Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Certainly looking super happy. Good to hear they’re rather stress tolerant when it comes to transplanting.
My favorite is for sure the trifoliate. Looking forward to seeing how that one clones and how it’s clone grows. My hope would be that it grows normally. Hoping it’s a resin globbed female.

Thanks for the update @Yooper63 your green thumb is definitely showing

3 Likes

love to take the credit, but if it wasn’t LED, it was probably one of the more experienced testers he works with.

1 Like

Bad storm came in yesterday…destroyed my family vegetable garden…wiped out my vaults blue auto.wiped out 2 of swampthings truffles outside…i have 2 truffles inside and 2 reikos crystall candies left…lots of trees down…lots…no power all night…but my home and family still here

6 Likes

So sorry to here this. :scream:

That’s what is most important.

3 Likes

Sure is the most important…lot of people in the .in this area got hit hard…im most greatfull…ive had my roof replaced twice from straight line winds taking it away 100s of yards…my fam n neighbors ok.was a bad one yesterday evening…scary bad went a block away n stayed in a friends basement…

4 Likes

Mite sound dumb but scared my ass

1 Like

You would sound dumb if you weren’t. Losing roofs and such will do that to you.

1 Like

Dang man I’m sorry. Really glad y’all are alright. Being from hurricane central I know how crazy those kind of heavy storms can be. Major bummer, but important thing is that everyone is OK.

1 Like

Scared me just reading what you wrote. Glad you are alright.

2 Likes

The important thing is you and family are OK. :pray:

2 Likes

OK!! Here we go! Been meaning to come here and update everyone on the things from the swamp.

The set up:
LIGHTS: Lush Led Dominator 2XXL 650w draw
and a Dominator 2X 430w draw.

Promix BX (blue bag from walmart) 40% perlite and 20% vermeculite.
In plastic pots 1.5g

Feed: General Organics “Go” box
MYCOS / AZOS
Botanicare Pure blend instant Tea
Seacrop

Foliar:
NFTG Bloom Khaos
SeaCrop

I have 2 testers going Kung and Icculus, I have others in my room or I would have popped more than I did. I popped 5 of each… here is the break down of how it all went.

Germ procedure for the beans was as follows: Seeds were presoaked in RO water for 24 hrs, then moved to a paper towel in a zip lock and placed on a warmer.

Kung: I noticed the shell split on 3 of 5 with just the presoak, all 5 were out of the shell in 48 hrs from time of soak. OPERATOR ERROR!!! I BROKE A TAP PUTTING THEM INTO MY SOLO CUPS. :confused: Within 4 days it was dead… all the others took root and we’re rocking out with their stalks out!

Icculus: This little gem here was ready to be set free, 12 hrs into presoak all 5 split the shell. I bypassed the zip lock with these based on the tap root growth in 24hrs. By the end of the week the first set was edge to edge on a solo cup.

2nd week:
Kung really starting to impress me this week, the vigor is amazing, no issues this far 4 of 4 kicking it.

Icculus: Same story here lots of vigor and kicking 5-5!

Both strains did really well in weeks 2-3 no real issues, both love the feed and are loving the new homes. Plants were potted into the final shoes of 1.5g.

Week 4… Boom! Growth is amazing, all plants are now topped and looking great. No plants lost to this point!

Week 5… Sex time!

KUNG: PERFECT 50/50!

ICCULUS: 2F/3M AWESOME SAUCE!
But sadly today all the Earls had to die, so chop chop boys make haste. But wait! Kung dropped a keeper male on me… Perfect form, great smell, and it’s beautiful… you avoid the chop… for today

Week 6 Flip!! The plants from both are now big enough to fill my spot wall to wall, so it’s that time. Upon flip I had flower onset in 5 days.

Week 7- Currently
Both strains are doing great in my set up!

Kung: 1 is showing major sativa dom, the smell on it is old school funk. Hard to place but smell like what I think of when I think old school “Fire” Spicy and skuny with a mouth watering aroma. She’s tall and did not make much for side branching, 4 main branches but they have good spacing and lots of bud sites.

Kung: 2 Not as sativa dom as its sister but has the same smell. She’s shorter than her sister with MAJOR side branching. She filled out to be a perfect bush, near level canopy with no trellis. Lots of bud sites and stacked super tight.

