Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Thanks @toastyjakes you are a good friend had my back sense I met you and I’m always down for new baby’s to look after now that I got my feet wet again looking to move up with all you fellow og growers

2 Likes

I was told three plants in a 10 gallon pot would “not reach their full phenotypical expression” so to show the complete idiocy of that statement I’ve removed 99% of the root mass and tied the three plants together.

There’s been an attitude that if you don’t have a $5,000USD grow room you can’t properly test and that really bugs the crap out of me. So to add insult to injury, I’ve given the plants to a complete novice and will update on the progress once in a while.

It’s time for us actual growers to put these wannabe breeders in their place

(Same sixteen oz cups I’m using for the comp)

6 Likes

I just can’t like this post enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow that’s wild! Plants in fact express themselves a bit more I’ve found in smaller pots. Also, in regards to expression they should revealing their sensitivities more.
Whoever said that @Worcestershire_Farms certainly didn’t know what they were talking about.

Can’t you explain a little more about what’s going on here though? Are those 3 plants all tied together after trimming their root mass?
Thanks for sharing. This is gonna be wild to see how it unfolds

2 Likes

It’s the Bruce Banner Apollo 11s F2s, according to the notes I wrote down after our first conversation. There’s a plant limit here but his wife set her own strict limit of one plant. ( :imp: ) :joy:

A quick breakdown of their life as of yet:

• The plants were grown without training until ~5 nodes, when they were moved from a shared 30 gallon bed to their own 10 gallon pot.
  • They were then tied down to a 30 degree angle, and topped.
  • When the secondary growth reached maybe 50mm the branches that had not surpassed 25mm were removed, along with any on the “bottom” of the main trunk. (The side facing the dirt)
  • Each root ball was dug out of the 10 gallon pot when the soil was fairly dry, and the roots were trimmed judiciously, and immediately watered. The general rule is never remove more than 30% in one go, but I pushed that a bit.
  • With the bare sides touching each other, a sanitized razor was used to peel away the points at which the main stems touch, again, removing too little material is infinitely preferable to removing too much. When all main stems are flush, a grafting wax is used to seal the edges.
  • Hemp ties along the length are insurance while the grafts take. If you want to get fancy you can buy them, I make em out of old stems.

It’s now been a week or two and the stress has more or less subsided. Roots are just about hitting the bottom of the pint cups. He received this little monstrosity this morning. Only the second plant he’s ever grown. Let’s see what happens

1 Like

Ah, yea… I told you this but those were the extra seeds I wasn’t sure of. The NL5 xDurban Punch was the other full pack I gave you and I gave you those extras on the side and told you I wasn’t sure if they were F2s or F1s crossed with Sakura (referencing our conversation that’s what I’m sure I had told you). Didn’t really need those tested as they were just extras for fun for you to grow but I appreciate you sharing. I don’t think I’ve ever called myself a breeder so calling me a wanna he breeder is a little childish.

The point of all this is to help me figure out which lines have desirable phenotypes and to identify those to then help me decide which lines I should work further and what Phenos I should look for to then make future generations with. F1s are hardly breeding, the real breeding comes down the line when (and if) I decide to work to future generations towards a known goal. These first generation crosses hardly have a goal, but will help us all figure out which fun Phenos to look out for.
Hope that clears things up a bit.

Edit: and to clarify another thing, I never said those plants wouldn’t show phenotypical expression. When you asked for another pack to grow after killing the first pack of NL5xDP I told you I was looking for someone that would pop all the seeds and have them in separate pots.

Who would’ve thought sending people seeds for the price of postage would have me crucified.

5 Likes

Are you okay dude? You don’t think crucified is a little hyperbolic? I want only to refute a very specific claim:

1. That three plants in a ten gallon container cannot properly flower, nor can twelve plants veg in a 30 gallon bed.

I’m attempting to refute this with a real world trial. Using a legitimate medical patient who uses cannabis to mediate his fibromyalgia pain, and I gave him genetics that you’re sending out. I expect that he’ll surprise the $#/+ out of you with his results in a five gallon pot, nevermind what the same three plants would have done in a ten gallon pot.

Well do it…prove it…show it…big dam deal if it works or dont…realy not worth the fight…

12 Likes

7 Likes

My only 2 truffles left swampthing…deffinatly 2 different phenos…but oh my arent they healthy???and beautifull…same pics as the above plants

4 Likes

Look at the structure as a whole…the symetry of iether 1…then look at the leaves individualy…those leaves on the purple pheno are as wide as a bucket…not a burnt tip…or yellow leaf or any flaw except me maybe ha.thanks swamp

1 Like

Did I miss something? I’ve been updating them quasi-regularly, and just posted two fairly detailed posts about the exact situation as it stands today.

Wowzer bro! Both of those look top f’in knotch! That dark one is something pretty. The Bubba in the Sakura and the Cookies certainly seemed like a funky match… just wow man. They look great

Thanks @2tokejoke

2 Likes

Thanks swampthing…sorry they are outside…but they have outgrown everything i got inside…i put them outside a few days ago…my partner in the sky said sit back i got this.

1 Like

Whatever works man! Certainly seems like they’re happy. After all, outside is where they’ve been for 1000s of years. Really lookin killer dude. That dark one has got my eye. Great work man and thanks for sharing @2tokejoke

2 Likes

Have any of the testers ever been grown in the Australian outdoors ?

1 Like

Haven’t been on here for a min sorry just been busy anyways here are some of @Swampthing Marukawa in day 34 of flower

14 Likes

Boom Shaka Laka! Looking great @LongBeachReefer definitely see the Bubblegum in that first one. Nice cola dude :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

@Billybob you could ask @Pedro_Bann if he’s ran any testers before. He is your fellow countryman

2 Likes