Danny Terpentine's Private Oasis

the moon medics are looking great. love the fat leafs

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I’m loving the terps on the moon medic x’s.

2 Likes

You’ll have em looking pristine in no time! I think it’s good for them to go through some shit when they’re young, toughen them up. :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Boy named Sue type shit.
Kudos on that Diablo, that’s a whole lotta light!
I just scored an HLG 300 Bspec for a hundred bucks; must be something in the air…

4 Likes

alot of them are coming up on half their life span and not very good for commercial set ups (imo) so alot of the big money guys who dumped 100k on them are now selling them for newer tech, good deal for the hobby guys!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, thanks @HeadyBearAdventures … I believe you blessed this garden… I ain’t worried!

(But for real though, it does let me see how resilient each pheno is, and how fast they are to recover. Definitely helps in the selection process)… Usually I’m withholding nutes/messing with pH on purpose, this time I ran out of nutes LOL.

hmm good point @204medismoke . I tend to stay away from commercial setups because I feel they’re used/ran a lot more. I found my light local, was used for one run but it was too big for their space. (But even if you get it 50% off and it’s ran a few years, you can still easily get another 5-7 years out of them.)

4 Likes

yep exactly so many good deals out there lol

2 Likes

Most assuredly. I got (a year apart) a 300 Rspec for with one full cycle on it for 200, and then the 300 Bspec for 100. It’s way overkill for the 2x4, but I’d never get that quality for 300 bucks on the retail light market.

6 Likes

These pics were just before I started feeding them so a bit yellow.

But dang I’m placing my bets on this cookie bubba right now. Pheno 6. Looking really nice. Strong mint over kush terps. Like those white candy mints at restaurants. Nice structure.

Mango Bubba (Bubba Kush x Moon Medic Og). Kush over mango terps.

Panama Haze BX2 @lefthandseeds 12 Weeks. Mostly white pistils. Thinking she will go 15-16? Nice candy “gassy” sativa smell mixed with piffy haze terps.

And the sour get’s the chop :axe: at 12 weeks.
Sour D BX2 X Rez Sour D. Nice artificial sour smell that gets engulfed by a strong diesel fuel. She survived high-70s/80s rh in mid-late flower. And also was one of the least affected plants (from thrips). She’s also seeded here.

14 Likes

Well not too bad of a turn around! These pics are a few days old so plants are starting to look pretty well now. Just flipped them to flower now.

Before

After

Bubba Kush

Bubba Kush x Limed Orange (she’s looking a bit hungry)

Bubba Kush x Moon Medic Og

(Mango Bubba) Bubba Kush x Moon Medic Og Male

Clones

Cooke Bubba - heavy mint on top of kush terps. Very similar structure. Sturdy bushes. Left one if female, right one is a male.

Indiana Bubblegum - lots of nice plants in these seeds

Limed Orange- yeah I’m behind there somewhere. She got wayyy too big, but I knew I was going to take a bunch of clones so I allowed it.

P98Bubba x (P98Bubba x DeepChunk/MonkeyBalls). They’re not the terpiest, but there is one that smells very interesting. But dang that structure… could put her out in a hurricane and she wouldn’t move. Super super sturdy and thick branching.

Moon Medic Og Keeper - love that afghanica/indica bush like structure on her. She’s the one that fades pink/purple.

16 Likes

nobody’s gonna’ know these plants were yellow a couple weeks ago :sweat_smile:

That’s day 2 flower I believe.

14 Likes

Looking great in here bro! Lots of cool stuff in the works! Love how u just slap a slab of rockwool in there and pop em in, I’ve been experimenting tremendously and finding out plugs/cubes etc. really don’t make much difference after all, all in the health and vigor , humidity FOR SURE and special sauce :wink:

1 Like

the cubes I just clone in. I always stick to paper towels and solo cups for new seeds - tried and true, at least for me. I’d like to say I’m a pro and just throw the seeds into cups, but it’s hit or miss like that… and 100% germ with paper towels. :man_shrugging:

after this run hopefully, I will be revamping my entire space again! :pray:

1 Like

I do the same, never changed in about 20 years, always works, always and it’s rare I lose any tbh. I was referring to the cuts, how u just toss the whole 40/50 etc. strip in there, I always cut them individually but I also use the grodan inserts so I kind of have to. Been experimenting with everything the last 3-4 months clone wise, every combo, every medium, every way a clone can be cut etc. even cloner vs. Tray about to be done. Just ensuring I’m using stuff to the best of my abilities as I’d die if I lost my moms now.

1 Like

Oh right on. Totally feel you on not losing moms. ABC always be cloning aha. Sometimes I’ll cut along one way, but I rarely cut every single cube. I just pull them apart slowly and most tangled roots will slide out. I also over clone the cuts I’m really want to make sure I keep, that way I can just take the best ones.

That one, the first 3 rows are one strain, then you see a cut. Then I have 3 more rows of another strain. Then the rest is uncut, but I made an outline of all the squares on my computer and printed it, then label each square with the cut I put there. Then I’ll pull them out one at a time and cross off the name so I know what each is. (That’s more for pheno hunts when I have a ton of different phenos to sift through.)

2 Likes

Panama Haze BX2 at 13weeks. @lefthandseeds

16 Likes

Ahhh now I see , I thought it might get confusing AF! Very wise.

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t been active enough to have noticed your thread before now, gonna have to look through n see how your summer has been!

I see you bred the UBC! Any chance I can bother to trade ya for whatever crosses you made?

Glad to see ya in the saddle and having fun, I’m trying to get there as well!

4 Likes

Yeah the sheet helps huge lol. @TopShelfTrees1 you can use my sheet if you want too. It’s pretty basic but print ready.

Nice to see you around @TestOfOath :100: Sure thing hit the dm’s :slight_smile: :pray: .

I used a UBC Chemo male on my Moonwalker Og (Alien Genetics) female (I found one nice female out of a $650 20pack from auction). I named that Moon Medic Og. I hit that to the Bubba Kush (matt Berger cut).

5 Likes

Nice, thanks. 650$ it never ceases to amaze me what these guys get for some stuff. Tried to get a pack of PBB from Thug Pug last year, he asked for 500$ :man_facepalming:t2: I know stuff is worth it (some but very few) hey at least the majority of prices have dropped finally , there’s always that

2 Likes

yeah thug pugs gear was super expensive in the “Hype” phase. Especially the PBB and UP, even some of his MB crosses.

Sometimes it’s worth it to gamble on those lost old genetics, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I spent $600 and an Afghani Bullrider pack that didn’t germ too. The moonwalker turned out to be really worth it though imo, amazing smoke and it breeds really interesting traits. I will be digging into a larger population of the Chemo Moonwalker cross (Moon Medic Og) down the road too.

6 Likes