Deadlights and Spock's V

Going with Deadlights from Norstar Genetics and Spock’s V from Seattle Chronic Seeds for this round. This is my first grow using a grow tent as I moved my grow space from an outbuilding to a grow tent inside my garage so hoping there isn’t too much of a learning curve!

Popped the seeds around September 26th so they have been above ground for just about 4 full weeks, just transplanted into 5 gallon fabric bags a few days ago from 16 ounce nursery pots, plants were all topped above the 3rd node (although I removed the first node, leaving only 4 main branches) once they were 5-6 nodes tall to hopefully create 4 main colas per plant.

Genetics on the two strains are:

Deadlights: AC/DC (22:1) x Pennywise (1.5:1)

Spock’s V: Varins G (Doug’s Varin x La Crema CBG) x (Finola x La Crema CBG)

5x5 full grow tent shot

9 Deadlights, two full rows plus the plant in the furthest back left.

5 Spock’s V, I placed small clothespins on one handle as plant markers.

Hoping the plants start to show sex within the next week or two and then I will flip to flower, probably won’t have room to run much more than 6 females give or take as the flowering footprint of my light is 4x4. I dimmed the lights for the photos but you can see that the corners of the tent are a bit less bright, even though the light is supposed to veg a 5x5 space.

That’s it for now and have fun growing!

19 Likes

Clean setup. Interested to see results of both. Good luck! :beers:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m interested to see how they grow and I am anticipating some eclectic or at the very least, some interesting plants if all goes well.

1 Like

i am very much interested. when you get some seeds i’d like to trade with you. i got a license to grow hemp and plan on doing some breeding to make some interesting combinations just to see what i can do. i can’t wait 'til january.

1 Like

I think I may keep around a few Deadlights males to possibly make a few F2’s but I will likely cull any Spock’s V male plants. I just have them all in 5 gallon bags cause I got tired of transplanting multiple times leading up to flower. Figured it may be easier to just go from 16 oz. seedling pot to final container for every plant instead of waiting till they show sex before transplanting, anyway, the jury is still out on that one, haha.

2 Likes

Good luck with the tent!
What are you using: soil or coco?
I suppose soil due to that big bags.( 5 gallons is about 15 liters?)

1 Like

Oh man a Deadlights grow! I have some of that to try that I should really plant sooner than later. Following!

2 Likes

Hey thanks, using soil with organic inputs and 5 gallons is closer to 20 liters.

Good to see you here Dirt, I think I saw you mention Deadlights at one point which prompted me to dig further into the strain and get a pack, excited to see them grow!

3 Likes

Deadlights (center and right rows) and Spock’s V (left row) flipped to flower last Sunday after around 34 days of veg so were around day 6 of flower.

Photo without dimming the light.

20231110_113750

Deadlights looking pretty uniform in structure and leaf shape for the most part, have moved three males to my outbuilding to flower out and collect pollen, there is still one Deadlights plant out of the six in the tent who hasn’t shown sex yet.

Row of Spock’s V, they were the first plants to show sex in the tent pretty early on, out of 5 plants, 2 were confirmed males and were culled around 10-14 days ago. Interesting plants for sure with a lot of variance, #2 (the middle plant) being the outlier with a lot more stretch without as much dense leaf coverage.

Spock’s V #1, the smallest plant in the tent and may have even started to autoflower before switching to flower. I believe Seattle Chronic Seeds used a “Fast Finola” as one half of the male pollen donors genetics.

Spock’s V #3, seems to be somewhat similar to #1 but larger in size.

And that’s it for now, will get some better plant pictures as they start to flower and will update with some pics of the males as well.

4 Likes

Just shy of 2.5 weeks into flower over here, 9 plants under a 4x4 grow light is probably pushing it, would like to stick closer to around 6 plants going forward but hoping we won’t run into any issues as is.

Full tent shot with the Deadlights taking up most of the space, looking really uniform from plant to plant for the most part, they have me excited and I can’t wait until they start to develop some aroma. The Spock’s V (left row) are kind of all over the place as far as structure or uniformity goes.

A little Deadlights close up.

Row of Spock’s V, keeping a watchful eye on the lanky middle plant for possible intersex issues, it’s reminding me of another plant I ran from Seattle Chronic called Hendrix Haze.

Stocky Spock’s V in the back corner

The dudes chugging along in an outbuilding, not sure if they will be dropping pollen in time for the females in the tent but I’ll be harvesting plenty for future chucks.

4 Likes