Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Hi everyone. Weekly update: Day 7 Veg. The little Truffles are in the tent now under full spectrum LED. It got windy on their last sunshine outing and 2 were on the ground when I came home. I used what was handy to support them.

Does #3 (the Trifol) look like it’s damping-off or is that stem constriction from laying on it’s side? It is top heavy. Hoping it pulls through.

2 Likes

I’m pullin for that lil retard! So special…

I wouldn’t worry about it. Does it have new growth coming in?
Re watering-Should be able to tell by lifting the cup and feeling the weight wet vs dry. A little bit of liquid kelp and alfalfa tea goes a long way. Triaconatol is a fatty acid growth hormone found in Alfalfa that really helps young plants. I just did a lil search for Alfalfa Tea and this thread came up. Has some decent info…

Back to the trifoliate, I would just let it try to grow out of the mutation so hopefully in no time it’ll catch up (or possibly grow past) it’s siblings.

Not sure how true this is, but in the past I had heard slower and shorter plants are more likely to have higher medicinal properties…that’s why I never toss a plant until I’ve been sure to flower it through first. Also, another thing I’ve heard is that males are usually taller and more vigorous so that when they flower out their pollen sacks are above the females so when wind blows the pollen and gravity pulls it down…they’re then able to pollenate the shorter females easier. Makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint bc a very short male obviously wouldn’t be as likely to pollenate a female that’s towering over it.

2 Likes

Tagalong truffle: Gave them the first dose of nutes last night. Using megacrop. As soon as I took them out of the tent for watering they started drooping. But after about an hour back under the light, they were kicking ass again.

Here they are after they “bounced back”

3 Likes

The one in the back right is a sweet pink grapefruit clone. And the seedling is a Brooklyn sunrise auto. The other five are the tagalong truffle. Y’all have an awesome day. Let’s go make some money.

1 Like

Wow, that’s some crazy variation right there. That 3 leafed one is pretty wild.

1 Like

Duct tape, paper clips and a big hammer cure most things. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wanted to share this w ya

Good homemade pest management recipes

1 Like

I went away for the weekend and when I got home 4 of them had really stretched. One was right into the light and got a little burn. Other wise they are doing well.

2 Likes

I guess that could come from too much watts per sq ft.

Stretching is usually the opposite… but the burn obviously is from it flying too close to the sun. I’m sure they’ll be fine

Thanks for the update @G-paS

1 Like

I got a couple more pictures and updates …messages are acting up

New containers…1.5 gallons

3 Likes

Inside…and flipped to 12/12 on fathers day.

3 Likes

This is some of the wild gensing i dug/dig, and have been replanting some for the past 10 years on eastern fence row in my yard…gensing is a beautifull plant and awsome hobby too.

5 Likes

They are under T5 2-2’

1 Like

Compact Fluorescent Lights 250w.

Just says 2000 lumens 2 ’ long tubes

Grow update from Green Lantern

4 Likes

Time for the weekly update. It’s Day 14 of veg. They’ve grown quite a bit.

The Trifol is doing well.

A few plants have curling leaf margins. No browning, just curl. I could be wrong but I thought it was a pH issue. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Based on the color and texture of the leaves I think it may just be a trait. Will have to wait and see.

2 Likes