Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

I agree…He looks like he is a professional Photographer. I swear he must have crazy O.C.D…Because I do, and he makes me look like a slob, haha. I could only imagine if he had a full room to grow in…

K.

6 Likes

Good stuff going on here. A good description of making selections. This all applies not only to micro growing, but also breeding. Observation is key. Keep up the good work bro. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

You @Mr.Sparkle are an inspiration and an excellent mentor to all of us. What some people haven’t grasped yet is it’s not all about the seeds. It’s what happens after the seed pops that matters. Genetics are always important but you have taught us the value of attention to detail. Please don’t change anything you do and allow us the privilege of learning and wonderment we get from your work and your undying generosity. Rock on my Shaman! All love and RESPECT…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Yesss laawd! Proper genes. I bookmarked this thread I believe. Is there enough info there to not bother you with ins and outs. My next run is gonna be killer. Are these all autos? The Shaman came through. Thank you so much. I appreciate your passion and charity. I’ll make sure I pay it forward or back. You can always hit me up. Be safe…
-Oh yeah…how do I decipher the beans? Just check in? Any pointers? Thank you that’s why your garden shines.
Yay!

3 Likes

I’ll check in, but just give them good starts and pluck the mutants.

2 Likes

These all autos? Did you say kill a plant? I know what you mean, but a gift from a friend is precious. Go in in the med cabinet. This is helping save my life. Ty. Your the breeder. I’m just a seeder lol.

3 Likes

Then there were 8

Just to show the sour crinkles i explained earlier.

You should be able to see what i mean.

12 Likes

One of the two plants I have going now was mutated like that, it’s half the size of the other one now and only just started flowering a couple of weeks later. It makes sense to chuck them if you care about gram per watt ratio.

3 Likes

What? You culled a plant? No way! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I’m looking at my seedlings much more closely now, since your informative post. Although I still can only tell a crinkle leaf mutant. Luckily it’s summer and I have a lot of room right now to try growing things out. I’m learning the signs and am slowly getting better about culling. It’s gonna take me some time. Thanks for the learning experience

ie… I still didn’t notice anything weird about the last dark devil I pulled early until it flowered. Hoping to get much better, so I don’t waste resources

3 Likes

Beautiful thing when a breeding plan falls into place. Best of luck finding the ones you’re looking for. Do the males show the same degree of color variation as the females?

3 Likes

Day 54 / 10

Looking back at photos looks like i missed 3 days in my counting some how and were actually at day 54.

They currently are still getting fed but at around 500ish ppm, just gonna add water here on out as the reservoirs increase over time still.

The seedlings the one large TDC that has been droopy since the start looks more so today , no idea why… Should start some more seeds maybe tomorrow, but also have some holidays in 5 weeks which id prefer not to run through, but its doable so we will see.

Oh and the green flowering plant in the back i expect to cut after the weekend.

And a bonus shot of the biggest plant “900ml pot of straight coco”

27 Likes

Out of each medium you have used recently that straight coco seems to be $$

5 Likes

it definitely is and most forgiving, allows roots to penetrate easily but can still grow pucks that allow water passage.

and @DiggySoze my “pollen donors” are females, i make fem seeds ;), so yes they do show that variation

6 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle. What’s the strain in the last pic? What a beauty. They all are. You definitely make magic happen. Nice bro.

5 Likes

Well im home, and have enough ambition to chop these tonight.
end of Day57 or so

30 Likes

The dreaded crinkle!!

13 Likes

:pen_fountain: Ruffles!

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I asked @toastyjakes to post the pic above, as its a decent example of what the crinkle mutant looks like at an early stage.

One of the giveaways is the raised outside leaf edges, apart from the crinkle aspect as well.

Just some indicators to watch for.

11 Likes

It’s helpful to see other examples for me personally, as well as others, globally it seems now…lol

I’m hoping my “suspects” grow through it, but regardless, it has certainly provided me with an education…

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes