Delay in mail and best practices for trading

By continuing to publicly insist that a respected member of this forum has purposely not sent you a few seeds, with the only proof being that you never go them, at a time of unprecedented mail weirdness, I feel that you are being very disrespectful not only to that particular member, but to the entire membership of this forum. Your petty accusations make you look utterly foolish, and points out to the rest of the community how unreliable you are, and I can’t imagine any respected members here choosing to trade with you based on your childish actions here.

10 Likes

I’ve not had any problems with anyone else I’ve traded seeds with on here funny enough

So don’t be starting that …anyone on here I’ve traded seeds with had any problems with me

Please speak up

1 Like

You’ve made your point. You’ve informed the community with your side of the story and you’ve been provided the room to follow-up on responses. I’m not really seeing much in new ideas or content for discussion. Rather, you may have noticed that the discussion is starting to boomerang … which should be an indicator of when to step back.

What is it that you looking to accomplish at this point beyond what has already been said?
Is the amount of effort towards making this a campaign really worth it?
How much longer do you think we should allow the public rehashing of this allegation … over the private business dealings between two adults, FFS?

Negotiate a resolution with your trade partner … or not. You’ve made great contributions to the community elsewhere, focus your energies there.

14 Likes

Not one single person here has even remotely suggested that you don’t keep up your end of the bargain on trades. I have no doubt that you are a man of your word in that regard. However, you are unwilling to do the same for others, and keep insisting that another respected member here is not that same type of person, based only on the fact that you haven’t gotten your seeds from him yet. It sounds like you don’t use tracking information, and apparently the other member didn’t either. I rarely use tracking anymore, finding that the extra cost involved simply isn’t worth it usually. Once I drop the seeds in the mail, as long as they are addressed and packaged properly they generally get to the other person within a few days, however sometimes there are delays - that is just the nature of doing trades through the mail. If a respected member here said that they mailed seeds to me, and I never got them, I would assume it is a hiccup in the mail system, and not anything having to do with the character of the other person. Rarely things actually get lost in the mail, but it does happen, that is a fact of life in the modern world. You seem like a good guy overall, you just are a bit raw and uncensored. I think you should back off of your stance on this and take your lumps and move along to another thread.

7 Likes

I dont think its no one believes you , its more the way you came off and sounding like theres no problems with the mail right now, especially right now.

A person sent me seeds told me when he had sent them, and i didnt get them for about 18 days, both of us are in the states and only about 1200 miles apart.

I have sent seeds 2 day mail, that took 15 days, while you may not have noticed problems with the mail most of us i think that are responding have.

2 Likes

I had some seeds sent to me 10 days ago, I am an hour from this person in same province and nothing yet. I have no doubt they will get here at some point but the fact is that letter mail got lost before the pandemic so it is only worse now. The fact is that this is not about people believing you or not. With no tracking you are just assuming the worst. You cannot say they did not send them, just that you didn’t get them. Everyone believes you have not received them yet but just are not willing to agree that the other party not sending them is the only reason for it. Got to have faith brother.

7 Likes

:boom:boom …best comment

2 Likes

Admins can close this thread I’m done with it

I just got a letter from Chicago to Toronto took 3 weeks! These things happen.

You did great…7 weeks to go 500 miles for us. Everything is sitting for over a month here. I actually have gotten a bunch of money back from Amazon over it. I have been putting in remarks do not mail USPS. They do it anyways, and after a month a demand a refund. I actually have a letter with that’s been sitting somewhere since end of Nov. And it was only a 400 mile trip.
You guys are getting great delivery times compared to us. It is ridiculous.

5 Likes

I’m barely seeing a delay where I’m at outside of detroit, except for international, seems to be taking just forever! But even 2 day shipping is taking 4-6 days. My substrate that normally takes 3-4 days anywhere in the US is taking closer to 7 days, I had 1 going to cali that took 4 weeks though! I issued a refund and then 2 weeks later she emailed and said it showed up, I said keep it and sorry

3 Likes

since your near Detroit wondering if you have used Altitude Seedbank? and if so what did you think?

Even if they ship it fed ex or UPS there’s a good chance that USPS will get it almost anytime a package goes from them to USPS it takes a day later than it originally would have and now who knows how long that day might be

3 Likes

I have a tracked package sent to me from another member here lost in the mail system for what seems like a month now. And, I also just received a priority package i sent returned to me empty after about 3 weeks. USPS is really messed up right now.

5 Likes

Altitude Seed bank is in the UK. The Michigan seed banks are Great Lakes Genetics (which is awesome) and The Seed Cellar (which sucks IMO).

If you meant pure altitude, they are listed as being in Detroit, but their web site is a phony front, with nothing clickable and looks like amateur hour - very suspect to me.

2 Likes

So just as an FYI, I received some seeds today postmarked Jan 25th. It took them 11 days after processing the letter to get it less than 200 km in the same province. Now I am excited.

1 Like

I received some seeds today from tampa, fl. Not sure who they are from… The envelope was cut open with the senders address removed…in a usps bag apologizing for the damaged package…the package was empty with no seeds. :pensive:

I have the envelope with the qr code on it if the sender wants to file or whatever with the usps.

2 Likes

Jesus christ :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Not even sweating it man.

3 Likes

That is a ridiculously long time! However it gives me hope…I had sent out the shares of freakshow seeds before Xmas and some still haven’t arrived. From Canada to Spain, Portugal, places in USA…
I’m losing hope that they’ll arrive. It sucks because I think George was one of the guys who didn’t get his… and other good members.

5 Likes