an external mouse but it is working. I posted photos on May 18 and will try to get some today.

ps I have an old flip I don’t/can’t use it for anything other than while traveling :grin:

1 Like

No worries and no hurries. Bet they’ve gone into super veg since that transplant. I know a couple people have started to flip… very excited to see all the funky stuff!

Im going to experiment with different veg times…whats about the earliest i can flip 1 or 2 od these

1 Like

Hello All! I survived the camping trip, and, as promised, 10 Truffles went for a swim this morning. Thanks for the invite @Swampthing

I’m not messing around this time. As soon as I see tap roots emerging, they’re going straight into Solo cups. When it’s time, I’ll up pot to 5 gal Dirt bags. I’m made a 50/50 mix of Fert-i-Lome & ProMix HP with 10% GS-2 added. I’ll also be switching back to GH Flora 3 part nutes for this grow.

Everyone’s plants are looking gooood :thumbsup:

3 Likes

@2tokejoke Usually when they’re rootbound in 16oz party cups and ready for transplant (I would say a month into veg)… from there into their final homes (at least 3 gals) I would give them 1-2 weeks in their new pots then flip. So I dunno, I would give them about a week or 2 more in those cups then transplant and flip about 10 days after that. Obviously this is just a rough guestimation on how quick they mature, but I think that’s a good ballpark. Looks like they’re just about maturing out of the seedling stage and about to become teenagers within the next week or so.

Awesome @Yooper63 looking forward to seeing your germ rate. Seems like 80% has been the low percentile while most are getting 90-100. Hoping you’re the latter!

2 Likes

Thanks @Swampthing…a few are going outside in the garden to mature at thier own pace…and a couple will be flipped early inside around the time frame you sugested…and that leaves a couple that will be flipped inside also but a little later…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Killer! Looking forward to seeing how they perform in the great outdoors. Have a feeling they’ll love it!

1 Like

Would you prefer half or so outside???..im greatfull for the genetics…im happy to test and grow these…just tell me what you would like done.

1 Like

post 297 May 31. They are flipped @Swampthing and will be up potted after I have “clean 3 gal”

1 Like

How’s the stretch? @G-paS The mother was surprisingly tight post flip, which was a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to hearing about the terpenes/smells that develop.

How’d they do post may 18th-31st once they were in the 2gals. Also, how’s the mite situation. Wishing you the best… those things are so sneaky! Predator mites I’ve found to be a big help for preventing them, as well and ladybugs. Curious, have you ever uppotted a plant already in flowering? Usually I try to schedule the last transplant at least a week before the flip bc they seem to really take advantage of the new space early in flowering during the stretch. After that, I’m not sure how much use they’d have for the space. Not to mention the stress. Also, going from 2 to 3 gallon doesn’t seem too easy in regards to filling the pot around the little amount of extra space. Thinking about it though, 2 to 3 gallon is 50% more so maybe it would make a difference.

1 Like

Whichever works best for you. I, personally, think Cookies is a better indoor strain when talking about look of the finished product, but honestly doesn’t matter to me. Would be fun to see both.

1 Like

Four are stretching like crazy and one look totally different small and bushy, They have been sprayed every 3/4 days and I am hopping tonight is the last. I was told I can up pot until week two and they are only two days. I had to get clean pots. I ran them thru the wash machine with hot water and bleach. They look good and Like brand new. I hope to water in tomorrow and transplant the next day.

I have to work the veg tent to handle the flowering and 3 gal pots.

2 Likes

Got my fingers crossed for ya. And you’re right, you can def transplant up into 2 weeks of flowering. Only reason I like to transplant before is to let em stretch their frame out for the flowers to have something to build off of. Nonetheless, the extra root space should make a difference for them. Wishing you luck with those critters…ugh I get frustrated even thinking about those lil bastards. Can’t say I haven’t lost sleep over them myself.

Hoping they aren’t too stretchy. Mine def got bigger, but she filled in to make long colas. So it wasn’t that she didn’t stretch, it’s just that she wasn’t “stretchy”…if that makes any sense
Anywho…
Thanks for the updates @G-paS

Smoking on the mother to Sasha tonight. Woah lord is she potent. I like the other NL pheno better, but this one is frosty and sparkly. Hard to tell which is more potent. Sasha’s mom is more old school pre-sour diesel/OG sour (wouldn’t be surprised if they are related) but herbaceous and chlorine smelling. Very fresh herbal hash on the smoke. And potently mind numbing. And on that note, time to melt into neverland.

Thanks everyone.
Much love
Swampy

4 Likes

Yeah I agree you can’t guess final smell, but when I pheno Hunt I put a star on the tag if it has a strong stem rub and a cross if it has a structure that could yield. At the end my favorite plants to smoke consistently are the starred ones. Also with this system the plant can’t pass veg and graduate :mortar_board: until it’s big enough to be worth my effort. I’m willing to waste veg space on pheno hunting but I can’t afford to waste flower space.

2 Likes

It’s rough out there for commercial growers, there are tons of clone onlies that look sexy, test well, and smell. Pheno hunting is hard now, the chance I’m going to find something in a pack that is a better commercial plant than GMO, wedding cake, Humble Pie No.5 or Gojo is pretty slim. You re gonna have to get cut throat with your selections. If a seed plant is elite, it should be like a fucking shining star. It should be super obvious. Like lebron in high school. If your not sure if it’s a keeper it’s not.