Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

My thoughts exactly. Bound to! I’m hoping for that “bleeding” pheno! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately the bleeder was the Sativa/Hawaiian pheno of Dragonsblood Hashplant that I have. The G13 dom one that I used in this cross didn’t possess that trait. Doesn’t mean it won’t randomly pop up but I wouldn’t count on it.

The G13/Hashplant pheno is very potent, but my hope for this cross was to bring more flavor into the line as G13/HP isn’t known for its flavor. She isn’t lacking flavor, it’s just she’s all oldschool G13 & Hashplant smelling. But the cool thing about crosses is you never know when a trait hidden in the gene pool will pop up. One thing for sure though, I’m thinking this will be one of the more dense crosses made this round. And I mean rock hard density, bc quite a few have a full plump flower structure (despite temps sometimes venturing to the mid 80s).

Here’s some pics of the Dragonsblood Hashplant momma.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Ahoy Matey! Full steam ahead!

5 Likes

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrg!! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The Sakura male was identical to this female and just so happens she smells like cherrys and chocolate too!

Really can’t wait to hear how those flavors cross over from the male.
One thing is for sure.
Sakura is delicious… and potent.

12 Likes

Hey OG blades. Porthole Pirate is a week old today from breaking ground. I’m not happy with my veg situation. I don’t have enough control over the environment and the CFLs aren’t cutting it. My good friend @Jellypowered sent me some pre-skinned screw in LEDs that I will put in tomorrow to replace the CFLs which will help the light situation. Too many bugs also. The seedlings are too leggy for my liking. I’ve decided to order a 24"X24"X60" tent and veg in it. I can have it here in a couple of days, so that’s the plan.
On a more positive note, I got 2 more 91 Chemdog seeds to pop and they are in solos as we speak! Good news @Morgwar! Pictures after the move to their new home.

5 Likes

Insert Kung for Porthole and I could have written this. Mine are just going to have live with T5 and “only the strong survive,”

2 Likes

Here’s pics of the little ones from today

11 Likes

Very nice @LongBeachReefer! You are ahead of us old folks by quite a bit. Those LongBeach consistent temps are enviable. My son is in Long Beach and in his first legal grow. I hope to be out there soon. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I agree. After all, we want the most vigorous and strong. If they croak, the weren’t meant to be. Good Growin! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I want this one… LOL.

Bruce Banner man!

EDIT, for real man, anything Bruce Banner has to be the shyte! I wanna grow it now…

5 Likes

Awesome if your ever out here give me a holler would be cool to meet up with you guys

3 Likes

Will do brother! Jah! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Nice and thick! Curious what’s going on w that top row one that has the 2 lateral branches taking off. Does top growth have a lil mutation? If so, mutants are my favorite! Perfect story line for something coming out of a comic book! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe

Thanks for sharing @LongBeachReefer they really look super happy!

2 Likes

Swampthing’s BB#3 X A11 f3 genius both #1 and #2 are very A11 dominant. Growth in veg and flower, smells, yield are all very close to Genius. I had Genius and A11 in my garden for years so I’m very familiar with it’s traits.

Once it’s cured I’ll let you know what effect BB#3 has on the buzz

6 Likes

Thanks for stopping in @ray
Looking forward to hearing your comparison of the 2. I thought 2 would be my favorite given how she looked on the plant and live… but I started to like 1 better given my harvest/quick dry fiasco, 1 retained a little more stank. But a proper dry and cure would probably help both 1000x over. Gotta say they both really do have nice colas and are both very Apollo dominant.

@MadScientist I did make some F2s but also used a couple BApollo males on a couple things. The Banana Kush being one of them and I think would mesh well together as well. I did also make a few Dragonsblood Hashplant x Bruce/Apollo which will be a wild cross I think.

Thanks again for everyone’s interest and participation

This is a lot of fun for me…

Hope everyone’s week started alright

Swampy out!

6 Likes

Found a bud I have of the Bruce Apollo #1, the more red pistil pheno. @ray
The #2 has fatter calyxes that show more while #1 has very hairy looking buds. Both very full/long colas, but #2 fills out to be a little fatter.

L1-R2

L2-R1

8 Likes

They got a feeding last night .

9 Likes

5 Likes