Danky Swamp Funk: Comic Book Genetics-Pollen Chuck Reports

Jumped in raw on Friday, 9/10 germed. 90% is a good rate for not being babied. I think the tenth one will still pop we’ll see. Respect to the savage swamp thing for breeding vigorous seeds. z

6 Likes

I have to say that @Swampthing is a very generous and stand up individual, many of you know this already but i just wanted to say it here. I was offered to be a tester for one strain i love with just the lineage on it.

Hiro = Apollo 11 x Bruce Banner x Sakura —> WOW!

Thanks Swampy! Will not let you down.

8 Likes

I will post photos when I get my computer fixed. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Just wanted to poke my head out from the shadows and say what’s up to everybody

8 Likes

Wow, loving the early signs of indica traits. My intuition is saying that one will have some Phenos with some rock hard buds. You gonna top that mutant? Thanks for showing the laterals btw @LongBeachReefer It’s really helpful to see how they grow as youngins and how that growth translates and changes (or doesn’t) when they mature. A couple of those leaves look like straight up throwing stars. Really digging it.

@BloodyAxe thank you for sharing as well. I’ll be pulling for number 10 to pop up for ya over here. I have a feeling you’ll be caught up with the rest in no time!

Glad to see such vigor in all of these crosses. I think it’s important this day in age with all the clones around, bc sometimes they’re just more commercially viable when considering the turn around time of a clone over a seed. But where’s the fun in that? Half the fun for me is guessing which is gonna be my favorite and then it’s usually the last one I care about that just blows my hair back. Kinda funny how that works out. Can never judge a book by its cover, or even the critics or the summary on the back… in this case judging a strain by its veg traits, Genetics, or heresay. When it all comes down to brass tax, these are living organisms who are just trying to survive. As cannabinoid %’s keep going up you’ve gotta wonder. Is it the breeding that’s bringing these numbers up or the plants in a population noticing they get more attention the more traits they show that are appealing to us… or both?

7 Likes

Whoa Swampy! You got me thinking this morning and it’s so early to be doin’ that! Have a good day bro. 5:40 AM in Texas. Wake n Bake! :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Sounds like someone was reading Botany of Desire. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Botany of desire fucked me up, I wasn’t ready to admit my life is controlled by bead.

2 Likes

I think testing numbers are pushed higher by labs being shady. If you put out low numbers that hurts the business. Also people are better at gaming the system by overdrying and adding trich heads back to their samples. Like one time my homie gave me a sample pack, it had Kringle legend, wedding cake, tres dawg, and gojo. If I ranked them in perceived strength I would have had them 1. Tres dawg, 2. Krink legend, 3. Cake, 4. Gojo. Then the wedding cake came back 31% thc with 2.3% terps. And that friend started cropping the cake and eventually dropped the tres dawg from his lineup. My point being in my opinion testing doesn’t line up with personal experiences, it’s more of a marketing thing.

3 Likes

I liked the premise of the book, but felt that the stories didn’t support the hypothesis.

4 Likes

Lol maybe that’s where it’s from. I dunno. But I do agree a major reason for the crazy test numbers is bc of bribes for high scores… which is crap

2 Likes

These are the Kung at 18 days from seed soak.

11 Likes

#1 is the runt, 2nd from the right front. It is even smaller than the one I dropped a few days later. #8 second from the left back. Just before my computer died again,I got my sex test back. Five girls and three boys. Will be making new soil to up-pot when roots show the need.

3 Likes

Very cool. Who’d you do your genetics testing with?

I received one of these but have yet to use it

Thanks for sharing guys

5 Likes

Phylos bioscience.
How much where theirs?
The nicest three are male :hushed:

2 Likes

Usually the case… males tend to be taller and more vigorous bc when the gravity pulls the pollen floating down from the air, the females need to be beneath em to make that union.

I just received mine as a sample and have yet to use it

5 Likes

I’ve used both the Phylos Biosciences and the Steep Hill test. I liked the Steep Hill one better, but both worked 100% accurate no problems at all.

3 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Breeding opinions

farmer freeman have a 420 sale for $10 tests no minimum order and free shipping

5 Likes

It’s really fairly useful for grows that have number issues where males are obsolete.
Will be fun to test next round.

2 Likes