Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

I’ll have to respectfully disagree @BloodyAxe . Lebron in high school is like a flowering plant half way through flowering, as he’s already gone through puberty and pretty much done his stretch. My favorite and stinkiest last round in veg when finished, turned out to not be my favorite. Totally understand the space dilemma as it’s a daily struggle of mine. I forget who the breeder was talking about this recently…but this topic was brought up and it seems you just never know until the chop. I’ve certainly had plants week 3 of flowering that I wasn’t so hyped on and then in the last couple weeks in flowering the resin just packed on and came ahead of the one early on was the funkiest. To each their own… I’m just basing my opinion off of experience bc I used to be on your side of the fence myself.

Ya need to smoked it after harvest in order to be able to judge. Ya can see thousand of “amazin n shinin of tricomes” plant’s pics, but when ya smoked it, it is nothin special…

Salud al pantano y a su Cosa.

1 Like

First day of flower :grin:I

4 Likes

If you are going to grow more than you smoke you have to sell it to someone. Reality is bag appeal is important.

Awesome, I’d say they’re ready! Hoping they turn out to be big frosty ones!

2 Likes

While I do agree with that, I’ve had plants turn out more frosty in the last 2 weeks despite their stem rub in veg and early flowering traits. Also, to really know… would require fully testing these line to be able to indentify phenos early on (which this thread is hoping to accomplish).
Also, really trying to make sure pollen was applied correctly and accurately. Thus far, thank God, Sakura crosses are looking Sakura.

I do want to thank everyone again that have been able to pop a full pack and has been willing to document everything. I’m about to do some tests for Bodhi so I know how important testing is to be able to get a full read on a line.

2 Likes

Also, wanted to share this form of sorts that Bodhi and other breeders use for testing their gear… maybe I should paste it to the top.

Some important details:

~ please germinate your testers in a timely manor, within 3 weeks of
receiving them. if your not ready to pop seeds please do not
request them, wait for the next round of testers.

~ pop a mininum 7 seeds (the whole pack is best). we are looking for
at least 3 females, so that we can determine phenotypical
expression.

~ post your results in your favorite forums, and send us a final
report with flowering photos to this email.

~ please include in your report:

flower time

stretch

issues (stress)

plant size

yield

aroma

flavor

effect

bag appeal

overall impression (be honest)

keeper?

8 Likes

Hi Everyone! Seven of the Truffles had tails at 1 am this morning. I put them into solo cups in the heated dome along with the 3 slowpokes.

1 more showed a tail later this morning, it’s planted too.

We’re at 80% and I’m hoping.the last 2 pop and are female.

The media temp is 76* F. It’s really humid in there. Is there an upper RH limit? Does it matter? I haven’t checked it. The hygrometer is in the drying tent. I’ll list all the growing specifics once they’re moved into the tent. Let’s get growing!!! :peace:

2 Likes

For germination the high RH is perfect. Once they’re up I usually remove the top.
I’m pulling for the last two!

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Once they’re up, they need fresh air. I’m tending to these green eggs like a mother hen lol! The :strawberry: germination was so fast & furious, it caught me unprepared :blush: Never again!

3 Likes

Yum! Like real strawberries? I’ve never germinated strawberry seeds before. They’re super small and have always wondered what was the best way to do so… I figured getting 1inch small square pots and just sprinkle a couple small seeds on top and then layer over a small bit of coco/castings mix. I love growing strawberries. They grow obscenely well back in Louisiana and I’ve gotten ones the size of my hand before. But growing them from seed is something I’ve never tried…, always get em in small 2-4inch square pots from the nursery. Yummy. That’s something I’m gonna have to plant indoors.

HAHAHAHA! No,even better, “Strawberry Cream”! We pick :strawberry: locally in season, My side yard is full of wild :strawberry: but they’re small. Store bought plants don’t usually make it thru winter here. I might try growing an heirloom strain and burying some of the berries in 1 gal pots. Maybe they;ll grow.

1 Like

I’m going to grow the whole pack because I’m representing you in return for free seeds. Don’t misunderstand the point of this grow is to showcase your work. My comment was more a general philosophical statement rather than an announcement that I won’t flower all the seeds. Apologies.

1 Like

It’s no worries brother. I totally understand if you don’t have the room. Trust me, I had to do some cutting back this weekend and have been doling out cuts and plants to friends as I’m moving this week… no one ever likes killing their babies, but sometimes it just has to happen. If keeping the testers alive means you’ll have to kill stuff you’re wanting to keep… by all means brother. With the land races in this line I know some may be a lil meh, and some not so meh. I just don’t want you to toss something good and end up keeping something subpar to it bc vegetative traits.

In other news! It’s monday!! Meh… I how I miss my Sundaze already

1 Like

Quick update: #9’s root tip showed at midnight, but it hasn’t grown much. I planted it in a cup this morning anyway. We’re still waiting on #10. Numbers 2,3,4 & 6 have started poking their heads up :seedling:

2 Likes

Boo yah! Good news! Thanks yooper

Mornin’ everyone! 7 of 9 have sprouted. They’re under a 100w led lightbuld (5000K) 24/7.

#3 is Trifoliolate. Watching this one, should be interesting to see how it develops.#7 is having trouble shedding it’s helmet. It’s been like this >30 hours. If not shed by this evening, I’ll have to operate :sweat:

#10 has not shown any signs of germination. I scuffed it lightly with sandpaper this morning in a last ditch effort to get it going.

Edit: Forgot to mention… #8’s shell is barely visible. Hopefully it’ll pop later today.

3 Likes

Exact situation i was in…#9 had trouble with helmet…and #10 never came up…but the other 8 are growing machines.

2 Likes

Sweet. Love me some mutants. Hope it’s a rare resin monster!

2 Likes

Three BBA11’s topped at the seventh node, and tied down to the pot. I’ll give them a few more weeks, max, before they get thrown into flower. They’re probably showing sex by now but I’ve yet to search them.

4 Likes