Kung. 3… this beautiful boy was chopped to make room for the growing ladies. Space is a premium and I hope I don’t regret it later… too late already do.

Icculus 1&2 I think are the same pheno, very sweet on the noise with a hint of citrus. These both stayed very short, good side branching and even canopies on both. Bud sites abound on both of these girls.

All in all at this point I’m extremely excited to see what the next weeks hold for these awesome ladies.

The rest of my jungle…

5 Likes

Porthole Pirate by @Swampthing.

5 Likes

Porthole Pirate by @Swampthing

4 Likes

Porthole Pirate by @Swampthing. Grown by some Shitkicker. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Wow @Dr_Jekyll and @oleskool830 hats off to both of you as the ladies are looking fantastic. Super stoked to see how their buds chunk up and resin packs on. Those Porthole Pirates look like they’re gonna stack up heavy! @LongBeachReefer has a female Marukawa (Bubblegum x Sakura) that will be competing with you for biggest cola, but he’s a couple weeks ahead of you so you may very well catch up. Really looking killer guys. Keep it up! Look forward to seeing how they develop as y’all are in the phase where the buds start packing on big time. Super excited and hope you all find something worth keeping.

Have a great week!
Swampy

Ps DrJekyll, I see those feet! @Uncle_Al is gonna have a field day

2 Likes

Lmao yeah my toes make almost all lf my pics. Im always barefoot in the garden. That and im short so i cant get the camera high enough to get the pic i want without some toes peeking into my pics…always got feet in my pics :scream:

1 Like

Two pics of tagalong truffle :arrow_heading_up:, they’re both 17 days from germing and in bio bizz’s "All-Mix soil "…
I will pop some more beans soon @Swampthing, but I’ll update weekly with these two okay :ok_hand:bro…

Happy growing guys ,
Gaz

2 Likes

Awesome @Gaz29 looking forward to seeing their progress! A few instagram testers have some pretty close to flip. Maybe I can get em in here. If not, just search the hashtag #ComicBookGenetics and maybe they’ll pop up. Super stoked on all of the testers so far.

Btw, it’s a long shot but @oleskool830 the reason the mother to the PHP was called “Dragonsblood Hashplant” is bc went cutting clones and whatnot, the meat and juice inside the stems would have a blood red color. The mother to the PortHolePirate was 1988 G13xHashplant dominant but seeing those skinny Hawaiian sativa looking leaves has got me wondering if that blood trait maybe popped up in any of your plants. Was that the pheno in the back corner during veg with the humongous leaves? Seems like the Bubba and the Hawaiian sativa in it have meshed perfectly. Really pretty.

Also, @Dr_Jekyll I know @BloodyAxe has some Kung’s going as well. Will be cool to compare yalls phenos bc I know his have some cool variation.

Cheers!
Swampy

Btw

2 Likes

Have a couple more crosses I wanted to pass out for testing. Requirment is to pop the whole pack right away, ability to flower at least 7 at a time. Update weekly. And that’s about it.

If you’re up for the task, some free seeds can head your way. Just need some more reliable testers that are able to fully document their grow. Would prefer all of them to be grown in the same environment and in the same size pots etc. like they are the “control group” in a science experiment. Again, please only respond if you can pop every seed in the pack and update flowering progress weekly. Veg and seedling updates aren’t as important except if any problems with nutrient sensitivity or if they’re very hungry.

I’ve got a few stand up testers in here but dang… I’ve passed out at least 30 packs by now and it’s tough to keep up with everyone. This would be a great help to me, and hopefully it would be worth it for some of you to get some free genetics in return for a documented grow.

Looking for documentation of medium grown in, feeding, growth structure, notes on variation, smells, stretch, and finally effect.

Going to share a helpful form Bodhi uses also to fill out once it’s finished.

Some important details:

~ please germinate your testers in a timely manor, within a week of
receiving them. if your not ready to pop seeds please do not
request them, wait for the next round of testers.

~ pop a mininum 7 seeds (the whole pack is best).
Am looking for at least 3 females, so that we can determine phenotypical
expression.

~ post your results in this thread, and send a final
report with flowering photos to dankyBank@yahoo.com

~ please include in your report:

flower time

stretch

issues (stress)

plant size

yield

aroma

flavor